Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Negative at urea breath test

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Abubakar

Re: Negative at urea breath test

Post by Abubakar »

Need your kind help once again.
As per your suggestion to be sure about the eradication, I have done an anti h pylori IgG test today.
I did the first one at 25th August 2021 before my 2nd antibiotics course.
Then did 2 UBT which came negative as I have already mentioned earlier.
I have finished my antibiotics at 9th September 2021.
So today after more than 4 months, I have done 2nd IgG test to check whether there is any lowering of the value.
But I have done it in another lab and it makes the problem for me to understand as it is in another unit value.
That's why I am seeking ur kind help to make me understand.
First test result- 2.12 Reference 1.1
2nd test result- 55.2 U/ml Reference 20 U/ml

Can u please make me understand by synchronised them.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

tough question. I dont think we can tell unless we know what is the concentration (U/ml) they used in the first test.
Also, it is best that the test is done from the same laboratory. Not all results are comparable across laboratory.
Even different machine produce slightly different result.
So we assume that result from the same laboratory has the same standard protocol and using the same testing machine, hopefully operate by the same person.

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

Oh OK....
However thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Struggling with my physical condition a lot. Though after my 2nd ABX at 9th Sept, 2021, performed 2 UBT, both of which came back negative and three endoscopy within a year, third one at January, 2022 which I have already shared with you... I have been suffering from low bp for the last 8 days which sometimes lower down even below 90/60. I have been taking 2 oral saline, 3 eggs, extra salt with food, a coconut daily. Probably Due to low bp, I am experiencing headache, pinching in my head, sometime vertigo, loaded head, noise in my head etc. Don't understand what to do. Should I visit another gastro or need to evaluate my thyroid, hormone with an endocrinologist.

That's why I did the IgG test yesterday to be confirmed about the eradication but goes in vein.

I did CBC and Sgpt (value is 26) yesterday. Though I am taking multivitamin and b complex but my haemoglobin comes little low.
Can you suggest me what should I do now?
Attachments
CBC Report
CBC Report

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

thanks for sharing your blood report. This forum is primarily for HP discussion. I am not expert in other area. But looking at your blood report, your white blood cells is higher than normal, may indicate that you had some kind of infection? also your eosinophile is also slightly higher, may indicate some kind of parasite infection?

anyway, please follow up these with your local GP.

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

So I have done another anti h pylori IgG test in the same lab where I did first time in August 2021. Value was 2.12 and reference was 1.1.
Took quadruple therapy and did 2 UBT which came back negative.
But today I have got a value of 2.37.
So frustrating and shocking.
Does it mean still I have h pylori though 2 UBT came back negative.
So, according to my doc, should I go for another course of ABX? He prescribed Roxithromycin 300 and Rifaximin 200 for 14 days. How good will be these ABX?
How should I proceed?
Seeking your kind suggestion.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

2 negative UBT probably means you are free of H. pylori.

the two antibiotics prescribed are not commonly used on H. pylori. You can give them a try and see if it relief your symptoms.

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

I highly appreciate your kind and quick response.

If 2 negative UBT mean probably h pylori free then how you can explain little high value of h pylori antibody. As I finished antibiotics at 9th September 2021, so if it has been eradicated then should not the antibody be little low after 4 months?

However, for the last 18 days I habe been feeling pretty comfortable with my stomach though suffering from very low bp (90/60). Really confused about what to do. I like to give a break with the ABX and keep trying with natural medicine and bland diet and see what will happen.

Hope your kind suggestion one more time. Thanks in advance.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea... a slight increase is probably due to different batch of reagent use.
it can also mean you were exposed to H. pylori recently.
Do you know if everyone living with you is free of H. pylori?

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

Thanks for your kind reply.
If I still have h pylori can u please suggest something about food?
# can I eat sweet fruits like banana, papaya, watermelon, sweet apple or any other non acidic sweet fruits and raw unpasteurised honey and himalayan pink salt as per necessity and also carb & starch like potato & sweet potato as some used to say even sugar of sweet fruits and carb feed h pylori. Some research paper also try to say to limit fish and egg which also feed h pylori.
# if this is true then what can we eat? We are already suffering from a lot of vitamin defficiency symptoms.

Please give some research base answers.

# And is there any food which can decrease the load of h pylori?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You can probably try some probiotics which people claims that it helps with the recovery and relief the symptoms.

There is no guideline to what food to take or avoid. So you can just have proper healthy diet.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”