Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Excessive burping

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Sajal

Excessive burping

Post by Sajal »

After 4 months of completing standard first line therapy, I still burp a lot. Eradication is confirmed by conducting RUT one and half months after completing antibiotics course.
I am in great trouble as whenever I sit or lie my stomach starts filling with air. It creates a lot of pressure in my stomach and throat. I have to stand up and walk for releasing the air via burp. It just not feel like normal. I am sure only inflammation of stomach cannot be responsible for such symptoms.
I cannot believe I have to still suffer like this despite successfully eradicating h pylori four months ago. I know some people takes years to recover, but trust me here no one goes through such terrible symptoms which I am experiencing. I am certainly not recovering.
Even my GI couldn't believe that I still suffer. He wants me to go for second line antibiotics treatment.
Help me here guys. I have no idea what to do. I have lost all hope.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Excessive burping

Post by Helico_expert »

if you have no H. pylori, then there is no need for another course of antibiotics.

I know some patients suffer burping even without H. pylori. It is not completely sure why. Nevertheless, during the course of antibiotics and PPI, did your burping symptom go away? if yes, then perhaps you can try PPI again.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Ppis does not subsides burping. My burping started with other symptoms like feeling of lump in throat. Over time the feeling of lump in throat subsided but I still burp a lot.

I continued taking acid suppressors because of hyperacidity.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Good that you are taking PPI for the acid problem.

The burping may not be because of H pylori. It’s probably some undigested food fermenting in the stomach. Do you feel bloating? If you are, perhaps you can ask your doctor about domperidone.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Yes. Bloating is very common for me after having melas or when I lie down. It gives me the urge to burp.

I am planning to go for another test to reconfirm eradication. (RUT came out negative 4 months ago)

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

Hi Sajal

I am going through exact problem i.e bloating and burping excessively. Please let me know how you feel now

I have been diagnosed with Mild Gastritis via Upper GI Endoscopy

Regards

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

I am not doing good. This burping thing has ruined my life. It's been more than 3 years now, but despite completing 6 courses of antibiotics, symptoms are still persistent.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sometimes burping can be triggered by stress. I know someone who burps a lot when she under stress. For example, right before a presentation or studying for exam.

when do you have the burping symptoms? any particular time of the day?

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

From last 3 years, I am burping constantly throughout the day, even on empty stomach. It feels like some pressure is building up inside my stomach which is released through burping. If not on ppis, burp is also accompanied by acid. Doctors have no clue about this. Also, I cannot sit for long as I have to be in a standing position to release the burp. Doctors have no clue about this. I guess, I am gonna have to live like this forever.

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

3 years? God it makes me nervous, as I am facing same problems as yours. There is a pressure that builds up in the stomach and in order to release it I have to walk or sit upright to release the by burping. Sometimes the burp is suck and its that's the worst feeling ever. The only that subsides the pressure is the PPI which I am taking from last 1 month. It is the combination of Domperidone and Esomeprazole. But I wonder how long a person can be on PPI. Have you tried any alternate medicines in Ayurveda or homeopathy? Did you do endoscopy of your upper GI track?

@Helico expert, can you please advice how long person can be on PPI without any sever side effects. I need to stop the PPI so that i can go for h pylori test

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”