Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Penicillin allergy

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Penicillin allergy

Post by Helico_expert »

unfortunately antibiotic is the only effective treatment for H. pylori.

There are some natural remedy mentioned in this forum. However, it doesnt work for everyone. Natural remedy can take a very long time and usually has a cure rate of lower than 10%.

It is best you find out what antibiotics you can use and design a treatment plan.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Natural remedies could work, but it takes time, sometimes months. I think the key is in the high doses of PPI'S, whether u use standard antibiotics therapy or natural remedies. At the previous page I've posted clinical trial about the black seed oil's impact on the h.pylori eradication. Currently, I'm on the 2g of black seed oil capsules (could not find capsules with powder) and 80mg of Pantoprazole daily. Also, I'm on the strict low sugar and salts diet. I'm going to do a stool test again 4 weeks after the end of treatment, so we'll see.

P. S. It's also important that you're sure u don't have GI bleeding and ulcers. You should do endoscopy before any treatment. I've done it 2 months ago and it shows antral gastritis and bulbitis without signs of ulcers.

Hales

Post by Hales »

What antibiotics should you avoid if you are allergic to penicillin?
It is generally recommended that you avoid all drugs in the immediate penicillin family (amoxicillin, ampicillin, amoxicillin-clavulanate, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, piperacillin-tazobactam as well as certain drugs in the cephalosporin class (a closely related class to penicillins).
EVisa Requirements for Azerbaijan [url= https://evisa-govt.com/azerbaijan-visa-requirements]get information[/url]

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yes.. you have listed all the antibiotics under the Penicillin family.

but only about 10% of people who is allergic to penicillin also allergic to cephalosporin. So perhaps it's something you can go find out.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Update: the stool test is negative (rapid immunochromatography antigen test). I will be doing another one in a different lab just to make sure that h.pylori is eliminated.

So, after my first failed treatment, Metronidazole + Clarithromycin+ Pantoprazole + Bismuth for 7 days, I've decided to try with natural remedies. I found an interesting clinical trial which consists of Black seed's oil 2g daily plus Pantoprazole 40 mg daily, with similar eradication rates compared to triple therapy. I've modified this regime, taking 80 mg Pantoprazole daily for the first 15 days then reducing dose to 40 mg for the last 15 days. After that I found on the net an article about a naturopath who claims that by using his herbal preparations, h. Pylori is eliminated in 12 days.

Unlike others, who claim the same, he submitted an evidence in the form of h.pylori negative stool test results after his therapy. I know, there is a chance that results were falsified in agreement with patients or laboratories, but through our conversation he seemed like a nice guy, so I've decided to try at my own risk. The risk was greater because I did not know the origin of his remedies and their classification, but I've already decided to try it at my own risk.

His treatment consisted of 4 different herbal remedies. 3 cups of tea 3 times per Day, half an hour before each meal. One tablespoon of tea with 300 ml of boiled water. Also, I've used famotidine 40 mg daily for 12 days. He told me that I should do stool/UBT test 5 or 6 weeks test after the end of treatment. In fact, this was one of the main reasons I've decided to try his products, since he knew that is beneficial to do stool/UBT test not immediately but instead give it a time for bacterial colonies to grow if not eradicated. My symptoms aren't as severe as were before, but I'm still nauseous in the morning and sometimes I feel burning sensations in the stomach. It's going to be a long journey until full recovery, assuming that test result is accurate.
Last edited by Plotun on Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Pluton,
I've been consuming freeze dried broccolli sprouts from KOYAH. I have felt an improvement despite it being a natural remedy. I'm waiting until January to see if my esophagitis improves enough to switch from a ppi to an h2 receptor antagonist. I plan to get retested and then do another treatment if necessary.

I also use gas x / simethicone. It suppresses bacterial growth.

Gas x eliminates the burning pain, gas, bloating, breathlessness, and belching.

Broccolli sprouts helped with eliminating stomach inflammation and got rid of my heart palpitations. It also changed the color of my stool back to a normal color. Before, it was too light in color but I thought it was because of the antacids.

Some days, I almost feel normal. The broccolli sprouts made a huge difference. I started feeling noticeably better within a few days.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

TinaSF wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Pluton,
I've been consuming freeze dried broccolli sprouts from KOYAH. I have felt an improvement despite it being a natural remedy. I'm waiting until January to see if my esophagitis improves enough to switch from a ppi to an h2 receptor antagonist. I plan to get retested and then do another treatment if necessary.

I also use gas x / simethicone. It suppresses bacterial growth.

Gas x eliminates the burning pain, gas, bloating, breathlessness, and belching.

Broccolli sprouts helped with eliminating stomach inflammation and got rid of my heart palpitations. It also changed the color of my stool back to a normal color. Before, it was too light in color but I thought it was because of the antacids.

Some days, I almost feel normal. The broccolli sprouts made a huge difference. I started feeling noticeably better within a few days.
Glad to hear that you're better, but keep in mind that broccolli sprouts are able only to suppress h.pylori growth and reduce it's colonization. It's very important to get off everything that suppress h.pylori growth for 5 or 6 weeks and do stool/UBT test to make sure that bug is eradicated.

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to stop consuming broccolli sprouts well before getting tested. I want my results to be as accurate as possible.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am
if your remedy is going to affect your stomach acid, then stop. otherwise it is ok.
Helico_expert, I need Your help with this one. I did the stool test 2 days ago and it showed negative. I had stopped famotidine 3 days before the test. I didn't use antibiotics or any PPI for about 40 days. I've decided to do the UBT instead another rapid stool test, and I found two labs which provide tests. I know that general rules are to stop taking antibiotics and Bismuth 4 weeks before test, and PPI's 2 weeks, but one of these labs gave me info that I should stop taking H2 blockers 7 days before the test, and another lab gave me info I should stop taking H2 blockers 14 days before the test. I'm confused now... Which one is right? What should I do? Today is my seventh day without famotidine intake.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

with famotidine or any H2 blockers, you only need to fast for 6 hrs before breath test

Here is a guide of how long you need to stop taking the acid suppressants and antibiotics.

https://helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”