Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Total lack of appetite for HP infection

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

jose92

Total lack of appetite for HP infection

Post by jose92 »

I will tell you what happened to me. More than six months ago I started having symptoms of fullness, loss of appetite, very intense reflux and could not eat because I was vomiting. I went to the hospital several times and what they gave me was famotidine, then they gave me a gastroscopy where they saw a lot of reflux, mild erosion of the esophagus and gastritis, the gastroenterologist gave me esomeprazole which helped me a little, continue with the symptoms and decided to do me another gastroscopy with rapid urease test for Helicobacter, which was positive. I started with triple therapy and I felt better for a few days, after finishing the triple therapy I took esomeprazole for 1 month and I did the gastroscopy to see if I no longer had the bacteria, it came out negative but I continued with the symptoms and even worsened, the loss Appetite never left and the reflux intensified. I went to another gastroenterologist who decided to take biopsies and grow a culture in which he came out positive for Helicobacter pilory infection, I am currently on day 10 of the quadruple therapy with metronidazole I feel better, the reflux has decreased a lot but the fullness and loss of appetite continue. It is normal that my loss of appetite is prolonged so much, will I ever be hungry again?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Total lack of appetite for HP infection

Post by Helico_expert »

I think it's important to find out if you are truly free of H. pylori.
To get accurate rapid urease test (via endoscopy) or breath test, one must stop taking PPI or antibiotics for at least 2 weeks. Because those tests rely on the amount of HP in the stomach. taking PPI and/or antibiotics will lower the bacterial load and give you a false negative result.

So which quadruple therapy are you taking now? remember to get a follow up breath test 2 weeks after you completed your treatment.

jose92

Post by jose92 »

I am on omeprazole 20mg / 12h, bismuth 250mg / 12h, doxycycline 100mg / 12h and metronidazole 500mg / 8h for 14 days.
I feel better under therapy, there are good days when I get hungry for a few minutes but most of the time I am not hungry. Is this symptom normal in Helicobacter infection?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

When H. pylori is eradicated, the stomach gets healthier. We do observed that patients get better appetite after HP eradication.

jose92

Post by jose92 »

Thank you very much, that gives me peace of mind since it is very stressful not to have the feeling of hunger for so long.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

All the best to your recovery. do keep us posted with your updates.

jose92

Post by jose92 »

Hello, after 4 days of finishing the antibiotic treatment, I am still not hungry and have reflux symptoms. My gastroenterologist told me to have stool tests in 2 weeks but I am still taking ppi. Could I give a false negative if I keep taking ppi? How long do I have to wait to be tested once I stop taking ppi?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

PPI can reduce HP quantity and hence affect the stool test.
it is best to switch your PPI to H2 blocker for two weeks before conducting the stool test or breath test.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”