Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

9th Day of medication - My HP Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

mangobajito

9th Day of medication - My HP Story

Post by mangobajito »

My Story - 28 Years Male

It all started with kale juice. After drinking a bit, I felt acid reflux and upper abdominal pain. In that week, When i had some black coffee
which i used to have everyday i felt acid reflux again and same after eating broccoli. With some suggestions, i started taking acid controller pills (Dosage suggests to take for 14 days to see the difference).
while taking it daily, my situation got worse day by day, new symptoms showing up.
Bloating( i assume i had these from long back but ignored)
Indigestion
flatulence
fatigue
sounds from belly after taking food (Literally i can feel something is moving in my body)
cant sleep at nights (stomach uneasy)
Loss of appetite
weight loss(not much but i felt it started)

I started googling my symptoms and came to conclusion that it was SIBO. However, I thought i should complete 14 days course to fix my health issue. But I was completely down with no energy then i stopped taking it after 10 days. After that i called GI doctor for appointment.
It was like 2 months waiting time then i thought of doing annual checkup(as my insurance covers 1 for year) by which i can confirm my overall health. After checkup tests i spoke with doctor explaining all my symptoms.

She told me like dis "I doubt it was H pylori bacteria" not to worry. Lets have a breath test next week as we will be having all the reports
of annual checkup too. we can come to conclusion.she told me to avoid bismuth and some other medicines until test.

Then I started googling about H Pylori(which i have never heard in my life) and my symptoms were 100% matching then i got fixed that i have h pylori. Started looking for natural remedies.
Immediately bought some
Manuka honey
Cranberry juice
broccoli sprouts
garlic

after some more research (2 more days). I bought
Mastic gum
DGL Licorice

After having manuka honey i felt some relief, i continued taking broccoli sprouts,garlic, cranberry juice but i haven't felt any major changes to my condition(i assume natural remedies will take time).Went for reports following week, reports were absolutely fine and gave breath test.
Meanwhile my mastic gum, DGL arrived. Took 2 pills of mastic gum early morning on empty stomach (there comes the magic) i felt so much relief and after 3 days i became normal. However Judgement day was arrived and as predicted doctor said it is H pylori positive.
checkkkk.PNG
Doctor gave prescription for 10 days
Tetracycline 4 times
metronidazole 4 times
omeparazole 2 times
pepto bismol 4 times

I stopped natual remedies and started taking medication from next day, on the first day felt uneasy but from second day i started coming to normal again. Just now completed my 9th day, i feel i was completely normal (eating everything). Among 9 days except bismuth i took everything on time (i used to take bismuth only 2 times some days)

I had followup breath test on 18th nov 2019. But i will move it to end of the month and will update my result here.

But i will continue the below natural remedies for 2 more months
mastic gum
dgl
saurkraut
cabbage juice
manuka honey
garlic
kefir

Finally thanks for all the contributors to dis great forum, i used to read your stories and relate myself.
Thanks to my doctor who predicted it early(as i read in so many stories that it took years for them to figure out whats happening)
Will people get normal with first phase of medication? what are chances of reinfection?
Thanks
Last edited by mangobajito on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: 9th Day of medication - My HP Story

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing your story. It is however not advisable to take antibiotics without doctors prescription. What you read from google is not always right.

Anyway, I assume you are HP negative now.

It's hard to get reinfected. However it is possible if you are living with someone carrying H. pylori under the same roof. Try to get everyone under the same roof to get tested and treatment.

Look after your personal hygiene can reduce risk of reinfection.

mangobajito

Post by mangobajito »

@helico_expert

Thanks for the reply, i took antibiotics after doctors prescription.

mangobajito

Post by mangobajito »

Even after medication i felt these symptoms
borborygmi (Rumbling sounds from stomach)
I am unable to sleep on left side, whenever i tried my stomach made unbearable sounds..

i read in forum that to heal your gut it takes time.thats the only hope that kept me think positive..
I got better day by day...
and after 3 to 4 weeks borborygmi stopped, but i still feel some back pain now..

Took the follow up test yesterday and it came out negative
9C273FCB-4B65-404F-AB9F-59277D0D4ADA.jpeg

This is what i took after medication ( i am not sure whether it helped or not, but i thought before taking follow up test, i have to try all possible natural ways )

Broccoli sprouts on empty stomach every morning for 20 days.
Kefir daily
Yogurt with saurkraut daily
Licorice root

Coming to food..
I ate everything (pizza, donuts, chocolates etc)..

In this period, i stopped my physical activities..should start hitting gym again..

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think it's good news that your UBT is negative. At least you know your stomach condition will not deteriorate any further. If you find those natural herbs useful, please continue. Otherwise, you can try ranitidine (or PPI) to see if that helps with the "rumbling" sound.

Gym is good. Keeping physical fitness is always going to help.

johanberk

Post by johanberk »

mangobajito wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:38 pm
My Story - 28 Years Male

It all started with kale juice. After drinking a bit, I felt acid reflux and upper abdominal pain. In that week, When i had some black coffee
which i used to have everyday i felt acid reflux again and same after eating broccoli. With some suggestions, i started taking acid controller pills (Dosage suggests to take for 14 days to see the difference).
while taking it daily, my situation got worse day by day, new symptoms showing up.
Bloating( i assume i had these from long back but ignored)
Indigestion
flatulence
fatigue
sounds from belly after taking food (Literally i can feel something is moving in my body)
cant sleep at nights (stomach uneasy)
Loss of appetite
weight loss(not much but i felt it started)

I started googling my symptoms and came to conclusion that it was SIBO. However, I thought i should complete 14 days course to fix my health issue. But I was completely down with no energy then i stopped taking it after 10 days. After that i called GI doctor for appointment.
It was like 2 months waiting time then i thought of doing annual checkup(as my insurance covers 1 for year) by which i can confirm my pisces feet problems and overall health. After checkup tests i spoke with doctor explaining all my symptoms.

She told me like dis "I doubt it was H pylori bacteria" not to worry. Lets have a breath test next week as we will be having all the reports
of annual checkup too. we can come to conclusion.she told me to avoid bismuth and some other medicines until test.

Then I started googling about H Pylori(which i have never heard in my life) and my symptoms were 100% matching then i got fixed that i have h pylori. Started looking for natural remedies.
Immediately bought some
Manuka honey
Cranberry juice
broccoli sprouts
garlic

after some more research (2 more days). I bought
Mastic gum
DGL Licorice

After having manuka honey i felt some relief, i continued taking broccoli sprouts,garlic, cranberry juice but i haven't felt any major changes to my condition(i assume natural remedies will take time).Went for reports following week, reports were absolutely fine and gave breath test.
Meanwhile my mastic gum, DGL arrived. Took 2 pills of mastic gum early morning on empty stomach (there comes the magic) i felt so much relief and after 3 days i became normal. However Judgement day was arrived and as predicted doctor said it is because of the common and H pylori positive.

Doctor gave prescription for 10 days
Tetracycline 4 times
metronidazole 4 times
omeparazole 2 times
pepto bismol 4 times

I stopped natual remedies and started taking medication from next day, on the first day felt uneasy but from second day i started coming to normal again. Just now completed my 9th day, i feel i was completely normal (eating everything). Among 9 days except bismuth i took everything on time (i used to take bismuth only 2 times some days)

I had followup breath test on 18th nov 2019. But i will move it to end of the month and will update my result here.

But i will continue the below natural remedies for 2 more months
mastic gum
dgl
saurkraut
cabbage juice
manuka honey
garlic
kefir

Finally thanks for all the contributors to dis great forum, i used to read your stories and relate myself.
Thanks to my doctor who predicted it early(as i read in so many stories that it took years for them to figure out whats happening)
Will people get normal with first phase of medication? what are chances of reinfection?
Thanks
That's awesome that your UBT came back negative! I know how nerve-wracking that can be.
I had a similar experience and was so relieved when my results were good too. Ever since, I've been focusing more on my health.
I started going to the gym regularly to stay in shape. Even now during the winter months, I'm trying to keep up with my workouts. Taking care of yourself after a scare like that is so important.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”