Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Diagnosed with h pylori

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico123

Re: Diagnosed with h pylori

Post by Helico123 »

Hi Helico_expert

I have so much pain these days and it seems that nothing has changed even after H pylori eradication. I read in different posts you mentioned that for some people it could takes years to get recover. I do wonder how long it will take for someone having gastritis and intestinal metaplasia to get a bit better? Could it be permanent damage that affected person could just manage symptoms for a few days? I feel that I would never get back to my normal condition and the only things that I can do is to manage mild pain for few days and to expect a severe flare-up again.

From your experience with your audiences here in this forum, is sever gastritis due to h pylori a chronic condition lasting for the rest of life?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

most people would recover or at least improve in symptoms after HP eradication.

some patients also mention that the symptoms come back in "episodes", and the "episodes" happened less and less frequent after HP eradication.

It is inevitable that HP may leave some permanent "scarring" if it is not treated early.

Perhaps you should go back to your doctor and see if there is other tests, eg. Ultrasound, that can be done.

Helico123

Post by Helico123 »

Do you mean ultrasound for stomach or other abdominal organs?
I already did an upper abdominal ultrasound before endoscopy and everything ( liver, gallbladder) was normal.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea, i meant the ultrasound of the upper GI.

if you have done all the checks and everything is ok, then you should be alright. Just have to wait for your stomach to heal.

Helico123

Post by Helico123 »

Hi,

I am just wondering what urea breast test score of 2 means If the cut-off score be 50?

My score is 2 after treatment while my partner’s score who never diagnosed with h pylori was 1.

Does the score of 2 mean that all bacteria have been successfully eradicated?

Thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I assume you are using C13 breath test.
usually C13 has the cut off set at 4%.

2% is low and any value lower than that is most probably true.

Helico123

Post by Helico123 »

I don't know whether it is c13 or c14, but my gp said my DPM was 2 and the cut off is 50. Is that the value you are considering for negative or is 2% different score?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I see, dpm is the unit used for C14. and 50 is the common cut off.

so 2 is very very low. I would say the result is very trustworthy.

Helico123

Post by Helico123 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:25 pm
I see, dpm is the unit used for C14. and 50 is the common cut off.

so 2 is very very low. I would say the result is very trustworthy.
Thank you so much

Helico123

Post by Helico123 »

Hi,
It has been a year now which I am struggling with stomach pain. After 6 months of taking PPI, I still suffer from episodic stomach pain, happening like a cycle which lasts a couple of days. I just finished my last prescription as my GP asked to take PPI for 6 months (my h pylori had successfully eradicated before taking ppl) and because I did not see any improvement in my condition, I probably not going to take any more.

I have confusion about PPI and stomach acid level in general. HP may cause stomach ulcer in some people, while it just makes inflammation ( further possible intestinal metaplasia and atrophy) in other patients.
If I understood right, in those infected by H pylori, the more acidic environment of the stomach, the more chance of getting ulcer than inflammation and unusual stomach cell changes.

Also, helico-expert mentioned in one of the thread in this forum, in those infected with h pylori, getting a stomach ulcer is a factor reducing the risk of developing stomach cancer later compared to those who do not get ulcer but get inflammation and subsequently IM.

With all the above explanation, I can conclude that in patient with history of h pylori infection who never had ulcer but got inflammation and IM, their stomach environment generally is not as acidic as those developing ulcer and hence they might not need PPI from beginning at all.

My case is a good example I guess. I have never had reflux issue before I diagnosed with h pylori and I think my low acidic stomach environment was a factor leading to IM and atrophy but not an ulcer.

So my question is why H pylori cause inflammation in some patients and ulcer in others?

Can we conclude that the acid secretion level of the stomach in different people is not the same and those with lower acid secretion have higher chance of getting IM than ulcer?

And I still have confusion after all explanation about h pylori that what is the ideal stomach condition for h pylori survival? The more acidic or less acidic?

Thanks

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”