Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

PLEASE HELP ME :- TWO TIMES HPYLORI ERADICATION THERAPY FAILED(TRIPLE AND QUADRAPLE therapy)

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

rammoorthy

PLEASE HELP ME :- TWO TIMES HPYLORI ERADICATION THERAPY FAILED(TRIPLE AND QUADRAPLE therapy)

Post by rammoorthy »

Hi Sir,

This is Rammoorthy Raju from India currently residing in Sydney.

I was suffering from gastric issue from past 4 to 5 years finally found HPylori infection in 22nd Dec2018.

• 22nd Dec :- HPylori +ve ,Then my doctor prescribed triple therapy with HP Kit(Omeprazole (20mg) + Tinidazole (500mg) + Amoxycillin (750mg)) for 14 days.
• 5th Jan :- Weakly positive , so used PANTACID HP kit(Clarithromycin 500 MG+Pantoprazole 40 MG+Amoxicillin 750 MG) for 7 days.
• From then used rabeprazole 40mg for 2 months .
• 20th Mar :- After 2months again found HPylori positive this time my doctor prescribed quadruple therapy with
morning :- bismuth 120mg,amoxillin 1g ,Esomeprazole 40 MG
night :- bismuth 120mg,amoxillin 1g ,levofloxacin 500mg,Esomeprazole 40 MG for 14 days.
• From 2nd April used PAN 40 nearly 2months.

On Jun 10, I came to Sydney after 2 week again feeling same symptoms used rabeprazole 20 mg but no relief then consulted GP and done Breath test again found HPylori Positive. Now I am helpless.

In internet I saw this bacteria in long term may cause ulcers and having seven fold risk to gastric cancer and also worried about bacteria resistance.

I am really worried about this infection , I am really depressed and not able to sleep, eat and work properly. Sometimes feeling to leave this world.

Please help me in finding the right medication..

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE HELP ME :- TWO TIMES HPYLORI ERADICATION THERAPY FAILED(TRIPLE AND QUADRAPLE therapy)

Post by Helico_expert »

thank you for sharing the detail record of your treatment.
I think you can talk to your doctor about having an endoscopy for biopsy and bacterial culture done. Get the antibiotic sensitivity report and prescribe with the right antibiotics.

rammoorthy

Re: PLEASE HELP ME :- TWO TIMES HPYLORI ERADICATION THERAPY FAILED(TRIPLE AND QUADRAPLE therapy)

Post by rammoorthy »

1.What is the eradication rate of antibiotic treatment based on bacterial culture?
2.in latest UBTfound 590 DPMS. is it highly positive or just positive?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

in our clinic, we have 90% cure rate based on bacterial culture.

In australia, i believe the cut off is 200. so 590 dpm is positive. we have seen thousands.

rammoorthy

Post by rammoorthy »

1. can not we eradicate 590 DPM with normal triple therapy or quadraple therapy which I was used earlier ?

2. lower immunity power can decrease the efficiency of triple and quadraple therapy?

3. Can you guess why my triple and quadraple therapies failed?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the DPM has no clinical significance. We only use it to estimate how true is your breath test result. The higher the value, the more accurate it is.

there is no easy way to measure "power" of immunity. It's a good concept though

treatment fail mainly due to bad luck. The bacteria evolved and become resistant to the antibiotics before they get killed.

rammoorthy

Post by rammoorthy »

I am going for endoscopy for culture on Monday.
1.Do we have any one in this forum who had successfully eradicated after culture
2.Can I use more yogurt to calm down the burning sensation while on treatment
3. I have consulted another gastroenterologists for second opinion. He suggested below combination and said it get worked for most of the people.
Omeprazole 20mg bd
Tetracycline 250mg qid
Flagyl 400mg 1/2 wpc
Denol tab
What is the eradication rate for above combination?
4.shoud I go for culture or above combination one more?
5.in triple therapy I already used tinidazole ..again metronidazole will give any impact ?
6. In above post you told that culture based antibiotics have 90% eradication rate..what is restricting us to reach remain 10%?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

this is a good combination with very high cure rate. You can probably try this before endoscopy.

this combination can overcome metronidazole resistance.

the remaining 10% that failed, we would give another quadruple therapy and would get another 90% cure rate.

rammoorthy

Post by rammoorthy »

Today I have endoscopy for culture..
But after endoscopy feeling body pains and fever.is it due to anastesia?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

probably not. You should speak to your gastroenterologist.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”