Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Biopsy report

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Poire

Re: Biopsy report

Post by Poire »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am
not sure about the cocoid form.
histology is only examining a very very small part of your stomach.
the good news is that endoscopy did not see any abnormality. So the chance of healing is high.

maybe you need breath/stool test to confirm if you still have H. pylori.
I know, but if histology in this particular case shows gastritis without activity with biopsy samples taken from 4 different places then we can assume that my chronic gastritis is truly inactive.

Endoscopy view shows no changes in fundus, corpus and antrum.

P.S. I didn"t take any PPI, H2 or antacid at least 1.5 month before endoscopy. Is this enough to give the real picture during endoscopy and histology?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

As said, histology is over 90% accurate.
If you want, you can always get another type of test to double confirm.

Poire

Post by Poire »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am
As said, histology is over 90% accurate.
If you want, you can always get another type of test to double confirm.
I really need your advice about this one. As I said, the histological evaluation after my biopsy has detected H.Pylori in low density. My doctor said there's no need for antibiotics, he prescribed to me PPI for 1 month. I took medicine only 10 days and discontinued it because I didn't have severe symptoms. After 20 days I did stool and blood test and both came back negative. Both tests are rapid tests based on immunochromatographic assay. Are these tests accurate?

I don't know how it's possible that histology has detected the bug but again my stool and blood test came back negative. Is it possible to have an active infection without detectable H.pylori antibodies?

Assuming that histology report is correct and I'm really H.pylori positive it is weird that my immune system doesn't fight back to get rid of the bug since there's no neutrophils in biopsy samples and no detectable antibodies in blood test. What a mess!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

very suspicious.
It is possible that PPI alone get rid of H. pylori. But the chance is very very low.

Blood test should be very accurate in detecting exposure to H. pylori. Your body will have antibody against H. pylori for months or years.
Given that your blood test is negative, I would assume your histology is "wrong".

Perhaps your doctor knew the truth and is just trying to explain to you in plain language.

Poire

Post by Poire »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:08 am
very suspicious.
It is possible that PPI alone get rid of H. pylori. But the chance is very very low.

Blood test should be very accurate in detecting exposure to H. pylori. Your body will have antibody against H. pylori for months or years.
Given that your blood test is negative, I would assume your histology is "wrong".

Perhaps your doctor knew the truth and is just trying to explain to you in plain language.
Could it be the case where a person infected with H.Pylori doesn't develop antibodies?

Maybe I should do another stool test in two weeks. I gain 9 pounds during last month.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Could it be the case where a person infected with H.Pylori doesn't develop antibodies?
This is a fantastic question! As a researcher, I really want to have this strain in my collection. However, only symptomatic people seek medical help. So they are symptomatic because of inflammation or other damage done by H. pylori. Therefore, the currently textbook suggest that all H. pylori causes inflammation.

it's good news that you have gain weight. Usually people who successfully eradicated H. pylori has better appetite and can gain weight.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”