Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Stool test

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

AMERC

Re: Stool test

Post by AMERC »

Yes. Much improved

I am taking some sleeping tablets to help sleep at night.
This should not interfere with the stool test. Would it?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's good to know that your symptoms have improved.

The stool test is relying on the actual bacterial load. Sleeping will not affect the bacterial quantity. So it's ok.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico_expert

My symptoms have improved significantly over the last 4 weeks despite being off omeprazole for last 20 days. However in the last couple of days a bit of acid reflux has come back again (basically feeling of something stuck in the throat) which had gone away completely.

My triple therapy treatment ended on 12 January 21. So its been just over 2 months.

Is it normal to have acid reflux symptoms come back so soon. Does that mean bacteria may not have completely cleared? I have today submitted my stool sample for test. Hoping for the best.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you are probably experiencing "episodes".
some people have it once a while.

most importantly is to make sure you are free of H. pylori. Then frequency of these "episodes" will gradually subside.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Is it correct that antibiotics treatment needs to clear 100% of the bacteria otherwise even with 0.1% remaining it will multiply and symptoms could return?

People who are free of h pylori after treatment do they get mild symptoms again after a period of calmness and no symptoms

I have been having a bit a acid reflux and some burning feeling again in the stomach after a good 3 weeks of no symptoms

Can someone develop dyspepsia because of damage done by h pylori ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yes, even if there is one H. pylori cell left, it can grow back in numbers. So it has to be eradicated 100% to have complete cure.

H. pylori causes inflammation in the stomach. When H. pylori is eradicated, the inflammation cells sometimes takes a while to retreat. They just hang on around to make sure there is no more invaders. So the symptoms can persist until the inflammations are gone.

also, the stomach is trying to adjust back to normal. So you will experience some "episodes".

Yes. some damages can be permanent and the dyspepsia symptoms can be forever.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

The helicobacter stool test results have come back negative. Hopefully this is a true negative because I was off omeprazole for 19 days before taking the test.

Since the acidity symptoms are reoccurring particularly an hour or so after eating i am having doubts if the bacteria has truly gone.

At the moment managing it with Gaviscon. Very reluctant to go back on omeprazole since it takes at least a week to work and then weaning off is another problem. Should I take Famotidine 40mg instead occasionally? I understand it is not as addictive as ppi

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You can continue to manage your symptoms with gaviscon or famotidine or PPI.
They are not addictive. But they work differently.

some people take them for decades. So they are pretty safe.

take whichever you think that most help you with your condition.

Brownchikano

Post by Brownchikano »

AMERC wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:12 am
The helicobacter stool test results have come back negative. Hopefully this is a true negative because I was off omeprazole for 19 days before taking the test.

Since the acidity symptoms are reoccurring particularly an hour or so after eating i am having doubts if the bacteria has truly gone.

At the moment managing it with Gaviscon. Very reluctant to go back on omeprazole since it takes at least a week to work and then weaning off is another problem. Should I take Famotidine 40mg instead occasionally? I understand it is not as addictive as ppi

Maybe do another stool/breath test?

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:16 am
Yes, even if there is one H. pylori cell left, it can grow back in numbers. So it has to be eradicated 100% to have complete cure.

H. pylori causes inflammation in the stomach. When H. pylori is eradicated, the inflammation cells sometimes takes a while to retreat. They just hang on around to make sure there is no more invaders. So the symptoms can persist until the inflammations are gone.

also, the stomach is trying to adjust back to normal. So you will experience some "episodes".

Yes. some damages can be permanent and the dyspepsia symptoms can be forever.
Hi Helico_expert,

Just a question, when you say "if there is one h pylori it can grow back in numbers". In my case I did tested negative 13 dpm last month. Does it mean that there are 13 hpylori in my system and they can spread again? It may look like a silly question but I just wanted to understand the true sense of being negative.

Appreciate your insights to it.

Thanks

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”