Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

RUT: positive or negative?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Sajal

Re: RUT: positive or negative?

Post by Sajal »

"Resistance to ppis"—I haven't heard about it. Does it mean that esomeprazole won't suppress acid secretion? As far as I know, esomeprazole very well work for me as far as suppressing stomach acid is concerned like any other ppis. Also, I have used rabeprazol(20mg tid) in my last round of abx(rifabutin+amoxicillin) but in vain.

I understand that ppis plays a vital role as strong inhibition of gastric acid secretion is crucial for h pylori eradication. Thing is, I have only tried second generation ppis i.e., rabeprazol and esomeprazole in all my eradication regimens so far. Should I try a first generation ppis such as Omeprazole, lansoprazole etc. this time?

I am aware that increasing the dose and number of pills of ppis improves the eradication rate though not significantly. What ppis should I try this time and what would be its 'very high dose'?

Also, I was wondering if 750mg amoxicillin qid would serve the purpose because in my last abx I have had used1g of amoxicillin tid ? Should I increase it to 1g qid this time?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you feel well after esomeprazole, then it's ok.
perhaps you should try find out if there is someone that can do antibiotic sensitivity testing? perhaps some of the medications that you have used before can be reused.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Unfortunately, in India antibiotics susceptibility test is not available. I guess I have try on my own.

What about the question I raised regarding the ppis in the last post?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you should avoid omeprazole.

stick to either esomeprazole or rabeprazole.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Will esomeprazole 20 mg qid be able to reach the required ph in stomach for amoxicillin to work?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Good question. I have not actually measure it myself. So I dont know. But 20mg is definitely a very high dose used in some studies.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Here I am again with the same question: what abx should I try this time. Have had 4 round of abx–
-:(amox+clarithro+ppis)
-:(metro+tetra+amox+bismuth+ppis)
:-(amox+rifabutin+bismuth+ppis)
:-(amox750mg qid+bismuth+ esomeprazole 20mg qid)

The only antibiotic that I haven't tried and which is available in my country is levofloxacin. I want the best possible combination this time as I would left with no options after that. Thing is, I have used Amoxicillin every time in my previous abx therapies; I am suspicious that It doesn't work for me. Can I try levofloxacin with tetracycline this time? I have tried tetracycline once. What is the possibility of acquired resistance of tetracycline?

I cannot live with this bug. It is ruining my entire life. This is the most precious time of my life.

There is no antibiotic susceptibility test is available here in India. What can I do here? I am confused between amoxicillin and tetracycline.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You can try rabeprazole 20mg TID

rabeprazole is probably a better PPI than others.

you can continue bismuth and amoxicillin as it's very hard for HP to become resistant to them.
you can also have levofloxacin if you can get hold of it.

so

Rabeprazole 20mg TID
bismuth 240mg QID
amoxicillin 1000mg TID
levofloxacin 250mg BID

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

After completing my 5th round of treatment couple of months ago I am still not feeling fine. Have used Amoxicillin, Metronidazole, Tetracycline, Levofloxacin, Rifabutin. Furazolidone is not available in my country.
I am willing to get back to my normal life. I was wondering if Helico expert could guide me to any place here in India where sensitivity testing is performed.
I have no other options left except for living my life with this awful condition.
Please helico expert. I will be grateful.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I'll email you my contact.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”