Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

LeslieAJ

Re: GI MAP

Post by LeslieAJ »

I also had a GI MAP done that showed positive hpylori, Virulence Factor dupA, and showed negative resistance to Clarithromycin. Level 3.5e2 vs normal of less than 1.03e3. I had treated it with natural treatments back over the summer and had had it 8 years earlier. This test interested me because I was left with healing ulcers I believe and food sensitivities. I was getting better but not there. I also recently realized I have a history of this on my mother's side of the family, a cousin and my grandmother. My brother currently having issues. My husband takes acid blockers 24-7 for a hiatal hernia and does not want to get tested because he does not want to go off acid blockers. So I am not sure if I had it and it was just low enough to not be detected, my husband re-infected me or if this test is accurate. My symptoms have slowly gotten worse so I believe I have it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

How long ago did you take the treatment? if it's more than 3 years, then you can do blood test to find out if you are reinfected with H. pylori.

Blood test is normally very sensitive. A negative blood result is normally always true. However, a positive result could due to previous exposure. Hence, if you got a positive result, you should get a 2nd confirmation test. eg. stool test or breath test.

schism

Post by schism »

So I had diarrhea the last 4 days and went into the walk in clinic and asked to be tested for C diff. The results are back and I do indeed have c diff. It’s been 3 months since pylera....

They prescribed me vancomycin.

Super frustrated.

Mottzo

Post by Mottzo »

Hi I’m interested in all this as I too have a GI map with +ve pylori - higher levels than the initial poster here BUT my breath test was negative so my Dr won’t treat. I’m going the natural route but am a little comforted in the fact that the GI map was backed up in this case by a + biopsy. I am 100% symptomatic for pylori..... something must be causing my nausea and tired Lic ....I was 100% fine then boom!!!

Anyone else had a +ve GI MAP then _ve breath?
Thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

indeed. I would think breath test will be more accurate than GI Map. were you taking any medication 2 weeks before breath test?

Mottzo

Post by Mottzo »

No - the odd Zantac but that’s it......but from my understanding this test checks for DNA so at some point I must have had it ?

It may now have passed through - would my stomach take a Long time to heal once it has cleared? Or does it all calm down again pretty quickly?

Thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Zantac should be fine for breath test. However, it's probably good to know how negative is negative. Sometimes, we get patients with borderline negative, we would ask the patient to test again in a couple of days.

The DNA test can be oversensitive. So it's not a recommended test in the guideline.

After the treatment, you'll need to repeat the diagnostic test to find out if you still have HP. Given that your breath test is not very accurate, do you have access to stool test?

The recovery is very subjective. It depends on the damage done. Hopefully you'll recover as soon as possible.

Mottzo

Post by Mottzo »

Hi thanks - appreciate the advice - I’ll do the overall protocol which is good for gut heath anyway and removing parasites and retest.

I will be so pleased to stop the gnawing pain and constant nausea!!

adc

Post by adc »

Hello, sorry to hijack this older thread. I'm wondering if this new GI MAP test has much better sensitivity than a regular stool test, when on ppi. I'm finding it really hard to come off ppi meds, to be able to get a reliable stool test done. Recent stool and blood tests i've done are all negative now, but i did have a positive stool test 6-7 months ago. Most doctors in my area say that any HP test is invalid when taking ppis.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Negative blood test is almost always true.
I wonder how positive is your stool test. It's likely a false positive if you really have a negative blood test.

GI Map is frequently being discussed here in this forum. I believe it's a DNA based test. I have not used the test myself, but I would expect high false positive and false negative rate.

you can switch your PPI to ranitidine for two weeks. Then two to three weeks later, stop ranitidine the night before breath test. Ranitidine doesnt stay in your body for long and so it wont affect the breath test.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”