Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

New here, any help would be appreciated

After first line treatment, various "second line" treatments can be used. The policy for H.pylori is: Make sure the infection is real (breath test for follow-up). Always give a high dose of PPI (acid blocker) when using amoxicillin. In the second treatment, give a different drug in place of clarithromycin.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Hpuk

New here, any help would be appreciated

Post by Hpuk »

I'm literally at my wits end. So about 3 years ago I started having breathing problems. Like really bad. So bad that I couldn't sleep ended up with polyps in my nose sinusitis and had to have an endoscopic surgery for it. Doctors could not figure it, kept telling me I had allergies and asthma. One even said I had anxiety! I knew it was linked to foods esp sugar as I couldn't breathe after I had it. Anyways one day I tried fish oils containing loenic acid, probiotics and grapefruit seed extract. Each one gave me this crazy feeling like I had taken drugs. I know discovered it was die off or herximier reaction. I knew from then on it was some sort of bacteria but didn't know which one. I begged GPs to test me and when I suggested candida they laughed at me. Eventually came across h pylori and one doc agreed to test me. Fast forward to this year June I tested positive and was given amoxicillan, Clariythomycin and 20mg omeprazole per day for 7 days. Didn't work tested positive again had to wait 6 weeks for retest. I tried pepto bismo in between and a few other supplements (spent hundreds of pounds including mastic gum, manuka, sulpraphane, aloe Vera, etc. Etc). I'm now on day 4 of a second round of antibiotics but this time Clariythomycin replaced with metronidazole. I have such bad inflammation especially of the Airways and don't know what to do anymore. I feel like it's not working still and don't see no end in sight. I have kids, mortgages, good job and see things sliding away cos of this small bacteria ruining my life. Any success stories and any supplements to try maybe after antibiotics might be worth a help.

Nmcormick066

Re: New here, any help would be appreciated

Post by Nmcormick066 »

Unfortunately I can’t give you any success stories but your two treatments were the same as my first two and I tried all those other supplements which just were a waste of time and money!! I was then put on a third round which lasted two weeks, had stronger ppi and stronger amoxicillin but 3 weeks after treatment my reflux is just getting worse again. Totally feel your pain, it’s not easy!!!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

what do you think of the acid problem? you can ask for stronger PPI if omeprazole doesnt work very well.

For the treatment to be successful, complete acid blockade is very important.

good luck to your current treatment.

Nmcormick066

Post by Nmcormick066 »

I’m currently on 60mg of esompezole and still the reflux is a problem. To be honest that’s the main side effect I have always had. Always into the back of my throat, not so much my chest. More symptomatic of silent reflux I would have said. What medication would give you total acid blockage?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

maybe esomeprazole is not working for you. perhaps you can try rabeprazole 20mg three times a day?

Hpuk

Post by Hpuk »

I haven't had any reflux issues whatsoever. Just inflammation of stomach and Airways from possible h pylori damage. I'm worried it could be permanent as I was undiagnosed for 3 years. Also helico_expert do you think it might not be working as omeprazole is not right for me or its not strong enough? What other good ppis are there to try? Also I'm wondering perhaps I have a really bad strain as it seems to be really hard to shift. I will bring it up with GP when I retest in 6 weeks.

Once again thanks for helping us out, there's a lot of people suffering from this little critter and we really appreciate the time and effort from all.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you had to take PPI to control your acid, make sure you discuss with your doctor about switching to famotidine or any other H2 blocker at least 2 weeks before the testing.

PPI can lead to false negative H. pylori diagnosis. H2 blockers are fine.

After that, we can experiment on different PPI until you find the one that suit you best. Perhaps you can give rabeprazole a try.

vivekr64

Post by vivekr64 »

My 2 cents and i am not a doctor. However i have had H PYLORI for the better part of 10 years and have had to live with it for better or for worse, since it is not letting go of me

some ideas below;

1. H pylori - is tenacious, we may have to live with it
2. probiotics help there are 2-3 brands you can buy./ Probiotics build up the mucosal layer and compete with h pylori for resources in the stomach. Hence reducing its negative impact.
3. Eat Saurkraut and drink Chinese tea, both have significant positive impact on you microbiome and help reduce the searing damage the hpylori may cause on your stomach. There has been much research done to substantiate this.

Let me know if this helps

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Since H. pylori can cause inflammation.
the accumulative damage from the daily inflammation in the stomach will only make the stomach condition worse.
The earlier you stop the inflammation, the less chance of leaving permanent damage.

There are many papers out there that show that eradicating H. pylori can reduce risk of gastric cancer.
this is one of them from Hong Kong where they surveyed more than 70K people. But of course, that's apply to Eastern Asian population. The host genetic, the H. pylori type, diet and environment may be different to you.
https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S ... 0322-6/pdf

So, I wouldnt recommend co-exist with H. pylori.

vikiedavie

Post by vikiedavie »

Hi, I am a business analyst from Sloboda Studio and I am a new here from 2022. But problem is still takes place. :roll:

Return to “Ideas for Resistant H.pylori Infections”