Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Multiple treatments

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Multiple treatments

Post by Helico_expert »

There's nothing to heal because your stomach lining is intact and healthy. Mild chronic gastritis is just pathological finding when in fact nothing is wrong with your stomach during visual endoscopy. Your symptoms are not because of chronic mild gastritis for sure.
I agree.
All you can do is try out different probiotics or herbs. Hopefully, you'll find something that ease your symptoms.
Maybe an endoscopy every few years to monitor the recovery.

Lastly, mental stress can sometimes leads to unexpected gastritis.
there was an interesting experiment in the past, where the scientist continuously dip the mouse into water for hours everyday for months.
the batch of mouse eventually all developed severe gastritis.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

I dont think I agree.

The doctor did see mild gastritis in endoscopy which was confirmed by the pathology.

Isn't gastritis an inflammation of the stomach lining? If this inflammation is not causing what else could be causing the symptoms..

The strange thing is I could go for days or couple of weeks with no symptoms but something I ate or was bit stress and I get flare ups which then lasts for days before calming.

Currently on pantoprazole 20mg a day in the morning

Surely there must be medication to heal stomach inflammation.

Loribert

Post by Loribert »

Hello

I just wanted to let you know that after my triple treatment for HP it took a very long time to heal . Many times I was convinced that I still had it and in fact went back and had repeat stool tests in fast succession and from different labs to double check accuracy. They were all negative. but I, like you, went through periods of feeling completely great and normal and then woke up feeling nauseous and awful again. This bug messes with your mind and I can only imagine the stress for you having discovered that you had it back again .

I had many symptoms, from heart palpitations to sore tongue and irregular stools, I also developed tinnitus in one ear and my tongue was coated white, which is the last symptom left now .

I changed my diet to Low FODMAP and stopped all meds . I made homemade live yoghurt and ate a small bowl every day. Then suddenly, one day I realised i hadn’t had symptoms for quite a while and the gaps between symptoms became longer and longer and eventually they went. I also consulted and did stool tests with a company called Health path, they are online, they are based in the Uk but do top quality stool analysis which is sent to a German lab . It gives you complete analysis of you stool sample including all markers for inflammation and bacteria report , in fact they were the people who first found my HP. They also tell you what you need to do to sort out issues with negative results.

I hope this all helps a little, and may go some way to help you on your journey with this dreadful bug .

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Thanks. That's very helpful

When you say very long time to heal - how long was it ?

Do still get any symptoms ? What do you think night have made the difference ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Isn't gastritis an inflammation of the stomach lining? If this inflammation is not causing what else could be causing the symptoms..
I suspect some degree of "autoimmune" disease. But this is yet to be proven.

Loribert

Post by Loribert »

Hello Again

Well I would say that the worst period was 3 months, post treatment, but then I probably had residual symptoms for at least 9 months post treatment. It was so very random and I could go for a week and feel nothing, then suddenly get awful nausea or burning tongue .

I am still left with tinnitus in one ear and a white coated tongue a year later !

For me, the worst symptom was the nausea, somehow I couldn’t ignore that as it just ruined my day and made me very anxious. I do also believe that anxiety is a strong component of HP, whether that is a true symptom or an associated effect is hard to know .

The Low FODMAP definitely helped alot , and I stayed on it for at least 3 months, then started introducing more variety, especially of vegetables . I do believe that getting your stomach microbiome healing as fast as possible is very important. Feed your stomach with plenty of vegetables, raw and cooked , encourage the good bacteria to proliferate with a whole, rich diet . If you can eat some live yoghurt, kefir or kimchi at least 3 times a week, even in small portions you will encourage the helpful bacteria to flourish and get some balance back in your stomach, which in turn reduces inflammation. Avoid sugar it promotes inflammation.

I am afraid for me there was no magic spell that transformed me after the triple therapy, but it did just slowly improve month by month, and maybe something that was tied into my microbiome finally healing too . But I would strongly recommend testing yourself regularly if you continue to experience symptoms……it’s a good way of eliminating any anxiety if the test keeps coming back negative, then you can just focus on healing your stomach naturally.

Hope this helps .

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”