Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Antibody test

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

photon

Re: Antibody test

Post by photon »

AMERC wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:51 pm
The histology report said "mild chronic gastritis associated with occasional helicobacter organism on the surface"

Given my acidity symptoms and evidence of helicobacter on the surface I assume that it must be active

Another strange think in my case is that in the first endoscopy in October 2020 helicobacter was found but no gastritis. Now both have been found which probably explains to some extent the probable cause of my symptoms
Reinfection may be a possibility. I think very few ppl are prone to reinfection and even fewer are extremely sensitive to reinfection. Did you have the endoscopy after you've done all those blood tests and h pylori tests?

I can usually tell when I get reinfection from h pylori. Diarrhea sometimes during the first day...but usually stomach burning the next day which subsides after a few days thus becoming a chronic thing. As of now, I can tell im h pylori free, finished 14-day triple therapy and feeling great, little if no reflux, can sing and eat a lot more stuff without stomach burning and so on. Other issues have improved as well. No longer have lactose intolerance but it's going to take a few months to fully recover I believe.

Today a friend came to visit he leaned over me to show me a message to his phone and was speaking in my face right when I was eating..I take ZERO chances. Grabbed coconut oil and took antibiotics....I dont think you have to go that extreme but you can see how easy it is for me to get reinfection (2021 reinfection my uncle took my toothbrush...I used it without knowing...next few days...u can guess what happened). It may be due to a low state of acid...you need a really good stomach with lots of acids to be more resistant to h pylori.

This is all theory of course. I would just be extremely careful of contact with people and utensils.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi

Yes I had all those negative tests before the endoscopy last month

Since the first infection in June 2020 and subsequent 2 separate 7 days triple therapy treatment I had a few months of relative calmness but never been truly free of acid reflux symptoms. Of late the pain and discomfort had increased a lot so got the second endoscopy done which fond h pylori organism on the surface of the sample taken for biopsy. . So I am not sure if I was ever fully free of h pylori.

I looks like.the bug was always there. Hopefully this time the 14 day triple therapy Treatment will kill it completely

photon

Post by photon »

Well Im h pylori free now and still have symptoms so its normal to have symptoms after eradicating the bacteria. In my case it takes up to 6 months of being h pylori free to get back to normal (no symptoms). Ever since 2014...I could not go 6 months without reinfection until 2017 hit then I had no reinfection until 2020 (no symptoms at all for almost 2.5 years).

I believe h pylori surviging abx treatments its rare especially if you've done several and correctly, it is possible you have been getting reinfected in the past right after you finished abx treatments and you never got 100% better bc you never been h pylori free for several months for the stomach to fully recover.

If you want to really recover, you have to think about the source of infection for you. It may be people close to you, the water, the vegetables (what water they use to irrigate vegetables) street food...who knows? I found out in my case...it was the people in my family and/or the water. Everyone in my family has h pylori, they all complain of symptoms. I moved out but still had reinfections so I figured it was also the water so I completely moved out of that city.

The only times Ive been h pylori free was when I lived in the cpaital of my country (GOOD areas witih high quality water).

I think some people are prone to reinfection especially if they have a low acid stomach. Most are NOT prone to reinfection. What's funny to me is that I never had COVID to this date...yet I had several h pylori reinfections from 2020-2022.

It's just a possibility you may also have a super resistant h pylori. Next treamtn I'd suggest you add kefir to the treatment and broccoli sprouts, and lots of other stuff that have shown on paper to kill h pylori (bismuth , coconut oil) to maximize your chances.

Im free of h pylori now like I said and it's only worked bc I'm living alone away from that water contaminated city.

photon

Post by photon »

Forgot to add...after you've confirmed h pylori eradication. You may want to take preventive measure to prevent reinfection...maybe eat yogurt daily (its shown to POSSIBLY protect against h pylori reinfection) and vitamin D daily (shown on papers to POSSIBLY have protective properties).

Good luck friend and do not be afraid of this bacteria, once eradicated, things go back to normal. It's one of the few things in the world that are actually 100% curable :D

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Thanks

No one in my family has any symptoms. So I don't think it's in the family.

Infact in the last 2 years I have had 3 stool tests, one breath test and an antibodies blood test all negative for h pylori but given the symptoms I had second endoscopy done last month with found mild chronic gastritis associated with occasional helicobacter on the surface.

If the third 14 days antibiotics plus ppi treatment dose not work I am not sure what will

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi photon

How did you find out that you were h pylori free and how did you also find out that you were reinfected. What were and are your symptoms?

HelicoExpert - do you need to have a particular bacterial load in the stomach to have a positive breath or stool test? I mean could it be that my bacterial load is so small that both stool and breath tests were negative but histology saw the actual bacteria (Assuming that the pathologist knew what it was)

Despite the negative blood test, Stool test and breath tests given my on and off gastric symptoms plus evidence of mild chronic gastritis that too in the antral area and visibility of occasional helicobacter in the tissue sample suggests that it is still in my system

I have completed my 14 days triple therapy course today but not feeling much different. In my case the doctor say endoscopy is the only way to confirm complete eradication

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”