Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

5 days in triple therapy treatment and developing new symptoms

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Ohkool

5 days in triple therapy treatment and developing new symptoms

Post by Ohkool »

Hello!
First of all I want to say that this forum has been really helpful with H.Pylori information and thanks in advance for reading my case and questions!
I'm a 34yrs old Petite Female, normally healthy and gymming regularly. It all started back 2 months ago where I suddenly got an anxiety attack (which I never had in my life) while eating out with my friends. I was feeling really weird and out of place and weak and feeling scared and doomed. Pass forward a month later, I had another episode of that and ever since I get really anxious and scared for another attack. I came in and talked to my physician and she prescribed me some busiprone to relax and sleep better and she thinks it was just me having stress build up over time and finally my body just couldn't handle it anymore.
Last week, I woke up feeling weak and was really anxious and scared for no reason again, and started having other symptoms like frequent excessive belching, sometimes I can feel foods and acid going back up to my throat when I burp. My chest felt tight and shortness of breath. No pain anywhere. My Dr did a stool test and I was positive for H.Pylori.
I'm on day 5 of my triple therapy treatment of 2 capsules of Amoxicillin 500mg, 1 capsule of Omeprazole 20mg, 1 tablet of Clarithromycin 500mg--twice a day! I've been reading about other natural stuff I can take to make sure it can help in the process of eradicating H.Pylori.
Other stuff I am taking is : Vitamin D, Probiotic, mastic gum, and manuka honey!
First day on triple therapy treatment I was feeling a little funny like I was having another anxiety attack but it went away quickly. After the second day my chest tightness went away completely BUT started having new and other symptoms. Old symptoms like anxiety, excessive belching are still there. New symptoms are: feeling more gassy and passing a lot of wind (flatulence), light dull pain upper left quadrant and sensitive to touch right below the sternum that doesn't seems to go away (it's not severe so if Im busy doing something I will not even notice it, but of course when I'm free my mind will start thinking about it and feeling it), undigested food in stool and diarrhea started to kick in by day 4 of the treatment, lost appetite and not craving for any foods but I still try to eat as much and healthy as possible, lost 3lbs in the last 9 days and I do feel like maybe because I'm not eating as much and no fats or sugar or anything in my diet, everytime I lay down I can hear my stomach making squishing, gurling, or grumbling noises but I can't hear the noise if Im sitting or standing. I get hunger pangs and do feel better after eating but I can only eat smaller amount as I don't have any appetite. And then I get hungry like an hour or so after so I have to eat like 5-6 small meals a day instead of 2-3 big meals in the past! Spoke to my physician and all she said was go to ER if I feel worse and follow up with her after I finish my 14 days treatment, which is not an answer I expected.
My questions are:
1. Are my symptoms common with H.pylori and triple therapy treatment?
2. Is it possible that my anxiety started suddenly because of H.Pylori?
3. Any of my symptoms is red flag 🚩 and I should be concerned or go to the ER to have it evaluated?
4. My new symptoms developed could be from anxiety and stress?
I feel like when my anxiety is there and I can't sleep, I do feel worse and think of all the worst possible causes like cancer! No family history of cancer but diabetes! I had blood work tested in March and everything came out within normal ranges and no vitamin deficiency either!
Sorry for the long post but I'm done here! I just hate having these anxiety and negative thoughts all day long!

Ohkool

Re: 5 days in triple therapy treatment and developing new symptoms

Post by Ohkool »

Update:
Day 7 on antibiotics (yesterday): I had some beef noodle soup for dinner and immediately feel a slight nausea after eating, 2hrs after meal, as I was watching a movie, sudden weird feeling with heart racing came on and my body started feeling weak and cold and anxious like I was having an anxiety attack, that feeling subtle after like 4-5mins and I started burping excessively and I felt better with the anxiety. However, I kept waking up a few times last night in my sleep with heart race and anxiety feelings but was being able to go back to sleep again because I took some melatonin. I haven't been able to sleep well for a whole week (insomnia) and my anxiety is like sky high all day long and keep thinking about something worse rather than H.pylori. I think my anxiety attacks is what scaring me because I never had them in my life before. Only started like couple months ago.

Symptoms I still have/ don't have: excessive burping especially right after eating, flatulence (maybe a little less), no more abdominal pain, stomach noises when lay down (definitely more subtle today) high anxiety, anxiety attacks episodes with heart racing and feeling scared, feeling restless and difficult sleeping through out the night, lack of appetite, mild diarrhea (I don't have to rush to the bathroom but my stool is yellow/green color, loose and has undigested foods in it), not being able to gain back the weight loss yet, hunger pangs subtle but I do feel weak when stomach empty.

Have anyone else experienced the same symptoms like mine before and during triple therapy treatment? Especially the anxiety attacks and feeling weak and restless at night? 😢 I had been sick snd hospitalized in the past but nothing gave me the anxious feelings and restless nights like this.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

thank you for sharing your story. it will be very helpful to many others who had the same symptoms.

1. I dont think anxiety is related to H. pylori.
2. Your appetite (and nauseous symptoms) may be because of the antibiotics.
3. Your burping symptoms, pain around the stomach, bloating, reflux related symptoms may be improved because of the PPI that you are taking.
4. because PPI reduce your stomach acid, maybe that can contribute to your affected appetite.

I think so far your H. pylori treatment is good. Your side effects from the treatment seems mild. continue until you finish all tablets. make sure you get a follow up test one month after treatment.

I also think that you may have other underlying anxiety problem. You can speak to your doctor about finding out the source of the anxiety. Nevertheless, anxiety can sometimes go away by itself without doing anything. Just stay positive. try not to think too much about it.

Ohkool

Post by Ohkool »

I just finished my triple therapy treatment 2 days ago!
Day 11-14 on treatment: I was able to sleep better at night, less anxiety attacks, less burping, less flatulence, less stomach noises when laying down, feel a little better and more energy.

Day 15th (one day post treatment): I got a bit more appetite and ate more and some fried foods but my stomach and colon got hurt and had watery diarrhea.

Day 16th (2 days post treatment): I'm back to healthy diet and bland foods again but my burping kinda came back especially right after eating and the feeling of tightness around the chest area came back. Not as severe but it's there. However, I do feel more energy and being more like myself today despite the burping and bloated?

Spoke to my doctor and she said she thinks it's me being too anxious and googling symptoms and too focus on the fact that I have H.Pylori that I'm experiencing these symptoms 🙄 which I don't think is the case. She prescribed me extra 2 weeks of Omeprazole and stool test for H.Pylori in 4 weeks! I asked her if triple therapy would cause all of these weird symptoms I have been experiencing for the last 2wks like flatulence, insomnia, bloated, abdominal pain, lack of appetite and weight loss, and anxiety...she said she prescribed these treatment all the time to other patients and none of them really have much side effects like I did, so she thinks it's me being anxious and stressed out.

My questions are:
1. Do you agreed with what my doctor said about my symptoms were more likely because of the anxiety rather than the side effects of H.Pylori and triple therapy?

2. Is it normal to still experiencing diarrhea post treatment after eating a less healthy meal (I wouldn't called it super unhealthy, it's what I normally would eat before and never have a problem, it's just not the bland diet like rice banana toast n non fried foods like the last 2wks on triple therapy)?

3. My burping and bloated came back a little 2 days post treatment, what does it mean?

4. How long after treatment do people normally feel better or back 100% again?

Thank you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

1. Do you agreed with what my doctor said about my symptoms were more likely because of the anxiety rather than the side effects of H.Pylori and triple therapy?
It's probably true. Anxiety can stress people out and lead to gastric symptoms. Just like when you are on stage, you can feel butterfly in your stomach. Or during exam time, you may feel the urge to use the toilet.
2. Is it normal to still experiencing diarrhea post treatment after eating a less healthy meal (I wouldn't called it super unhealthy, it's what I normally would eat before and never have a problem, it's just not the bland diet like rice banana toast n non fried foods like the last 2wks on triple therapy)?
Depending on the severity of the diarrhea. It can be serious if it is C. diff complication. If it is mild, it's probably due to the unbalance gut bacteria. You can try some probiotic to ease the condition.
3. My burping and bloated came back a little 2 days post treatment, what does it mean?
Most of the symptoms are caused by the damage done by the bacteria. The bacteria may be gone, the wound would need time to heal. Therefore it's common to have the symptoms persisted. Since you are still young, I think your chance of having full recovery is high.
4. How long after treatment do people normally feel better or back 100% again?
tough question. It depends what damage was done. some damage can be permanent. Nevertheless, since you are young, I think your full recovery is high.

ronaldo99

Post by ronaldo99 »

You should continue your treatment. It is crucial for eradication and preventing resistance. contexto

bekean

Post by bekean »

There isn't direct evidence to suggest that H. pylori causes anxiety, but there could be a complex interplay between physical symptoms and psychological well-being. It's possible that the initial anxiety episodes were related to watermelon game stress, and the subsequent gastrointestinal symptoms, including H. pylori infection, may have contributed to ongoing anxiety.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”