Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

3 days past eradication therapy

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

CatherineA10

Re: 3 days past eradication therapy

Post by CatherineA10 »

I just wanted to double check currently I still have all my pre antibiotic h plyroi symptoms, and they are even worse to be honest,so am really keen to get tested as can’t move forward without knowing. However up until the day before the test I will be taking an anti fungal nystatin( for oral thrush ), do you know If this will interfere with test? My consultant hasn’t mentioned it being a problem.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

anti-fungal should be fine to take. but just in case, can you tell me the ingredient name of the anti-fungal?

CatherineA10

Post by CatherineA10 »

It is this one

- link removed by admin -

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sorry. I cant open the link. So i have removed your link. can you just give us the name of the anti-fungal?

CatherineA10

Post by CatherineA10 »

Sorry yes it is
Nystatin
- Brand name: Nystan

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori is not susceptible to Nystatin. So it should not affect the breath test.

CatherineA10

Post by CatherineA10 »

Thanks for the reply, at least I know that the test will be a true result next Friday. Not sure if I want a positive or negative. Positive would at least explain all my constant symptoms but then I would have to do more antibiotics and hope they can grow it in the lab for testing before choosing antibiotics to use, but a negative would mean no antibiotics but treatment for my now symptoms which could take months to resolve if they ever fully do. Will keep you updated on the result.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

looking forward to your update.

CatherineA10

Post by CatherineA10 »

I got my result back and it is negative. However my symptoms are worse now then before the treatment. My consultant has reviewed my case and she now thinks the h plyroi was never causing my issue but I had post viral IBS after having covid when the symptoms began. The taking of the antibiotics and other medications obviously upset the stomach more and that is why I am worse now. So I guess it is a bit of a warning that even though h plyroi is found it is not always the reason for the stomach upset and removing it can upset the stomach more. Currently I am on 10mg of nortriptyline and a restricted diet plus probiotics. I just have to hope that over the next month of 2 the stomach settles down and starts to repair itself. Thanks for all your help on here aswell, great source of information.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

make sense. it is true that not all IBS like symptoms are caused by H. pylori. Nevertheless, it is good to have H. pylori eradicated.

Wish you all the best.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”