Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symtomps came back few months after HP eradication

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

huynhminhchu

Symtomps came back few months after HP eradication

Post by huynhminhchu »

Hi, im 22 years old and really need some help now.
I was diagnosed with gastritis and HP+ 8 months ago through endoscopy (mainly symtomp: weight loss, burpings when eating), took a course of antibiotics and few weeks of PPI and i felt much better. But im wasn't completely healed (no more burpings, but really bloating when i wake up in the morning), i was stupid to wean off ppi too early. A few months passed (4 or 5 months) and i felt like my bloating got worse and the burpings came back, this time its more aggressive, i burp all the times all day. So i did the breath test and it was negative (in 2 weeks before i didnt use any meds), the doctor precribed me 2 weeks of PPI and antacids, i felt burpings reduce a lot with antacid (from 10 to 3-4 i guess), but after finish this i felt the burps returned so i went to the hospital again, let me summary the progress:
+ First 4 weeks: 40mg rabeprazole/day + sucrafate, no antacid and i burps all the time, every meal is a pain. I felt too much gas inside and struggle to burp it out all day.
+ Next 4 weeks: switched to 80mg esomeprazole/day, sucrafate, rebamipide. My burpings reduce just a little (from 10 to 8 i guess), some days i felt worse, and few days i felt better (but mostly worse).
+ Next 2 weeks: stopped PPI, pepsane and rebamipide, wait for hp test again. And i noticed that when i stopped ppi i see any difference when i was on esomeprazole.
I did breath test again and it was negative again, now im back on pantoprazole 80mg/day and antacid but i feel my burpings got weird cause antacid doesnt help at all, im so confused. Really don't know what to do, i wanna take an endoscopy but covid has stopped me.
Note: My diet is pretty ok i believe, i try to avoid spicy foods, alocohol,... as my doctor asked me to.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Symtomps came back few months after HP eradication

Post by Helico_expert »

Yup, some patients can develop this burping (or reflux) symptoms after HP eradication. You have done the right thing by trying different combination of PPI and antacid. The good news is that you are free of H. pylori. But the bad news is that you have developed the burping symptom. It is not sure how it happened. Perhaps the esophageal sphincter muscles have been irritated or damaged during the H. pylori infection.

So, try to control your acid by taking the PPI/antacid that you think work best. mutliple dose is better than single dose. Hopefully in time (perhaps in a couple of months), it will heal.

whyredd

Post by whyredd »

huynhminhchu wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:04 pm
I was diagnosed with gastritis and HP+ 8 months ago through endoscopy (mainly symptoms: weight loss, burpings when eating), took a course of antibiotics and few weeks of PPI and i felt much better. But im wasn't completely healed (no more burpings, but really bloating when i wake up in the morning), i was stupid to wean off ppi too early. A few months passed (4 or 5 months) and i felt like my bloating got worse and the burpings came back, this time its more aggressive, i burp all the times all day. So i did the breath test and it was negative (in 2 weeks before i didnt use any meds), the doctor precribed me 2 weeks of PPI and antacids, i felt burpings reduce a lot with antacid (from 10 to 3-4 i guess), but after finish this i felt the burps returned so i went to the hospital again, let me summary the progress:
+ First 4 weeks: 40mg rabeprazole/day + sucrafate, no antacid and i burps all the time, every meal is a pain. I felt too much gas inside and struggle to burp it out all day.
+ Next 4 weeks: switched to 80mg esomeprazole/day, sucrafate, rebamipide. My burpings reduce just a little (from 10 to 8 i guess), some days i felt worse, and few days i felt better (but mostly worse).
+ Next 2 weeks: stopped PPI, pepsane and rebamipide, wait for hp test again. And i noticed that when i stopped ppi i see any difference when i was on esomeprazole.
I did breath test again and it was negative again, now im back on pantoprazole 80mg/day and antacid but i feel my burpings got weird cause antacid doesnt help at all, im so confused. Really don't know what to do, i wanna take an endoscopy but covid has stopped me.
Note: My diet is pretty ok i believe, i try to avoid spicy foods, alocohol,... as my doctor asked me to.
Hi dude, i have some symptoms like yours, im 23 years old, our problem almost same im lost 11 kgs in 4 months, persistent burping, fullness after eating during and after treatment

In my experience, I need 3 months after triple therapy until all symptoms gone, due to damage dealt by h pylori

As helico expert says in this forum
Don't worry, as long as your breath test negative, your gut will be better, it's just needs sometimes to heal, in my experience 3 months,,, during recovery time after therapy do normal eat don't think it too much

huynhminhchu

Post by huynhminhchu »

whyredd wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:20 pm
huynhminhchu wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:04 pm
I was diagnosed with gastritis and HP+ 8 months ago through endoscopy (mainly symptoms: weight loss, burpings when eating), took a course of antibiotics and few weeks of PPI and i felt much better. But im wasn't completely healed (no more burpings, but really bloating when i wake up in the morning), i was stupid to wean off ppi too early. A few months passed (4 or 5 months) and i felt like my bloating got worse and the burpings came back, this time its more aggressive, i burp all the times all day. So i did the breath test and it was negative (in 2 weeks before i didnt use any meds), the doctor precribed me 2 weeks of PPI and antacids, i felt burpings reduce a lot with antacid (from 10 to 3-4 i guess), but after finish this i felt the burps returned so i went to the hospital again, let me summary the progress:
Hi dude, i have some symptoms like yours, im 23 years old, our problem almost same im lost 11 kgs in 4 months, persistent burping, fullness after eating during and after treatment

In my experience, I need 3 months after triple therapy until all symptoms gone, due to damage dealt by h pylori

As helico expert says in this forum
Don't worry, as long as your breath test negative, your gut will be better, it's just needs sometimes to heal, in my experience 3 months,,, during recovery time after therapy do normal eat don't think it too much
I wish i had known this many months ago, i was too stupid to wean off PPI too early. My burpings was gone but now they came back, i really dont know why, and its has been more than 2 months with ppi but i dont feel much improvement

huynhminhchu

Post by huynhminhchu »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm
Yup, some patients can develop this burping (or reflux) symptoms after HP eradication. You have done the right thing by trying different combination of PPI and antacid. The good news is that you are free of H. pylori. But the bad news is that you have developed the burping symptom. It is not sure how it happened. Perhaps the esophageal sphincter muscles have been irritated or damaged during the H. pylori infection.

So, try to control your acid by taking the PPI/antacid that you think work best. mutliple dose is better than single dose. Hopefully in time (perhaps in a couple of months), it will heal.
Actually my burpings was nearly gone after triple therapy and few weeks of PPI. But i wasnt healed (coz i still feel bloating) and few months later they came back, this time its much worse becoz i burp all the times, even when not eating and especially after meal.

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Take Gas X and it will get rid of the burping. I have the same symptoms but I believe I am h pylori positive still after an incomplete treatment.
I'm currently on pepcid and planning to get re tested to confirm.
I get really bad bloating, like my stomach area expands up to 3 inches daily and then contracts different times of the day.
I also feel breathless after I eat, around 15 minutes later. My diaphragm freezes up causing that sensation of not being able to take a full breath.
I can burp for hours after every meal which causes difficulty swallowing because I can feel the acid reflux move up my throat.
I take Gas X aka simethicone which stops all of these symptoms. Contrary to the name, it promotes gas to exit the body by passing gas rather than burping it out. It prevents me from burping and I take a tablet or half chewable tablet after every meal.
Antacids don't relieve trapped gas the way that simethicone can so I highly recommend this. I was only on prilosec 40mg for almost 8 months and it did nothing to stop the burping but a half tablet of gas x after every meal, stops it immediately.
Gaviscon, an over the counter antacid also has simethicone which could be a good alternative. That's my advice and I hope you feel better soon.
If you're into natural remedies, flaxseed meal and ginger tea helps to promote less inflammation and relieve trapped gas too. The natural remedies do not work half as well as simethicone though.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”