Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My Pylori is HARD to detect?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

salomousa

My Pylori is HARD to detect?

Post by salomousa »

Hi guys, I’ll try to be short but I’m having troubles to detect this bacteria in multiple tests.

My digestion is wrecked, but it all started 6-7 years ago when I started to get bad gastritis, lots of burping and reflux, specially with spicy food, general indigestion, then I started to get constipated and bloated.

Atm I thought it was because I was eating so bad, but then I changed my nutrition and symptoms persisted for a long time, until the last 1-2 years, those symptoms have almost dissaparead but I do get them occasionally but now I’m just constipated and I have no digestion whatsoever, I see food in my toilet.

My nutrition has been EXCELLENT this past few years, that’s how I’ve been treating whatever I have because I never knew what I had, then I proceeded to investigate and I did several lab exams.

I did an endoscopy showing chronic active mild gastritis (first red flag for me) pylori negative on this one

Colonoscopy, everything good.

GI MAP showed h.pylori HIGH with 1.9e3 and reference is below 1.0e3 (second red flag) Candida high and opportunistic bacteria high (IMO caused by long term hypochloridia)

Now this is the weird part. I’ve done 2 Antigen stool test, and 1 blood test. I’ve had 1 stool test being positive, other one being negative and blood negative. So overall I’ve gotten 2 positive tests (GI MAP and AG stool test)

My theory is that pylori is still present in my system but in a very low quantity but enough to be causing my hypochloridia (After natural treatment I was taking up to 7 HCL Pills with no improvement) and I think hypochloridia is what’s causing my body to not digest food all this years. So my fear is that how come I’ll know when pylori is not anymore in my system after treatment since I’m getting lots of false negatives?

My mistake was letting this bacteria stay so long in my body and “treating it” with nutrition for years to a level where not even tests can catch it 99% of the time. I’m thinking to have treatment and do a GI MAP since that’s IMO the most sensible exam out there.

It’s important to say that before all this stool tests and blood tests, in the same month I was doing Hulda Clark parasite cleanse (finished it) taking wormwood, cloves and green black walnut hull.

Any advice?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My Pylori is HARD to detect?

Post by Helico_expert »

confusing information.
Active chronic gastritis usually mean presence of H. pylori
Blood test is usually very accurate in detecting history of H. pylori exposure regardless of having H. pylori now.

GI Map is doing DNA testing and may have false positive.
GI Map can be used as a reference but it is never the recommended test for H. pylori.

At least your endoscopy did not show any abnormalities.
Perhaps you can get your doctor to review the histology slide again.
The negative blood test is leading me to believe that you are free of H. pylori.

salomousa

Post by salomousa »

Things tl
Helico_expert wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am
confusing information.
Active chronic gastritis usually mean presence of H. pylori
——————-
This was before any natural treatment (including antimicrobials antifungicids) so my symptom were more present.
——-
Blood test is usually very accurate in detecting history of H. pylori exposure regardless of having H. pylori now.
————
I’ve had pylori from 6-7+ years and being treating it with garlic, onion, natural antimicrobials and a clean diet but never had a pylori abx treatment that’s why I’m suggesting I do have pylori but very low, I don’t have any other explanation for my gastritis and hypochloridia
———-

GI Map is doing DNA testing and may have false positive.
GI Map can be used as a reference but it is never the recommended test for H. pylori.

At least your endoscopy did not show any abnormalities.
Perhaps you can get your doctor to review the histology slide again.
The negative blood test is leading me to believe that you are free of H. pylori.
———
Blood test was done after completing dr holds Clark antiparasite program so I think that’s why i was getting false negatives
———

What I fear the most is that I’ve been having pylori symptoms for 6,7+ years and I’m positive I have low stomach acid plus I’ve gotten several tests with a positive result and a history of anemia/cancer in my family
Is it a possibility that natural abx including wormwood, cloves, garlic etc made me have so many false negatives?

——

salomousa

Post by salomousa »

My endoscopy showed some parts paleness and chronic mild gastritis plus I got the symptoms from a long long time ago and I never treated them or whatsoever with abx. I’m really scared I’m developing some kind of cancer since I literally don’t have any stomach acid, I don’t feel I have I just feel food sitting in my stomach for long times.

Is it possible that thanks to dietary changes, natural antimicrobials, lifestyle changes basically, pylori has been on remission but not erradicated?

salomousa

Post by salomousa »

Now that I remember, during the endoscopy I was using a PPI for a whole week before, and during all my tests I was using antimicrobials and bismuth, I think that’s why I’m getting all this false negative but got a positive

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

blood test is not affected by previous treatment. If you had H. pylori before, you will get a positive antibody test.

Bismuth and potential antimicrobial herbs may contribute to false negative result in histology and breath/stool test.

I think since your endoscopy is normal, apart from some mild gastritis, you can take it easy. Try some H2 blockers or probiotics to help relief the symptoms. Perhaps retest yourself again for H. pylori 1 or 2 months later. H2 blockers and probiotics will not affect the stool/breath test.

salomousa

Post by salomousa »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 am
blood test is not affected by previous treatment. If you had H. pylori before, you will get a positive antibody test.

Bismuth and potential antimicrobial herbs may contribute to false negative result in histology and breath/stool test.

I think since your endoscopy is normal, apart from some mild gastritis, you can take it easy. Try some H2 blockers or probiotics to help relief the symptoms. Perhaps retest yourself again for H. pylori 1 or 2 months later. H2 blockers and probiotics will not affect the stool/breath test.
The problem is that I have hypochloridia, SIBO and candida IMO caused by the hypochloridia, which I suspect is caused by long term hylicobacter pylori. will H2 blockers will cause further damage since I already have low stomach acid by pylori? I cant digest well most of the proteins..

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yea, H. pylori can cause inflammation which ultimately leads to lowering acid.

It's interesting how you asked about the damage caused by H2 blocker. Because usually it is the acid is causing the damage. When you have too much acid, you get reflux. or when your mucus layer is depleted due to inflammation, you get ulcer from acid.

So you are actually better without acid. But the flip side is that your food may not be properly "sterilised" and there may be other microbes growing in the stomach that can lead to other problem.

Nevertheless, H2 blocker is a weak acid blocker. It doesnt have a long active life in the body. So I wouldnt worry too much about long term "damage".

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”