Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Need advice to make the right decision

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

brad rad

Need advice to make the right decision

Post by brad rad »

Hi, im 25 guy. Found out about H pylori about 6 months ago. Started treating it with natural protocols. Had some kind of success but it always came back with a pain. Went to the doctor because the pain didnt go away, got my first round of antibiotics (standard triple therapy). Had almost no improvement, the pain was still persistent and reflux got worse. Started doing a lot of research. I was afraid that i have an ulcer. Went back to the GP and was referred to endoscopy. Had to wait for a month to get it done but the pain was bad so i was taking natural antimicrobials that helped me to get rid of the pain and because of that they didnt catch any H pylori with the biopsy. I didnt have an ulcer either so that was a releif. Did another natural protocol with matula tea for month together with biofilm disruptors, probiotics and couple other antimicrobials and manuka honey umf 25+. It actually worked pretty good, i went from bad reflux, throat burning to minimal dyspeptic symptoms, no burping and my skin cleared up almost completely. One of the bad symptoms for me is that i get bad acne and cysts when the bacteria gets out of control even when i eat the cleanest diet that i have worked out. Anyways after a month i stopped everything to get a breath test done. Everything was about ok for exactly 2 weeks and it turns from good to bad overnight. I start getting cycsts out of nowhere, burping, a bit of pain sometimes, bad taste/breath. I dont really need to do a test to tell if i still have it or no. So the problem right now is that my appointment with gastroenterologist is after 1,5 months and i really cant just be waiting because i can get very sick again and i've already been waiting so long just stops me living my normal life. At this point im thinking to just go and ask for another treatment from GP so the question is what would be the smartest move to do right now? The next option would be quadruple therapy as i found out and i dont think its just worth to be waiting right now if i can get the same treatment from my GP. Im very scared that about the resistance of it and i've also been taking antibiotics in the past for respiratory problems. Could you please give me some advice? Would be very much appriciated. Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Need advice to make the right decision

Post by Helico_expert »

I think you need to confirm that you have H. pylori before the next treatment.

Have you tried H2 blockers like famotidine? that should relief your acid symptom. You can continue famotidine until the night before breath test to confirm that you still have H. pylori.

meanwhile, you will have to stop all natural remedy that may reduce the H. pylori load. That will lead to false negative result for your breath test.
Also, if possible, ask your doctor to find out the raw data of the breath test instead of just positive and negative.

If you are indeed positive of H. pylori, here are the tips.
1. do not use the same antibiotics again, except amoxicillin (if you are not allergic to it).
2. high dose PPI (eg. rabeprazole 20mg TID)
3. high dose amoxicillin (eg. 1g TID, if you are not allergic to it).
4. high dose bismuth (eg. 220mg QID)
5. one more antibiotics that you have not tried. (eg. clarithromycin, metronidazole, ciprofloxacin, rifabutin, or furazolidone)

brad rad

Post by brad rad »

Hi, thank you so much for answering. I appriciate the time you take to help all of these people. So i was positive and went to the gastroenterologist. He prescribed me standard quadruple therapy and was not willing to modify it much. Only said its okay if i want to take more of the PPI and the bismuth prescription is 120mg 4 times a day. The medications has been ordered to pharmacy and will arrive 3-4 days but im just wondering now if that would be ideal to try? Ive been taking tetracyclin maybe like 6-7 years ago ive just remembered now and im littlebit skeptic about it. Most likely had h pylori since young age. I have a chance to wait another 2,5 weeks and get appoitment with other gastroenterologist at bigger hospital and maybe get on a different treatment if that would be worth to go for? I currently have endoscopy booked already if the next treatment doesnt work. Thanks again.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

It's not easy for H. pylori to become resistant to tetracycline. Besides, it's a long time ago since you tried tetracycline. So I think you should go ahead and use the quadruple treatment as soon as it is available.

brad rad

Post by brad rad »

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Alright i will give it a try and hope for the best. I was also reading the other post about the dosages and when to take. Would it be more efficient for me to take the medications every 6 hours in 24h cycle then and is it safe for me to do?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yup. Take it every 6 hours.
Remember that Tetracycline can make you get sunburn more easily. So please avoid direct sunlight.

brad rad

Post by brad rad »

Hi Helico expert. So i've finished the quadruple therapy 5 days ago and seems like it actually worked. My chronic belching improved within 2-3 days so did the reflux, i still get very minimal reflux symptoms after eating and when i move but it seems to get better every day. Also my skin is clearing up i suppose thats a sign that the inflammation is going away. I took bunch of natural supplements on top for higher success rate and i believe it might have actually worked, it has been a serious battle, i hope thats it. So now my gut seems to be very acidic and i can feel it burning sometimes i suppose that is because i got off from high dose of acid blockers and now my stomach is producing more acid? Ive read that it might take weeks for it to heal completely or do you have any idea? Thanks again, you guys are legends helping people here i appriciate it alot. All the best.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am glad that you actually feel the improvement. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Yes, any wound will take time to heal. So, try to eat healthily and in 4 weeks time, go and get a follow up breath test

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”