Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Excessive stomach acid after treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Excessive stomach acid after treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

the H2 blockers work pretty fast and doesnt last long in the body. maybe you can give those a try?

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Ok. I have Famotidine 40mg which I have yet tried. May be will give that a try

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico_expert

One of my problem has been weight loss.

I was around 72kg before acidity started in June 20. By the time I had the biopsy in October 20 and was diagnosed with helicobacter i was around 65kg. The first treatment did not appear to work so had second around of antibiotics and ppi treatment in January 21 when my weight had fallen to 61kg.

Since then I have tested twice negative for H pylori (stool test) but the acid reflux symptoms remain although they are much less intense and frequency has also reduced however I am now (in July 21) 58.4kg.

I do also suffer from stress and anxiety caused mainly by acidity.

In the last 12 months I have had endoscopy, ultrasound and CT scan all for the stomach and all came back clear. Also all blood test were normal.

Have you seen cases like mine before. Can this all be due to acidity caused by h pylori?

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Hi Helicoexpert,
I did an antibiotic treatment last August but I was only able to take tetracycline for 9 days and metronidazole for one day.
I still have all my old symptoms but could not get retested because I got diagnosed with severe reflux esophagitis and had difficulty swallowing. The treatment was 40mg of prilosec. I'm finally able to eat solid food again and I'm on day 2 of pepcid and gas x.
How long should I stay on pepcid ideally to get a very accurate stool test? I'm worried 2 weeks won't be long enough time to grow enough bacteria since I've been on prilosec for so long and did do a few days of an antibiotic last year.
Thank you!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

2 weeks without any medication should be long enough for stool test. You may be lucky that the antibiotics get rid of your H. pylori. Nevertheless, it's not a good practice to stop antibiotic treatment prematurely. keep us posted with your situation.

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Thank you Helico expert. I will keep you posted.
I'm not able to stop taking all medication unfortunately. My throat still gives me some trouble with swallowing a bit and I had the h pylori type that causes stomach ulcers so I have to stay on pepcid 40mg for now to prevent reoccurrence of esophagitis and likely an ulcer. None of my old symptoms since I tested positive have subsided in the least. ☹

How long should I stay on pepcid before re testing?

Thank you!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can continue pepcid until the night before stool test. It will not interfere with the stool test.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico_expert

Any thoughts on my message above about weight loss?

Also what is the connection between helicobacter infection and increase in stomach acidity?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

In general, most people gain weight after HP eradication. It is probably due to the better stomach condition after HP eradication.

However, in some cases, the stomach gets too healthy, it produces too much acid. So these people ends up having reflux. Perhaps due to these reflux, or pain the acid cause, you loss weight.

If PPI works for you, keep taking it. In time, your stomach will gradually heal and adjust itself.

Sham37

Post by Sham37 »

Hi helico expert

I have been given the a negative result this week in my breath test. I still have acid and sometimes a fever. What can I take to help heal my stomach alongside ppi. I take lansaparazle but sometimes think do I need something stronger?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”