Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

How long does gastritis stay around after triple therapy?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: How long does gastritis stay around after triple therapy?

Post by Helico_expert »

CLOtest is rapid urease test. it'll take about 10 min.
It's very sensitive for HP detection.

I am not sure what is your medical guideline there. But if you are diagnosed positive of H. pylori, then a treatment should be given. If your doctor has no interest of giving you a treatment for H. pylori, then he shouldnt test for H. pylori.

PPI is not a treatment for H. pylori, it is only a symptomatic treatment. not a cure.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Oh. He did give me 7 day triple therapy course of Amoxicillin 1g clarithromycin 500mg and Pantoprazole 40mg all twice a day for 7 days. But didn't say if I had any gastritis or if I should continue with ppi post therapy and if so for how long.

Its been nearly 6 weeks after completion of the eradication course and I am still suffering from acidity symptoms ( particularly when stomach is empty).

If only I knew that there was some inflammation then I can continue with omeprazole 10mg

Because of lack of clarity in the report I don't know if I should continue with omeprazole 10mg or higher to heal any damage internally or I should wean off so I can retest to see if the bacteria has cleared?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

AMERC wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:59 pm
Oh. He did give me 7 day triple therapy course of Amoxicillin 1g clarithromycin 500mg and Pantoprazole 40mg all twice a day for 7 days. But didn't say if I had any gastritis or if I should continue with ppi post therapy and if so for how long.

Its been nearly 6 weeks after completion of the eradication course and I am still suffering from acidity symptoms ( particularly when stomach is empty).

If only I knew that there was some inflammation then I can continue with omeprazole 10mg

Because of lack of clarity in the report I don't know if I should continue with omeprazole 10mg or higher to heal any damage internally or I should wean off so I can retest to see if the bacteria has cleared?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Maybe you suffer from functional dyspepsia. It's pretty common that h.pylori positive patients with symptoms of dyspepsia but without visible endoscopic changes feel the same symptoms even after h.pylori eradication. In fact, eradication in these individuals does not have much benefit in relieving symptoms.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

That's my fear because apparently functional dyspepsia has no cure and is a life long condition to manage.

How can I with no Indigestion history out of nowhere develop functional dyspepsia.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea.. as i mentioned, some damage can be permanent. But 46 is not too bad. Then again, you need to make sure you are free of H. pylori. Only then you have a chance of recover.

After HP eradication, PPI is subjective to individual. If it helps, then continue.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Thanks Helico Expert

I get the stomach spasms and tightness when my stomach is empty and this increases acid secretion. Do you think this is h pylori messing around ?

My problem is that my symptoms above is preventing me from stopping ppi which I need to do for 2 weeks for testing again. I am on omeprazole 10mg at the moment which I am not sure is strong enough.

Also do you think the triple therapy regime for 7 days of 1g Amoxicillin 500mg clarithromycin and 40mg of Pantoprazole alk twice daily was correct and has proved effective in the past ? In your experience have most infected people successfully eradicated h pylori with 7 days triple therapy regime.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Maybe you should try with famotidine. I take it for about 15 days in two split doses, 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg at night, but you could try 40 mg before bedtime. I will be doing a stool test tomorrow and an additional one after 7 days.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

I don't we get famotidine in the UK.

As I have been on a very low does of omeprazole 10mg for a month now can I do another H pylori stool test or would this also affect the results?

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

question for Helico Expert What could be causing the spasms and pain in the stomach when it becomes empty? It is as if I not eaten for whole day but in reality I have to eat every 2-3 hours.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yea.. some people have to take multiple small meals to "comfort" the stomach. Hopefully it will gradually be better as the stomach is healing.

any H2 blocker, such as nizatidine and tacidine can replace famotidine and omeprazole.

Omeprazole is more efficient in blocking acid secretion and hence can affect the follow up breath/stool test.
H2 blockers have much shorter life-span and so will not accumulate in the body. Hence will not affect the follow up breath/stool test.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”