Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

How long does gastritis stay around after triple therapy?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: How long does gastritis stay around after triple therapy?

Post by Helico_expert »

you can try switching to famotidine for 2-3 weeks.
it's a milder acid blocker and you can continue to take it until the night before the test.

msybb

Post by msybb »

Thanks Helico_expert. Is it possible that HP is still in stomach if symptoms do improve significantly shortly after triple therapy but later symptoms keep coming back later and get worse?

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

msybb wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 am
One of my symptoms is: when my stomach is not in settled status, I don’t feel hungry but I can feel my stomach is empty. When my stomach is empty and I feel hungry, - I know my stomach is in a better status. Does anyone has the same symptom?
I have the same issue. I feel better when my stomach is empty.

msybb

Post by msybb »

Hi Plotun

When you had symptoms, did you feel hungry when your stomach was empty? When your symptoms improved, did you feel hungry when your stomach was empty?

msybb

Post by msybb »

Hi Helico_expert

Can omeprazole cause potential false negative result of HP test from endoscope biopsy ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It depends what you are testing during endoscopy.
omeprazole and any acid blocking agent, will suppress H. pylori and lead to false negative test for rapid urease test (commonly done during endoscopy).

Once H. pylori is suppressed, the pathologist may have difficulty staining the H. pylori as the number is too low.

But, gastroenterologist will still be able to see if there is polyps, tumors, ulcers and any other abnormalities; The pathologist will still be able to detect inflammation, mutated gastric linings, such as metaplasia.

msybb

Post by msybb »

Thanks Helico_expert for your useful information. I did biopsy test last May. Apart from superficial inflammation of my entire stomach and HP, no other abnormality was found, such as metaplasia, polyps, tumors, ulcers. My GI intends to do a repeat endoscope test because my symptoms still remain. I do hope this test result will be the same, - no other abnormality apart from inflammation and perhaps HP.

msybb

Post by msybb »

Thanks Helico_exper

My biopsy test last May showed "superficial gastric body-type mucosa demonstrating a mild, predominantly superficial chronic inflammatory infiltration". Is it not too bad?

My understanding is that omeprazole and other anti-acid agents do not impact on HP test if biopsy is conducted in a lab. Am I right?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

My understanding is that omeprazole and other anti-acid agents do not impact on HP test if biopsy is conducted in a lab. Am I right?
That's incorrect.
Usually the biopsy can be used to culture (or grow) the HP on agar and do antibiotic susceptibility testing. If you are taking omeprazole or any anti-acid agents, then there will be many more other bacteria growing and it will be too difficult to separate HP out from the mess.

hani

Post by hani »

AMERC wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:50 pm
Hi Helico Expert

Is it possible for endoscopy to find h pylori but not inflammation or ulcer? This is what they said to me.

I am 46 living in UK and had no previous history of stomach issues. Its been over 5 weeks since I completed triple therapy course for h pylori eradication but the acidity issues still remains

Why does the stomach pain when its empty and also an hour or so after eating

An update from me to everyone

Also, Hi AMERC, I cannot reply to your private message for some reason (account privileges?) so I've quoted one of your posts here and hope it gives you a notification.

Five months on now from triple therapy and I still have the exact same symptoms of constant, gnawing gastritis. I have switched away from Omeprazole two weeks ago to Famotidine so that I can take a Pylori test next week. Hopefully, this should provide some more information. I tried to take a test over Christmas but the doctor here accidentally put the test in for food poisoning rather than Pylori :shock: . They also would not give me Famotidine because they thought it would interfere with the test. Consequently, I spent two weeks over Christmas lying on the couch taking paracetamol and gaviscon trying to make it through each days gastritis pain in order to do a test that they subsequently messed up. I am in the UK and have been dealing with the NHS GP and the 'out of hours' service. It’s really, really terrible. I am still in complete shock at the level of incompetence. I digress..

I now have manged to get Famotidine (long story) and think I will continue with it as it seems to work ok for me and doesn't seem to come with possible the long term problems Omeprazole may be assocaited with. I have heard that Omeprazole can have a month long 'acid rebound' effect so I'm curious to see if my current gastritis is caused by this rather than the something else (like Pylori).

I have also been following the diet prescribed in the 'Gastritis Healing' book (L. G. Capellan) for the last 6 weeks. This is in case my gastritis is being caused by something in my diet. I usually eat a Mediterranean diet, don't smoke or drink so its not much of a change from my normal diet except I have removed tomatoes and green tea. Is there a chance that my two years of gastritis hell was caused by occasionally eating tomatoes and drinking tea daily? It seems unlikely but who knows. I'm running out of options to try. I'll update when I have my results back from my Pylori test next week (if they test it correctly this time).

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”