Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Ongoing Daily Symptoms GI Map

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

noonanas

Ongoing Daily Symptoms GI Map

Post by noonanas »

Hello Helico Expert,

I've commented in the past my story- what started as extra burps and hiccups turned into a massive stomach attack in May of acid reflux, burps caught in my throat, chest rumbling, epigastric pain and chest pressure. I got a GI map with my naturopath which showed low level h pylori technically in the "normal range" for PCR stool testing but many functional doctors say get rid of it anyways- so I started an intense 80 day protocol of mastic gum, l.reteuri, sach boularddi, olive leaf, oil of oregano, neem oil, cats claw, blackseed oil, marshmallow root, slippery elm, DGL chewables and more. I avoided PPIs and tums but I was suffering immensely daily. I got a blood test a couple weeks into that and it came back negative for h pylori at .21 on the IgG blood (.80 and above is seen as positive).

I had to wait 3 months and see 4 doctors before getting an endoscopy which showed chronic mild gastritis and a gastric erosion in my antrum- with no h pylori found. I've been on 40 mg pantoprazole daily for 4 weeks, as well as 1-2 daily pepcids and 1000 mg tums 3-5x/ a day too. I chew ginger chewables for nausea (just started this two days ago which does help). I still have horrendous daily symptoms, especially the chest pressure and weight burping reflux + chest rumbling noises so loud. I took sucralfate 4x daily for 2.5 weeks, but my dr. recommended not to do overdo that so now I just take it before bed... I'm debating upping my PPI dose to 2x/day and taking more sucralfate for a month to see if that speeds up the process. Is it possible that my tests have missed h pylori since we have no known root cause? I was stressed during covid's beginning and eating a lot of high fat, salt foods to try to recover from an eating disorder (under-fueling and YEARS ago I purged but haven't in the last 2 years). My theory is this happened to me from years of bodily stress from intense training, mucosal layer breakdown and increased acid due to anxiety. Do you have any advice on how to speed up the healing? I'm also thinking if I wean off the PPI in about a month to wait 3-4 weeks and ask for a breath test just to be sure it's not h pylori too? Are there any acid reducing options I can take that won't affect the breath test?

Thank you so much.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Ongoing Daily Symptoms GI Map

Post by Helico_expert »

If you have not done an endoscopy, perhaps that is what you need to do. Get a histology report and see if you still have H. pylori.

Blood test is usually very accurate for negative result.
GI map and PCR are based on DNA testing, which sometimes (actually very common) can lead to false positive.

breath test require two conditions to get accurate result.
1. the bacteria load
2. an acidic stomach
if you are taking anything that can reduce the bacteria load or acid, breath test will fail.
So you need to stop any medications or natural remedy for at least 3 weeks before breath test.

Then again, if your stomach is already not producing acid, usually among the elderlies, but can sometimes happen in the middle age group, breath test wont be sensitive too. That's why an endoscopy is more appropriate for these groups of patients.

noonanas

Post by noonanas »

Sorry I think it says in my story there I did get an endoscopy and that showed negative too. But I heard it can miss the area of infection.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yes.. sorry, my bad. if you had already done endoscopy, then i assume there is no other abnormality to worry about.

it is possible to miss H. pylori because H. pylori only likes to live in the healthy tissue. Gastroenterologist likes to take biopsies from unhealthy tissue for pathologist to examine. That's how H. pylori can be missed sometimes.

But, an experienced pathologist and gastroenterologist will look for hint.
if your histology report shows active gastritis, then H. pylori may be present.
if it says non-active gastritis, then H. pylori is most probably gone and it's healing.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”