Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms After Treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Gingerneer321

Re: Symptoms After Treatment

Post by Gingerneer321 »

Apologies, that last post was not written very clearly, I actually did already ask my doctor about adding omeperazole to that course and he said it would be fine. My question; do Metranidazole and doxycycline together work well against H. Pylori?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yup. they work well together.

i assume you are going to take PPI and bismuth with your metronidazole and doxycycline.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the histamine part, it's not exactly new idea. It is why we sometimes use H2 blockers. H is for Histamine.

It is not widely discussed as most people are cured after triple therapy. This forum is concentrated by people who failed treatment and seek second opinion. So you may get a false sense that a lot of people are having trouble with treatment.

Anyway, it's good to bring up all these discussion.

msybb

Post by msybb »

大家好,

我抗菌素治疗以后,开始感觉好多了,能多吃饭了,可是后来一旦吃多一点,症状又复发了,这样反复了好几次,现在好像胃越来越弱,吃的饭越来越少。几个月前粪便检查HP阴性。有没有病友和我的症状类似?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

你好。

粪便检测时,有停用胃酸抑制剂或其他抗生素吗?
必须停药2-3周才能做检测。

当幽门螺杆菌被杀灭后,炎症会逐渐消去。在这段期间,可能还会有症状。
有些病患,康复后,偶尔还会有症状。可能几个星期或几个月就复发一次。
这都是正常的。只要确认没有幽门螺杆菌,病情就不会逐渐恶化下去。

康复的时间不定。是根据胃的破坏程度。一般年龄越大,幽门螺杆菌潜伏期越长,破坏越严重,康复就越困难。
有些伤口还不一定能康复。那些康复不了的,就只能长期靠药物补助。
也所以,我们建议不要等到有症状了才治疗幽门螺杆菌。尤其华人社会,胃癌机率特别高。全世界有一半的胃癌都发生在我们东亚人群。

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico_expert

I finished my second round of 7 day triple therapy course of Amoxicillin, Metronidazole and omeprazole a week ago. Felt better for the first few days after finishing but the acidity symptoms came back (stomach tighness, pain across the chest and or feeling of something stuck in the throat). So I am continuing with omeprazole 20mg twice a day because I think I am managing the symptoms better with twice a day instead of once a day. Is it ok to continue with the higher ppi dose for a couple of weeks until acidity has settled a bit. I need to do a stool test in 4 weeks time though and I know getting off PPI could be an uphill struggle

In the UK we don't get any H2 blockers or famotidine. Only Gaviscon Advance is available which provides relief for only one hour or two. Are there any natural things I could use to reduce or control the above symptoms like apple cider vinegar etc?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's ok to continue the PPI. PPI has long history and is quite safe. So it's ok to jack up the dose a bit if that suits you. otherwise, you can try other brand, eg. rabeprazole.

omeprazole is not very good because when it was synthesized, half of it is not usable. So if you were taking 20mg, there was only 10mg effective dose. Esomeprazole is better because it removes the impurity.

but some people has higher metabolic rate against these PPI. So they need a higher dose to feel the effect. Rabeprazole is not affected by the gene that digest the PPIs.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am
It's ok to continue the PPI. PPI has long history and is quite safe. So it's ok to jack up the dose a bit if that suits you. otherwise, you can try other brand, eg. rabeprazole.

omeprazole is not very good because when it was synthesized, half of it is not usable. So if you were taking 20mg, there was only 10mg effective dose. Esomeprazole is better because it removes the impurity.

but some people has higher metabolic rate against these PPI. So they need a higher dose to feel the effect. Rabeprazole is not affected by the gene that digest the PPIs.
Thanks.

So between Esomeprazole and Rabeprazole which is more effective. In past I have found that if I stop omeprazole for a week or so and restart then it takes a good week to 10 days to feel the effect. Is that same for all ppi

I am taking some probiotic also to counter the effect of any other bad bacteria growth because of omeprazole

Any natural way to control acidity would be helpful to know

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

esomeprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole, they all inhibit the same acid by the same pathway. It's just slight different in structure, so the body may degrade it differently. So, which PPI is suitable to you? you'll have to experiment out yourself.

msybb

Post by msybb »

AMERC wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:06 pm
Any natural way to control acidity would be helpful to know
Hi AMERC
I found drinking alkaline water helps when I feel acid in my stomach.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”