Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Amid this lockdown, I have started getting nausea and bloating after eating, two weeks ago shared food with my wife

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

edeott

Re: Amid this lockdown, I have started getting nausea and bloating after eating, two weeks ago shared food with my wife

Post by edeott »

I am 34 years old. So is it like one strain of H pylori can be more severe than another strain or is it that different people have different reactions to the infection even if the strain is the same ? For instance, is it possible if someone has had an infection from a less severe H pylori strain and has no severe symptoms like ulcer but when they catch a more dangerous strain of H Pylori they develope severe symptoms?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Amid this lockdown, I have started getting nausea and bloating after eating, two weeks ago shared food with my wife

Post by Helico_expert »

the different disease outcome or the severity of the disease involves many factors.
I believe the strain type plays a role because, in China, they have a more pathogenic strain, where the toxin is proven in the lab that they are more aggressive. more than half of China population is infected with H. pylori and almost 99% of the Chinese strain carry that toxin. Even though we do not have evidence that that toxin has direct impact on stomach cancer, China has significantly higher stomach cancer rate than any other countries.

So in China, everyone is carrying a similar strain that has this very aggressive toxin. why isnt everyone has stomach cancer? I think the immune system plays another important role. Just like this COVID. why is it more deadly to the older people? perhaps the older people has weaker immune response.

In H. pylori, it is usually the older people who has higher chance of developing stomach cancer too.

Myrad56

Post by Myrad56 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:08 am
the different disease outcome or the severity of the disease involves many factors.
I believe the strain type plays a role because, in China, they have a more pathogenic strain, where the toxin is proven in the lab that they are more aggressive. more than half of China population is infected with H. pylori and almost 99% of the Chinese strain carry that toxin. Even though we do not have evidence that that toxin has direct impact on stomach cancer, China has significantly higher stomach cancer rate than any other countries.

So in China, everyone is carrying a similar strain that has this very aggressive toxin. why isnt everyone has stomach cancer? I think the immune system plays another important role. Just like this COVID. why is it more deadly to the older people? perhaps the older people has weaker immune response.

In H. pylori, it is usually the older people who has higher chance of developing stomach cancer too.
One statement confuses me, if with your trial ulcer can appear within a week then how you say it takes decades for the symptoms to appear? I get a warm feeling in my tummy after meals like some hot water is flowing over the wall of my stomach with some bloating between meals, I was also exposed to H Pylori two months ago, let me know whether I should get myself tested or its just months of sitting idle at home that caused this indigestion? Definitely I fear going to the hospital these days due to Covid19 and that's why I have been tolerating these symptoms until Covid eases.

I tried treating myself by taking two cloves of garlic twice a day with meals and Omeprazole 20mg twice a day and I took them for 14 days, these symptoms did disappear upto some extent but on the 15th day the same burning sensation in the belly no benefit

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Good question. Well.. we believe that stomach ulcers happened when the acid "digest" the stomach wall.
The stomach wall is normally protected by the mucous layer.
When H. pylori is present, the inflammation can sometimes cause the depletion of mucous layer.
The severity of inflammation is different from people to people, hence the depletion of mucous layer is subjective.
Not everyone will experience severe inflammation and not everyone will have depletion of mucous layer.
So, the participant in our trial is very unfortunate to be very sensitive to H. pylori and unexpectedly have a quick depletion of mucous layer and ulcer is formed.
It is crucial for us to study that because nobody has seen how H. pylori causes ulcer so quickly. Usually patients presented to the doctors already have the ulcers and the doctors cannot tell when the infection occurred.

Myrad56

Post by Myrad56 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:03 pm
Good question. Well.. we believe that stomach ulcers happened when the acid "digest" the stomach wall.
The stomach wall is normally protected by the mucous layer.
When H. pylori is present, the inflammation can sometimes cause the depletion of mucous layer.
The severity of inflammation is different from people to people, hence the depletion of mucous layer is subjective.
Not everyone will experience severe inflammation and not everyone will have depletion of mucous layer.
So, the participant in our trial is very unfortunate to be very sensitive to H. pylori and unexpectedly have a quick depletion of mucous layer and ulcer is formed.
It is crucial for us to study that because nobody has seen how H. pylori causes ulcer so quickly. Usually patients presented to the doctors already have the ulcers and the doctors cannot tell when the infection occurred.
Sorry to ask you, Are you an MD doctor or a medical scientist? Do you think that an allium vegetable like garlic can have antibacterial effects against H pylori? Apart from this, seems like your participant should have gone through endoscopy before joining your clinical trial to rule out any ulcers present before the trial !!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am a medical scientist.

Almost everything kill H. pylori in vitro. Garlic, onion, chilli, honey, and so on... But these are common ingredients for many and yet the prevalence is still high. The reason is because H. pylori is hiding deep in the cell linings and shielded by the thick mucous. So these ingredients dont normally penetrate the mucous and get deep enough to interact with H. pylori.

So how antibiotics work? antibiotics get absorbed by the body and flow in the blood. When H. pylori extract nutrient from cells, the antibiotics get leaked and kill the bacteria.

as for our participants for clinical, because majority of them failed multiple treatment and is resistant to multiple antibiotics. So Prof Marshall have done endoscopy and bacterial culture for all of them.

Myrad56

Post by Myrad56 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:35 pm
I am a medical scientist.

Almost everything kill H. pylori in vitro. Garlic, onion, chilli, honey, and so on... But these are common ingredients for many and yet the prevalence is still high. The reason is because H. pylori is hiding deep in the cell linings and shielded by the thick mucous. So these ingredients dont normally penetrate the mucous and get deep enough to interact with H. pylori.

So how antibiotics work? antibiotics get absorbed by the body and flow in the blood. When H. pylori extract nutrient from cells, the antibiotics get leaked and kill the bacteria.

as for our participants for clinical, because majority of them failed multiple treatment and is resistant to multiple antibiotics. So Prof Marshall have done endoscopy and bacterial culture for all of them.
Nice to know that you're a scientist, may I know your good name please?
also for garlic, I found the below research paper, you can check it out if you want to...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5052411/

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing the article.

Although garlic can kill H. pylori, it is important to know that it is a main food ingredient for many cultures, including Chinese and Indian, they have high prevalence of H. pylori still. Therefore, garlic doesnt kill H. pylori in our body. It is not a recommended treatment for H. pylori infection.

Myrad56

Post by Myrad56 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 pm
Thanks for sharing the article.

Although garlic can kill H. pylori, it is important to know that it is a main food ingredient for many cultures, including Chinese and Indian, they have high prevalence of H. pylori still. Therefore, garlic doesnt kill H. pylori in our body. It is not a recommended treatment for H. pylori infection.
I understand, this means my self implemented treatment of omeprazole and 4 cloves of garlic has failed obviously.
I think its time to put myself at the risk of covid19 and visit a hospital for Stool antigen test but the problem is I am unable to sustain PPI withdrawl due to the burning pain in stomach which in this case will be necessary to for at least 2 weeks, unable to break this cycle !! Also what is the difference between gastritis and ulcer? Is gastritis also caused just by h pylori or there are other causes as well, could you suggest please?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You can switch PPI to H2 blockers like Ranitidine,famotidine ,nizatidine and cimetidine .
They are not like PPI. H2 blockers have short half life in your body. So you can continue to take these H2 blockers until the night before stool/breath test.

gastritis in medical term, means inflammation in the stomach. Everyone infected with H. pylori will have the inflammation.

gastritis to general public, means the gastric symptoms, like reflux, pain, bloating, etc. They are not necessary cause by H. pylori. Some people are just sensitive to certain food. So these people will have to talk to a dietitian or immunologist and see what food they may be allergic to or the body is rejecting.

stomach ulcer normally mean the acid is too high or when the mucous is not enough to hold off the acid, and the stomach wall get burns off. It's like a mouth ulcer, but in the stomach. It can be painful. If the stomach ulcer is close to the artery, then it can become a bleeding ulcer and can be fatal.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”