Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms after Triple Therapy

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

aliberal

Symptoms after Triple Therapy

Post by aliberal »

I have had stomach issues since November 16 of 2018. I was diagnosed with the Helicobacter Pylori infection 4 weeks ago. I am on my last day of triple therapy and having symptoms of:

Left Side Chest Pain
Cold sensation on Back, Arms, and Abdomen
Neck Pain
High Blood Pressure - started once I had stomach problems
Blood Pressure around 156/85
Fibromyalgia like symptoms when moving my arms
Just got a Cold
Jaw Pain
LARGE amounts of undigested food in stool (Rice, Tomatoes, Beans)
Severe Muscule Twitching - Abdomen, Arms, Legs, EVERYWHERE!
Loud digestion but has somewhat improved since treatment

Triple Therapy consisted of PPI (Omeprazole), Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin

Keep in mind, Im on day 14 of treatment which is my last day of treatment

Is H.Pylori related to these symptoms?
Is the PPI causing u digested food in the stool?
Should I take probiotics after treatment to "heal" my gut?

KingDreas

Re: Symptoms after Triple Therapy

Post by KingDreas »

I was diagnosed around three weeks ago and after the antibiotics I felt a lot worse like my stomach has been attacked. If I had known more about HP before the antibiotics I probably wouldn't have taken them.

I went A&E the other day as my stools were black (now I🙏know pebto bismol the cause) and a very bad skin rash. They did all the blood tests and they were fine, showed no internal bleeding. This was a huge relief, but still need to go get further tests.

What I have found is most of my symptoms after were caused by anxiety and worry. It's very difficult, for me I also suffer from GERD so makes the pain worse. I don't know if it will work for you but this is what I tried and if disciplined seems to work for me;

- Mastic supplements
- Probiotics (i got the most expensive not sure if it makes a difference)
- Olive Oil (i drink this in the morning and at night two spoonsfuls)
- Almond Milk (appears to help settle stomach pains)
- Chamoille and Green Tea with Manuka Honey.
- Pomegrante juice
- A bland diet with lots of greens
- Liquorice supplement

I don't know if these are all working as placebos, but just throwing a ton of s### at the wall to see what sticks. My BP was high, but doctor said it was due to anxiety. I'm no doctor but most of yours could be related.

NoxArcana

Post by NoxArcana »

The muscle twitching i also had when i was taking the antibiotcs and for some weeks after i finish, about the food,you shouldnt eat tomatoes nor beans, tomatoes are acidic, and beans create lot of gas on your stomach and intestines, this should be the reason of the noises on your abdomen too.
The gastroenterologist told me to take probiotics during and after the antibiotics.(1 month total)

aliberal

Post by aliberal »

Thank you I'll try your recommendations. I just hope I'll be fine.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Hi
I had problems similar to yours which still persist to today (3 months after treatment) but I suspect I still have H pylori.
- Jaw pain under the tongue
- Twitching especially when lying down
- Sometimes high blood pressure
- Numbness on various parts of the body

aliberal

Post by aliberal »

Yeah, my twitching is annoying. Also, at certain times the chest pains can really hurt. Although, I still remain unsure if these symptoms are related to H.Pylori. I think they are....

hunpeter91

Post by hunpeter91 »

Hey, I am in the same situation like you were. Just finished the therapy but I feel worse... Same like you described... Are you better? How long does it last to get rid of the sympthoms? Thank you, I hope you have already recovered.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”