Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

The appetite issue

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Bt86

The appetite issue

Post by Bt86 »

What do you guys do about the appetite issues? Like when your stomach just isn’t open for business. These are the days I feel the worst to be honest. I’d rather have pain than feel that super distended upper abdomen, almost tightness feeling, and only after a little bit of food. Do you think this could be related to fat content in the food? This really is the last symptom to really be significant as most have dwindled. The burping always accompanied this one though.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: The appetite issue

Post by Helico_expert »

are you still on PPI? I think as the acid is being suppressed, you'll probably lost some appetite. I occasionally hear patients complain about lossing appetite. But majority would have appetite improved.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 am
are you still on PPI? I think as the acid is being suppressed, you'll probably lost some appetite. I occasionally hear patients complain about lossing appetite. But majority would have appetite improved.
Yeah still on protonix. Been about 36 days I believe. And prior to this never had any acid reflux or anything. Put me on it for gastritis. Soon as I eat I’m just super full right away, but zero appetite prior to that, been about 5 days of no appetite. I even tried two days off the ppi to see if it helped but I’m guessing a week or two would restore natural acidity and maybe help. Two days isn’t sufficient I’m guessing.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i see. PPI is a slow acting drug. it will take a few days to completely stop your acid secretion and it'll take a few days for the inhibition to be out of your system. so, perhaps two days is indeed not enough. Then again, it is a good strategy to gradually stop the PPI.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:34 pm
i see. PPI is a slow acting drug. it will take a few days to completely stop your acid secretion and it'll take a few days for the inhibition to be out of your system. so, perhaps two days is indeed not enough. Then again, it is a good strategy to gradually stop the PPI.
I don’t really think it’s helping at all. Maybe the carafate is, or was. But most of the burning, Sharp pains are gone. Get a couple during the day out of nowhere but they are gone in seconds. Doctor wants me to stay on though till we’re totally healed. Burping the last few days has come way down. I have been eating less though.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sounds like great improvement already. yea, some people does take longer to get to 100%. but really, it depends on how long you had H. pylori and how much the damage is done.

stay positive!

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:58 pm
sounds like great improvement already. yea, some people does take longer to get to 100%. but really, it depends on how long you had H. pylori and how much the damage is done.

stay positive!

Yeah my blood test was negative. Felt a little nauseas about 4.5 weeks ago and had a really big spicy meal and a cocktail, then dessert and the next morning all hell broke loose. Doctor said 6-8 weeks of being disciplined and we can make up some ground. Some days are great, others can be brutal.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

do keep us posted. let us know how is the progress.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:30 am
do keep us posted. let us know how is the progress.
I was pain free today. None. I ate three meals. Doctor said this is a great sign and is taking me off the sucrafalate soon as well as the protonix. She sees a lot of patients for gastritis and says my pattern of symptoms is nearing the end! Some burping today but that’s it. Best day I’ve had in 30 days

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

glad to hear that you are making progress.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”