Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Help? I’m clueless

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Bt86

Re: Help? I’m clueless

Post by Bt86 »

vishrvn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 am
Yep, I get what you mean about how it sucked the life out of you. I'm no doctor here so I'm just giving you tips which worked for me during this time. I had blood work done which showed nothing, it was the endoscopy + biopsy which revealed the HP, you might want to ask your doctor if there could be another test for HP ( Stool maybe?)

I had/have the burping. I take 2tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar + a glass of water, and then take a walk the first thing in the morning, even around the house helps. You might want to try that I suppose. I'm not sure of the PPI stunting appetite, I hated taking the PPI for the first few days ( of 14 ). I then moved to a lentil+rice only diet for ~2/3 weeks which helped a lot with the effects during my triple therapy. Even now, whenever I begin to experience the symptoms, I go back to the lentil+rice diet for ~2/3 days and the symptoms go away.

What I mean by it getting better is, the anxiety amplified the problem 10x. Once the diagnosis was made, and once the treatment was completed successfully, I stopped paying much attention to the symptoms. Earlier, I would prod myself in the stomach, twist my upper body, induce burps to see where the pain was or what it may have been. It consumed most of my day to the point where all I thought about was the pain and how it had to do with something more dangerous. Now, it probably hurts for a few seconds, I don't pay much attention to it and my day goes on just fine thereafter. I've gone nearly 2 weeks at one point without experiencing any symptoms whatsoever.

To take it a step further ( I'm an engineer ), I went to the point of logging my pain intensity vs the food I eat, the exercise I get and the amount of sleep I'm able to have the prior night. And all I see now is, more exercise, 7.5+ hours of sleep at night, regular meals with little or no processed food have been the most ideal factors towards reducing the symptoms.
Note taken, we have the same symptoms and elicit the same behavior it seems under the grounds of this illness. I have the consult with the GI end of this month. We will see what happens from there. I’m on vacation right now, took my family on an 8 day trip. Haven’t eaten barely a thing in 2 days. Sucks man. All I think about is this, barely sleep too because I’m so uncomfortable. I keep a food journal. Lots of journaling lately but I feel like I’m too in the beginning to notice much correlation. I’ll say this though, eating just a bit too much does me in. Half portions are key. Also meditation. Sugar doesn’t help either. Eating before bed is another no go. It’s all really tough. I just want to get better. At this point the pains manageable, I just have no regularity to my day.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

Don't think about it too much. I went on a 6 day vacation during this episode as well. Just have fun with your folks, eat good food, food with fiber helps to keep things moving as well. I had 5mg melatonin to help with the sleep on the bad nights. You'll be fine, try not to think too much about the pain, the next time you have the pain or start thinking of it, try to distract yourself with something, maybe a game on your phone, or some breathing exercises or anything that takes your mind off the pain. It will most certainly help.
Have fun on your vacation and take it easy!

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

vishrvn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am
Don't think about it too much. I went on a 6 day vacation during this episode as well. Just have fun with your folks, eat good food, food with fiber helps to keep things moving as well. I had 5mg melatonin to help with the sleep on the bad nights. You'll be fine, try not to think too much about the pain, the next time you have the pain or start thinking of it, try to distract yourself with something, maybe a game on your phone, or some breathing exercises or anything that takes your mind off the pain. It will most certainly help.

I’m tracking you man. I did 30 mins of breathing today. I wish I could eat but a couple crackers today was all I could fit in. We’re just going to parks, spoiling the wife and kids. I’m having fun, it’s just this overwhelming , looming doomed thinking, thinking that something more sinister is at play here that’s scaring me. I know that there would probably be a lot more scary symptoms than feeling a little pain and feeling so full all day, also blood work at ct scan would probably show that as well. Still just sucks feeling so sabotaged by this and knowing tomorrow might be tough too, which I’ve come to expect and learning everyday to accept it a little more.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i agree with vishrvn. it's important to stay positive. negative thoughts are not helpful and most likely ruin your day.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

Bt86 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:40 am
vishrvn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am

I’m tracking you man. I did 30 mins of breathing today. I wish I could eat but a couple crackers today was all I could fit in. We’re just going to parks, spoiling the wife and kids. I’m having fun, it’s just this overwhelming , looming doomed thinking, thinking that something more sinister is at play here that’s scaring me. I know that there would probably be a lot more scary symptoms than feeling a little pain and feeling so full all day, also blood work at ct scan would probably show that as well. Still just sucks feeling so sabotaged by this and knowing tomorrow might be tough too, which I’ve come to expect and learning everyday to accept it a little more.
It's going to be fine. Don't worry. And please please please do not anticipate the pain, it only makes it worse. Again, I'm no doctor but I've come to realize that anticipating the pain does cause it to come around a lot stronger. My doctor believes a lot of the pain also has to do with anxiety related reactions. As much as I'd like to deny that, I can't help but agree with him as I've noticed that the anxiety ties pretty well into the intensity of the pain, which is why I'd like to stress on relaxing and not worrying much. Again, with the CT scan and blood work checking everything out, I'm more than certain that you'll be fine. And when you do get better, please do come back to this community and help others through this as well. The reason you read a lot of horror stories ( which increases the anxiety and thus the pain) is because most folks do not come back here after they're cured/feel better and share their experiences, which leads to a bias that shows this disease as a horrifying one with no relief ever. So, chill out, have fun and enjoy the family time :) you'll be fine. Here are a few links I would read from time to time whenever I got anxious about the pain, hopefully they help.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=205074
https://amyking.org/2009/02/20/im-so-ha ... -h-pylori/
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=206095

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Nice blog. but the alternative treatment is not very effective. There is no harm trying. they probably work for a small group of people. But just bear in mind that majority of the people dont find honey and mastic gum useful in eradicating H. pylori.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am
Nice blog. but the alternative treatment is not very effective. There is no harm trying. they probably work for a small group of people. But just bear in mind that majority of the people dont find honey and mastic gum useful in eradicating H. pylori.
Being that my blood results were negative for hp do you still see eradication of this issue with consistent changes over time? I mean do you see people that fully heal or do they have to eat rice for the rest of their life? I realize less than a month into this that’s a tall order but I want to know if there’s a light somewhere in the distant future.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if your blood test is negative of H. pylori, then i would believe you are truly free of H. pylori. Blood test is very sensitive and accurate when it gives a negative result.

many people, actually, majority of the people, return to normal after H. pylori eradication. Some people does take longer time to heal because the damage done is more severe. Normally, the younger you are, the better the healing.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:53 am
if your blood test is negative of H. pylori, then i would believe you are truly free of H. pylori. Blood test is very sensitive and accurate when it gives a negative result.

many people, actually, majority of the people, return to normal after H. pylori eradication. Some people does take longer time to heal because the damage done is more severe. Normally, the younger you are, the better the healing.
If those that recover have eradicated hp then what about those that are negative to begin with? Same rule applies? I’m 32 and been an athlete my whole life.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Most of the people here have symptoms because of H. pylori. For those who has similar symptoms but not related to H. pylori, could be due to genetic factor or environmental.

at the moment, we dont know if there is another pathogen other than H. pylori. As a scientist, we are never ending searching for this "not discovered pathogen". So far, nothing significant is found, other than H. pylori.

I suppose you can see a dietitian or immunologist to find out if you are allergic to certain food. sometimes, changing diet can help improve symptoms.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”