Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Help? I’m clueless

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Bt86

Help? I’m clueless

Post by Bt86 »

Years of zero digestive issues and then one night I had spicy pho, a cocktail and boom! I woke up the next morning in hell and it’s been 31 days since and I’ve never felt more hopeless! Is this possible to beat? I’ll do anything. I was 20lbs heavier and have lost all muscle since. Was immediately put on protonix and sucralfate. It’s done nothing but bring the sharp constant burning pain to an end. This whole thing started abruptly and was 10 days straight of diarrhea. All that has subsided but my stomach in unbelievable sensitive, I can barely eat a half portion of anything without my upper abdomen bloating out for hours and hours. Eating very small meals, no spice, low fat easy to digest simple carbs. Gluten here and there, bananas, some tea. I don’t know, I have no idea how to beat this. Negative for H pylori. Initial symptoms were constant burping, gurgling stomach, stinging in the upper abdomen, couldn’t sleep ever, still can’t, bloating severely. The burping has gone down a little, stomach doesn’t gurgle as much as it did. I have no history of heartburn or any reflux for that matter. I do however have a history of anxiety. And this hasn’t helped obviously. Every story I hear is a horror story, I’d love some hope here. Hopefully someone sees this.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Help? I’m clueless

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori doesnt cause acute symptoms like this. have you done ultrasound to check for gall stone? perhaps you need an endoscopy too.

how did you check your H. pylori status? did you take any medication before the test?

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:32 am
H. pylori doesnt cause acute symptoms like this. have you done ultrasound to check for gall stone? perhaps you need an endoscopy too.

how did you check your H. pylori status? did you take any medication before the test?
They did a ct scan. Blood test was ordered the night I went to the ER, no meds. Tests all looked very good. Diagnosed me with acute gastritis. I wasn’t sure what was happening during this time but I just went back to eating normal a day or two later when I felt normal and happened to stumble upon even worse symptoms so here we are still recovering. I have good day and some hard days. The pain has been mitigated considerably since starting the ppi and sucralfate. However I’m in some major discomfort quite often, even if I have a bit too much of food. We’ve taken out a lot of foods and halfed the portions this week so we’ll see. Consult for endo next month although my doctor who specializes in GI says she’s certain this is what it is. I’m going to have one though for sure. Insurance is excellent so why not. I should say the discomfort is due to feeling so bloated and full!! I do occasionally have some sharp pains. The usual suspects still apply at times.

acb

Post by acb »

Have you checked on food allergies or food intolerances? My mom had a starting ulcer with very "unfriendly" episodes. It stopped when she stopped milk protin totally. I won't say her digestive health os perfect but depression and the episodes are gone. No ER nights for my dad anymore ;) I also have plenty of allergies and intolerances. Took a long time to find out but changed my life.

Joy

Post by Joy »

Hello.

So I've finished my treatment. Tbh, the burning pain has reduced but then I'm left with this constant back aches. I can't sit on a chair for long cause of the pain.

What could possibly be the cause?.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

acb wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:03 pm
Have you checked on food allergies or food intolerances? My mom had a starting ulcer with very "unfriendly" episodes. It stopped when she stopped milk protin totally. I won't say her digestive health os perfect but depression and the episodes are gone. No ER nights for my dad anymore ;) I also have plenty of allergies and intolerances. Took a long time to find out but changed my life.
Haven’t looked into food allergies. Doctor just thinks that would be be crazy considering this happened overnight. I felt slightly nauseated two days before, for maybe 5 seconds each day, then had a cheat meal like I said. Pho and a drink or two. I should mention too, I was on a strict ketogenic diet at the time. I was fit to begin with but what to test some theories.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Joy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Hello.

So I've finished my treatment. Tbh, the burning pain has reduced but then I'm left with this constant back aches. I can't sit on a chair for long cause of the pain.

What could possibly be the cause?.
Sounds to me like you might be too tense, I find myself dealing with that sometimes too but it’s when I’m super aware of my stomach and tending my
Body, that’s been a big issue for me this month. Lately all I’ve been really experiencing aside from the occasional pains is an overwhelming sense of being full. Not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe a result of the ppi mitigating acid production, I’m
Not really sure.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

@Bt86, I can't agree with you enough on the nature of this disease. We have very very similar stories, and yes I tried a bunch of diets over the last year which I believe got me down this path. I tried the GM diet for a month, it was the start of all my psychological issues, back in September/Oct of last year. Following which I went on Keto for about a month as well. Being vegetarian, Keto left me with little option for healthy food at the time. My doctors back in India told me that all the diet'ing may have taken a big hit on my immune system, incl. gut health which was accustomed to my regular diet.

Prior to the HP episodes, I was on a similar diet of having juiced strawberries, blueberries and spinach for breakfast, rice and tofu based curry for lunch and juiced strawberries, blueberries and banana's for dinner after working out. I had followed this regime for ~2.5 months before going on a week of crazy binge eating, thanks to a series of going away parties for when I was moving out of Phoenix. So yes, I strongly believe that the whole HP episode isn't limited to just contracting the infection, it probably extends to our diets in the months preceding the symptoms, and the state of our immune system.

All I can say is, hang in there, it will get better. I'm one month into being H.P free, I do have occasional pains, triggered mostly by food such as milk/chocolates/deep friend food. Regardless, the anxiety related to identifying the root cause for the pain has gone away, which I believe relieves 80% of the problem. So, I'm going to reiterate that, you will be fine. Find ways to curb the anxiety, find ways to calm down. The troubles that the disease has caused is not going to go away overnight. But it will be better. Take a walk if it isn't too cold in your part of the world, maybe go for a run or do anything to get your heart rate up to about 70% higher than resting rate for ~40 mins. Do whatever you must to distract yourself from the pain and trust me, it does get better as you practice it. Hang in there and feel free to shoot me any more questions you may have. But again, you're going to be okay, you're going to be alright and you're going to be good. Just stay strong :)

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

vishrvn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:21 am
@Bt86, I can't agree with you enough on the nature of this disease. We have very very similar stories, and yes I tried a bunch of diets over the last year which I believe got me down this path. I tried the GM diet for a month, it was the start of all my psychological issues, back in September/Oct of last year. Following which I went on Keto for about a month as well. Being vegetarian, Keto left me with little option for healthy food at the time. My doctors back in India told me that all the diet'ing may have taken a big hit on my immune system, incl. gut health which was accustomed to my regular diet.

Prior to the HP episodes, I was on a similar diet of having juiced strawberries, blueberries and spinach for breakfast, rice and tofu based curry for lunch and juiced strawberries, blueberries and banana's for dinner after working out. I had followed this regime for ~2.5 months before going on a week of crazy binge eating, thanks to a series of going away parties for when I was moving out of Phoenix. So yes, I strongly believe that the whole HP episode isn't limited to just contracting the infection, it probably extends to our diets in the months preceding the symptoms, and the state of our immune system.

All I can say is, hang in there, it will get better. I'm one month into being H.P free, I do have occasional pains, triggered mostly by food such as milk/chocolates/deep friend food. Regardless, the anxiety related to identifying the root cause for the pain has gone away, which I believe relieves 80% of the problem. So, I'm going to reiterate that, you will be fine. Find ways to curb the anxiety, find ways to calm down. The troubles that the disease has caused is not going to go away overnight. But it will be better. Take a walk if it isn't too cold in your part of the world, maybe go for a run or do anything to get your heart rate up to about 70% higher than resting rate for ~40 mins. Do whatever you must to distract yourself from the pain and trust me, it does get better as you practice it. Hang in there and feel free to shoot me any more questions you may have. But again, you're going to be okay, you're going to be alright and you're going to be good. Just stay strong :)
Man thanks a lot. Super encouraging. Yeah man. The pains come way down the last month. Occasionally the slight tinge here and there, in the same two spots. But it’a like 1 second and gone. The issue now is burping when I wake up, a lot. Which I’ve never done and never had reflux issues. And the other is feeling extremely full all the damn time. I would put down 4K calories a day easily before and I’m extremely fit. Blood showed negative for HP so I’ll try and mitigate the issues with food and like you said relaxation, which I can struggle with but also can tame. This has sucked the life from me though because it’s pulled me away from everything I do like train eat lift and whatnot. When you say it gets better what exactly do you mean? Am I at the end of this with little pain and no appetite? Is this the beginning? Is the PPI stunting my appetite because I have so little acid production? Does the carafate really help? All these things I just have no idea about. Using licorice root and slippery elm as well. Thx again man. But again, the fucking appetite is SHOT, I’m never ever hungry and couldn’t stomach the thought of eating.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

Yep, I get what you mean about how it sucked the life out of you. I'm no doctor here so I'm just giving you tips which worked for me during this time. I had blood work done which showed nothing, it was the endoscopy + biopsy which revealed the HP, you might want to ask your doctor if there could be another test for HP ( Stool maybe?)

I had/have the burping. I take 2tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar + a glass of water, and then take a walk the first thing in the morning, even around the house helps. You might want to try that I suppose. I'm not sure of the PPI stunting appetite, I hated taking the PPI for the first few days ( of 14 ). I then moved to a lentil+rice only diet for ~2/3 weeks which helped a lot with the effects during my triple therapy. Even now, whenever I begin to experience the symptoms, I go back to the lentil+rice diet for ~2/3 days and the symptoms go away.

What I mean by it getting better is, the anxiety amplified the problem 10x. Once the diagnosis was made, and once the treatment was completed successfully, I stopped paying much attention to the symptoms. Earlier, I would prod myself in the stomach, twist my upper body, induce burps to see where the pain was or what it may have been. It consumed most of my day to the point where all I thought about was the pain and how it had to do with something more dangerous. Now, it probably hurts for a few seconds, I don't pay much attention to it and my day goes on just fine thereafter. I've gone nearly 2 weeks at one point without experiencing any symptoms whatsoever.

To take it a step further ( I'm an engineer ), I went to the point of logging my pain intensity vs the food I eat, the exercise I get and the amount of sleep I'm able to have the prior night. And all I see now is, more exercise, 7.5+ hours of sleep at night, regular meals with little or no processed food have been the most ideal factors towards reducing the symptoms.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”