Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

how to approach treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Coconut

how to approach treatment

Post by Coconut »

Good evening guys, little bit of background I had h pylori age 17. Was given the first round of treatment(PREVPAC). The doctor pacifically told me that it would go away and never got asked to be tested after a month post medication.
I still had the severe symptoms to the point he just said I had IBS.
Age 19 I want back to a new GI he did a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Turns out H pylori never went away.
Did my second round of treatment. If my memory recalls the pills that I got came with a blue plastic case. Same reason he never did a test after completing the antibiotics.
Couple things about me
-Up age of 23 I had a very severe food addiction and I was diabetic.(tried natural medication but the food addiction never really went away)
I honestly never ate a proper diet and had vitamin D and B 12 deficiency.
I also had a very stressful house environment and was bullied
Now age 26: I pretty much only have stress IBS eat extremely balanced diet, exercise and sleep pretty well
(Lost 70 pounds) unfortunately I had a very strong acid reflex case. Went to a new GI. he did a endoscopy and give me acid reflex medication. I never went back for my results because my acid reflex just want away. About a month ago my brother found out he had it so I forced myself to get the results. Turns out it’s still there !!!
For about three years Did not have any symptoms. I spoke to my new doctor and he really wanted to try very expensive combination antibiotics Pylera. My insurance denied it but they were OK with separating all three medications lol I know .
so starting tomorrow I’m gonna be on my antibiotic course plus Omeprazole
I plan to increase my VSL 3 1x to 4x
Take design for health G.I. reversal 1x
Designs for Health - GastroMend HP with VSL 3
Question is how do I space it out? With so many pills at different times of day
Plus any helpful tips diet and recommendations
Thank you so much and I do apologize for the grammar.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: how to approach treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

First of all, sounds like a good thing that you adjusted your diet and got into exercise. that probably helped with suppressing your gastric symptoms as you are getting healthier.

The idea of having multiple drugs and spacing them out is so that your body is constantly having high dose of antibiotics to kill of H. pylori. You'll have to put a timer or one of those pill box to remind you to take the drugs evenly throughout the day.

there is no guideline to what food to eat during or after the treatment, except for alcohol. No alcohol during treatment. So, continue your normal diet and exercise.

Coconut

Post by Coconut »

First of all I would like to thank you for responding ,
I'm not concerned about the antibiotics, I just don't know how to space out the probiotics and the other supplements . I'm not sure if I should take the probiotic with the antibiotic , two hours before or after .
I am taking visl3 4x capsules each have 112.5 billion

katanauk

Post by katanauk »

Thanks for sharing your post.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

most important is the antibiotics that get spaced out. the probiotics... doesnt really matter. they get killed anyway. it'll be frightening if there is antibiotic resistant probiotics.

However, it doesnt meant that the probiotics wont have any affect. Probiotics are known to carry anti-bacterial agents. so, even if they were killed by the antibiotics, they will still release the anti-bacterial agents to prevent other bad bacteria to grow.

So, take the probiotics whenever you want. There is no guideline how to take probiotics or other supplements.

Coconut

Post by Coconut »

Thanks for the info, I realize i took pylera at age 19. The blue case was really bothering me . I googled it and I did see the blue case .i'm actually afraid that this might be resistant, but I did have shitty diet and lifestyle

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Pylera is pretty hard to get resistant to. anyway, let's hope that your current treatment will work. do keep us posted with your side effects and how you deal with it.

Coconut

Post by Coconut »

Will definitely do . Another question
How do you feel about mastic gum? it’s in GastroMend do you think it’s a good idea to take it during the antibiotic course
Same question about GI revive

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can take mastic gum concurrently with your antibiotics. it may ease your symptoms (or side effect). But it has no impact on H. pylori. Only antibiotics kill H. pylori.

Coconut

Post by Coconut »

Hi everyone, I finished my treatment yesterday
It was one hell of a ride
I avoided eating heavily , mostly snacked
Avoided milk and yogurt but I did have butter in my steel cut oatmeal
Vomiting only happened once, belching and mild nausea were very common for me . For the first few days I did have diarrhea for the headaches I drank at least 3-4 L of water so I really didn’t have a headaches at all
My medical medication schedule was first 12-1pm
5-6pm and 9-10pm and the 4th pink pink before bed

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”