Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My H. Pylori Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Imrankhalid

Re: My H. Pylori Story

Post by Imrankhalid »

Yes sure. Appreciate your response Helico_expert.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Hi Helico_expert,

Just an update on my current situation. I am off the antibiotics for 10 days now (metronide, cipro, esomeprazole and carafate 14 days course) and don't feel much improvement in my symptoms. I still tend to get gnawing pains during the day and it feels the inflammation and general discomfort is still there with occasional burping and bloating.

I also noticed during the treatment a burden and heavy feeling while emptying the bowl. I don't know if its just me but since I stopped antibiotics it got better though stool color is bit tarry. I am on vegeterian diet with rice, honey and berries. I am due for my UBT in two weeks time but I am just anxious if the bacteria is still present and making me feel this way. I am hoping to get to know if I can do the next UBT after 3 weeks of finishing the antibiotics and ppi?

Appreciate your advice and insights on my current situation.

Many thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

worrying is not going to help the situation. you just need to know that if you treat it systematically, eventually you'll get rid of it.
3 weeks waiting period without PPI and antibiotics is enough for follow up breath/stool test.

Remember, even if it failed, we have other treatment choice. Only when there is no H. pylori in your system, you can gradually heal.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Thanks for your response Helico_Expert. Think you are right. I need to be patient, go with the flow and wait for the next UBT results. I will let you know how it goes. Many thanks

Full_Regalia

Post by Full_Regalia »

Update on my case. I’ve been found negative to H Pylori breath test 4 weeks after antibiotics and 2 weeks off PPI. My situation is gradually improving

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

That's great news.
Appreciate your update here.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:23 am
Hi,

worrying is not going to help the situation. you just need to know that if you treat it systematically, eventually you'll get rid of it.
3 weeks waiting period without PPI and antibiotics is enough for follow up breath/stool test.

Remember, even if it failed, we have other treatment choice. Only when there is no H. pylori in your system, you can gradually heal.
Hi Helico_expert,

Just an update. I have done my UBT yesterday almost 3 weeks after finishing antibiotics and PPI. Though I still have symptoms. Really hoping for good news. Will update you soon. Thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

All the best to your test result.

If your result is negative, it's normal to have the symptoms persist. Healing doesnt happened overnight. So your symptoms should gradually improve.

If you result is positive, that explains your symptoms. Then go to your doctor and try another set of antibiotics.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Thanks very much Helico_expert. Fingers crossed!

bluegenes

Re: My (fiancé's) H. Pylori Story

Post by bluegenes »

My fiancé (48/M) has been recently diagnosed with HP and started yesterday on quad therapy of Clarithromycin 500g, Pantoprazole 40mg, Amoxicillin 1g, de-nol (bismuth) 120mg.

In a gist:
Symptoms started 24/01/2021, tested positive through endoscopy on 23/02/2021.
-Edema (bigger swollen eyebags - this prompted him to have a check up)
-Waking up every night around 0330-0400H
-Heart palpitations, discomfort/pain on right upper abdomen
-Heavy breathing and dizziness
-High Blood Pressure 140/90 an hour ago, took half of pill of Captopril 25mg BP is now 120/80

Has been eating only soup and veggies or puree of veggies and chicken from early 02/2021 until 24/02/2021 and has lost 6kg from the past month.

Since confirmation of HP, he has started to eat normally and his morale improved because of this.

Other details/Timeline:

Early January 2021 Loss of appetite and stomach pain (upper left side)

24/01/2021 Rushed to Emergency due to pain in upper left abdomen (under the ribcage), weakness, heart palpitation and dizziness. BP came out normal 110/80 but heart beat abnormal. (He attributes this to ging back and forth to his car and to emergency as he left his mask in the car.)

Was prescribed Nolpaza /Pantoprazole + Creon 10 days.

26/01/2021 Checkup with Cardio, found mild change in myocardium.

27/01/2021 Appetite improved from taking Nolpaza/ Pantoprazole + Creon and started eating normally again.

03/02/2021 Finished the 10 day course with Nolpaza/Pantoprazole. He felt very good, like normal, ate normally, no symptoms.

06/02/2021 Symptoms return - Waking up at 0330-0400H for no reason, stomach pain, loss of appetite. Tried to eat normally but there was sharp pain after eating. Self medicated with No-Spa (Drotaverine) 40g to relieve pain.

07/02/2021 Started out on soft food /clear soup diet.

22/02/2021 Colonoscopy and had polyps taken out. Discharged same day and advised not to do any heavy physical activities for the next 7 days.

23/02/2021 Checkup with Gastroenterologist (tested positive HP)
Went for a grocery run after (it was walking distance from the clinic) and suddenly became lightheaded and weak, had to sit him down in a Cafe, fed him tea and biscuits. Paramedics came to check his BP, ECG both normal, gave him a shot of caffeine. After two hours, albeit still weak, he was able to drive home. (Is it because he fasted before colonoscopy and only had oatmeal for breakfast? Or is it HP?)

26/02/2021 Started on Triple Therapy

From what I gather there is no special diet for HP, he can eat any thing? He stopped drinking alcohol. Can he drink vitamins (prior to symptoms he was drinking Vit C/D3/Zinc)?

Will the triple therapy lower his immune system? I'm concerned about Covid19. He wears mask all the time and practices good hygiene.

Would I be likely to be infected as well? We've been together for close to six years.

Thank you for your time, Doctor.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”