Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My H. Pylori Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Gturner

Re: My H. Pylori Story

Post by Gturner »

The clarithromycin from 3 x day to 2 x day. But side effects were so bad i thought i would be hospitalized if i continued. I have s history of svt.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

generally we would encourage patients to finish the antibiotics if the side effect is mild.
patient will have to stop antibiotics if the side effect is too severe. such as vomit, rashes, cant wake up from bed, difficulty walking, breathing, etc.

clarithromycin is usually quite safe. talk to your doctor about your concern.

Gturner

Post by Gturner »

Spoke to my naturopath and she is now recommending candibactin ar/br with some pther supplements what are your thoughts on this its by metagenics.

bluegenes

Post by bluegenes »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm
Is he on standard triple therapy? if he is, i dont think it's the side effect of the antibiotics. If he is on quadruple therapy, which antibiotics are he taking at the moment?

I think irregular heart beat is not a common side effect of the antibiotics. Anyway, seeing a cardiologist is a good idea.
Hello!

I'm back.

It's July and my fiancé has still tested positive for HP. (stool test)

He took a second opinion and this second GI advised him to take Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin and Pantoprazole for 10 days instead of 14 days (as prescribed by first doctor).

Day 2 of triple therapy and so far (knock on wood) no adverse symptoms like the first one, albeit some weird taste in his mouth after drinking the medicine. (which is expected)

His question is, is it ok to drink all three pills on one go or should there be a gap in between pills? He would drink pills with 15mins gap between pills as he was not sure if he could drink all three in one time (like one would drink vitamins). Does putting a gap between drinking pills make a difference?

Thank you for the feedback.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

There is no difference taking the pill all at once or separately.
Most important is to spread out the time evenly when taking the pills. For example. if Amoxicillin is asked to take 3 times a day, then take it every 8 hours. If Clarithromycin is asked to take 2 times a day, then take it every 12 hours.

This is to make sure that the concentration of the antibiotics are maintained in the blood stream.

Marky

Post by Marky »

Hi there my helicobacter story started about 8 months I think. It all started when I was getting random left side chest pain which would come and go so I started to change my diet to see if that helped but it didn't. Then the pains started more frequently with nausea also starting. Then the tiredness started just feeling completely drained everyday. I was missing days of work here and there since August I was off nearly 10 days which is not normal for me. The chest pains started to be there everyday until one night I went to A&E thinking it was my heart but told me everything looked normal. So I went to the doctor s next day which he sent me for blood tests and stool sample but had wait three weeks. So in-between I was back at another doctor with pain he sent me for an ultrasound of my chest and chest x-ray all come back normal as well also booked me in for an endoscopy. Eventually bloods come back all clear but I tested positive of helicobacter pylori so was put on triple therapy for 7 days. I felt like death ( got severe back pain and left and right side chest pain) when on the antibiotics had to take full week off work but I finished the course properly. I was then still on lansopraszole after treatment felt a bit better but not my self symptoms eased a bit but still there.Then about 3 weeks after treatment I went for endoscope test (3 weeks ago today) and she said as soon as she went into my stomach she could see the helicobacter my stomach was full of it. Does that mean I still am infected? My chest pain started come back and feeling bad again what should I do ? Is it normal to feel like the pain is coming from heart area? I'm really worried about this pain and it is constant nagging sometimes sharp pain it's getting me really down and effecting my life massively. Pain can be in my back as well both sides, and chest pain both sides as well is this normal? Sorry for long story but I'm really lost what to do was so glad find this forum.

aki1871

Post by aki1871 »

Marky wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 am
Hi there my helicobacter story started about 8 months I think. It all started when I was getting random left side chest pain which would come and go so I started to change my diet to see if that helped but it didn't. Then the pains started more frequently with nausea also starting. Then the tiredness started just feeling completely drained everyday. I was missing days of work here and there since August I was off nearly 10 days which is not normal for me. The chest pains started to be there everyday until one night I went to A&E thinking it was my heart but told me everything looked normal. So I went to the doctor s next day which he sent me for blood tests and stool sample but had wait three weeks. So in-between I was back at another doctor with pain he sent me for an ultrasound of my chest and chest x-ray all come back normal as well also booked me in for an endoscopy. Eventually bloods come back all clear but I tested positive of helicobacter pylori so was put on triple therapy for 7 days. I felt like death ( got severe back pain and left and right side chest pain) when on the antibiotics had to take full week off work but I finished the course properly. I was then still on lansopraszole after treatment felt a bit better but not my self symptoms eased a bit but still there.Then about 3 weeks after treatment I went for endoscope test (3 weeks ago today) and she said as soon as she went into my stomach she could see the helicobacter my stomach was full of it. Does that mean I still am infected? My chest pain started come back and feeling bad again what should I do ? Is it normal to feel like the pain is coming from heart area? I'm really worried about this pain and it is constant nagging sometimes sharp pain it's getting me really down and effecting my life massively. Pain can be in my back as well both sides, and chest pain both sides as well is this normal? Sorry for long story but I'm really lost what to do was so glad find this forum.
If endoscopy test is positive, then you are infected for sure

What therapy you used for 7 days?

Did you make stool or breath test?

Marky

Post by Marky »

aki1871 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 am
Marky wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 am
If endoscopy test is positive, then you are infected for sure

What therapy you used for 7 days?

Did you make stool or breath test?
That's what I was thinking if it was still visible in my stomach three weeks after taking amoxicillin, metrazprazole, omeprazloe triple therapy. Does helicobacter cause this much constant pain?A stool test came back positive for helicobacter but that was at start of October when that test was taken. I'm currently on emsopezarole they put me on that after my endoscopy told they were better than the lansopraszole that I was taking.

aki1871

Post by aki1871 »

metrazprazole?
Can you check again if this is correct name

Marky

Post by Marky »

Sorry it was metroindazole

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”