Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My H. Pylori Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My H. Pylori Story

Post by Helico_expert »

Sounds like good news. Looking forward to hearing your updates.

Full_Regalia

Post by Full_Regalia »

I had a flare up today. I woke up around midnight super hungry without any symptoms so I ate a very light snack but it didn’t settle well with me and couldn’t fall asleep again. A mild epigastric discomfort formed and stayed till morning which it then subsided. I had a small breakfast and it went ok but then the mild epigastric discomfort returned and wouldn’t go but by noon i was so hungry and ate my lunch on top of the discomfort! After an hour i felt the acid rushing all over my stomach and I proceeded to drink Maalox which calmed it. I developed a mild heartburn …. I tried eating a small piece of break 5 hours later but also felt the acid and had to take again maalox to calm donw. I decided to take ppi for 2 days now and see how things go.
My breath test is on the 8 of feb

This is so sad, i was doing more or less fine for the last 4 days

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sounds normal. it's common to have flare up once a while. You should notice the frequency of "episodes" reduce gradually while you are recovering.

Please make sure you are free of H. pylori, otherwise you are just waiting for the recovery that will never come.

Full_Regalia

Post by Full_Regalia »

Thanks Helico-expert
Should i bring forward my breath test for HP?
I finished my antibiotics course on the 11th jan and my breath test is scheduled for the 8th feb, 4 weeks later.
Shall I bring it forward 1 week and make it on the 1st of Feb instead ?
This will allow to know earlier if I got rid of HP

I am off PPI since 15th jan and just took 1 pill yesterday and have no intentions of taking anymore

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

2 weeks is the minimum wait. The longer you wait, the lower chance for false negative.

The tests rely on the bacteria load. So you need to give time for the survivals to build up numbers.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico Expert

You had shared a document on this forum (which I cant find now) which said minimum wait period for PPI is 7 days. Is that correct?

Also in the UK we are told that even H2 blockers needs to be stopped for 2 weeks prior to the test.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Please find the guide to how to use UBT here.

https://helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

You dont need to wait 2 weeks for H2 blockers.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Yes. But the same document say only 7 days waiting for PPI to clear instead of 14 days. Is that correct?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I would say 7 days is really the lowest limit for very urgent case. Otherwise, the longer you wait, the more H. pylori will grow, the more accurate the test will be.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Update on my case. After having first line treatment i started to feel better and was all good for almost 2 months before the same symptoms of Hpylori started to surface again. My mistake was not to get retested after completion of first line treatment. So got tested again with high level of hpylori infection 2900 which obviously did not flush out with the first line treatment. I am on second line treatment as below for almost 5 days

Ciprofloxacin 500mg BD for 7 days
Esomeprazole 20mg BD for 14 days
Carafate 1g BD for 14 days
Metronide 400mg TD for 14 days

but still having symptoms like gnawing pains in the upper stomach, unsettled stool and bloating and burping. Can you please advise if the above treatment plan sounds good or any advice on diet? I am mostly taking veggies, flat bread with Manuka honey and fruits like banana, apple, berries and watermelon.

Many thanks,
Imran

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”