Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My H. Pylori Story

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My H. Pylori Story

Post by Helico_expert »

Thanks for sharing the detail story.
From what I gather there is no special diet for HP, he can eat any thing? He stopped drinking alcohol. Can he drink vitamins (prior to symptoms he was drinking Vit C/D3/Zinc)?

Will the triple therapy lower his immune system? I'm concerned about Covid19. He wears mask all the time and practices good hygiene.

Would I be likely to be infected as well? We've been together for close to six years.
He can eat anything he wants.
Triple therapy will not lower immune response.
it is better that you get a breath test done to be sure. if you are positive, get rid of it, so you wont reinfect him.

bluegenes

Post by bluegenes »

Thank you Helico_expert!

It's day 4 of treatment. Yesterday we were out all day without any incident.

This morning (again waking up around 0400H), Fiancé is complaining of "annoying" discomfort /pain around heart area - pinching that comes and goes. When he checks his BP, it's normal... but he feels like the heart beat is irregular (I'm not sure what he meant by that but he describes heartbeat so loud /strong that he can feel it in his throat. When he breathes, he feels his heart beat as well... Does this make sense to you? )

Can HP cause that? Is it the quad therapy/medicines causing these to his heart? Because of this, he wants to stop medication for fear that the quad therapy is affecting his heart. I asked if he feels pain radiating to his arm or neck/jaw (as it would be if heart attack) but he said no. It's quite difficult to distinguish gas/heart burn/heart attack.

I have yet to see anyone with similar symptoms (heart pressure/discomfort) that correlates to HP/quad therapy but i could've missed out on a post.

He plans on booking again an appointment with a cardiologist, and I insisted that he stick to his quad therapy.

In the meantime, your feedback is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Is he on standard triple therapy? if he is, i dont think it's the side effect of the antibiotics. If he is on quadruple therapy, which antibiotics are he taking at the moment?

I think irregular heart beat is not a common side effect of the antibiotics. Anyway, seeing a cardiologist is a good idea.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 am
All the best to your test result.

If your result is negative, it's normal to have the symptoms persist. Healing doesnt happened overnight. So your symptoms should gradually improve.

If you result is positive, that explains your symptoms. Then go to your doctor and try another set of antibiotics.
Hi Helico_expert,

An update on my UBT test result below:

14c excess at 10 mins: 13
UBT Result: Negative

Doctor confirmed that its negative, and I am free from H pylori, which is great news. I did mention the doctor that I have burning pains, reflux and burping at times during the day. He said to be careful with diet and go easy. No fried food, citrus, spicy food, tea and coffe for next couple of months. He is also going to advise me a medication for symptoms which I will share with you once I have the prescription.

Do you think I may still need to do a UBT in a months time to make sure that h pylori is really eradicated?

Many thanks for your insights.
Imran

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

assuming 50 dpm is the cut off value and you got 13. That's pretty low and i believe you are truly negative of H. pylori.
There is no need another breath test unless your symptoms persist for more than 3 months. Then you can do another breath test to check.

meanwhile, you can take some PPI to control your reflux symptoms.

Imrankhalid

Post by Imrankhalid »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 pm
assuming 50 dpm is the cut off value and you got 13. That's pretty low and i believe you are truly negative of H. pylori.
There is no need another breath test unless your symptoms persist for more than 3 months. Then you can do another breath test to check.

meanwhile, you can take some PPI to control your reflux symptoms.
Thanks Helico_expert. Yes on the report it says anything less than 49 is negative. Really happy and relieved to be able to eradicate the h pylori.

I am truly thankful to all the people who have shared their stories and situation which is really helpful in relating our own situation and helps stay positive.

Last but not least, many thanks to Helico_expert for continous support and guidance. You are a STAR. I wish everyone on this platform a very smooth and quick recovery from the sufferings of this dreadful bug.

Cheers

Gturner

Post by Gturner »

Hello im 5 days in of antibiotic and ppi was wandering if i can take a food enzyme with meals along with antibiotic. Also, was
Also positive for candida and was told to treat h pylori first and then tackle candida

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yup. you can take your food enzyme with antibiotics.

yup. it's ok to treat H. pylori first, then Candida.

Gturner

Post by Gturner »

Thanks however i am suffering serious side effects from the treatment insomnia, irregular heartbeat, diarrhea, weight loss and she wants me to decrease the dose. Will this deter erradication of the h pylori

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

decrease the dose of what?

wouldnt recommend to decrease dose of PPI and antibiotics as H. pylori gets resistance very quickly. You need to kill it once and for all. once they become resistance, then you'll need even stronger antibiotics that usually come with worse side effects.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”