Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Mastic gum burn!!!!

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

tootsieroll

Mastic gum burn!!!!

Post by tootsieroll »

Hi all! I am new here. I was wondering why each time I try mastic gum in any method I get heartburn or stomach upset. I don’t see this as a common complaint. Usually people say they feel nothing stomach wise or they feel relief. I initially took it as tears and chewed and swallowed it. That gave a burn after few attempts and thought maybe powder would be less irritating. Same burn and also caused issues with my SIBO and the fact that I lack a mobile gut. My migrating motor complex was affected after I was floxed by antibiotics. So I recently resorted to just chewing the mastic gum and not swallowing the product. Just allow my saliva to carry whatever I could extract from chewing. Again the heartburn!! Why is this?? I don’t want to give up on it since I do see it is loosening some of the plaqued on white stuff on my tongue. Is it too volatile for my stomach? Is this die off? Is it common to feel this? How am I to continue if there’s this effect. I can’t use any antacids due to SIBO, so there’s no relief from this pain/GERD if I move forward with Mastic gum. I have mastic gum oil coming in and afraid how that would affect me. I decided on oil cause the resin is too tough on my stagnant digestive tract. Thanks for reading!

PS….just realized after chewing mastic gum, my throat is semi-irritated. Does this mean h.pylori on my throat is also being killed off? I hope this is the reason and NOT because mastic gum itself doesn’t agree with me.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Mastic gum burn!!!!

Post by Helico_expert »

hmm.. i am not too sure. Perhaps you are sensitive (or allergic) to mastic gum?

tootsieroll

Post by tootsieroll »

Thanks for the reply. I hope that’s not the case as that would be disappointing :cry: I wonder what happens when h.pylori dies and my stomach starts to release acid again. What if lining is inflamed? Will it not revert to normal? Will acid only normalize once lining is healed? I’m experiencing major die-off from Mastic gum, besides the irritated stomach, in the form of loose stool. Thankfully, some of my gut distension is going down. I don’t know how to juggle the possibility that Mastic is causing pain and healing me at the same time.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

when your stomach is no longer inflamed, there is a chance of going back to normal.
H. pylori is the main reason for stomach lining inflammation. However, it's not the only causative agent.
Some food sensitivity can cause stomach lining inflammation too.
If mastic gum is causing you trouble, you should stop using it.
besides, mastic gum is not the ideal method to kill off H. pylori. You need to see a doctor and get antibiotics to get rid of H. pylori.

tootsieroll

Post by tootsieroll »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:07 am
when your stomach is no longer inflamed, there is a chance of going back to normal.
H. pylori is the main reason for stomach lining inflammation. However, it's not the only causative agent.
Some food sensitivity can cause stomach lining inflammation too.
If mastic gum is causing you trouble, you should stop using it.
besides, mastic gum is not the ideal method to kill off H. pylori. You need to see a doctor and get antibiotics to get rid of H. pylori.
Oh that’s surprising! Why is it considered not ideal? Has it not been successful here on this board? Does it depend on strain of H.Pylori? I wonder if dosage is relevant. Thanks!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the success rate of mastic gum eradicating H. pylori is just too unpredictable.
it has been claimed that it worked on some people but failed in most of the cases.

Here is a clinical trial done in 2010
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19879118/

Here is the abstract and I highlighted the last sentence.
Our aim was to study the effect of pure mastic gum on Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication in patients suffering from an H. pylori infection Fifty two patients were randomized to receive either 350mg three times a day (tid) of pure mastic gum for 14 days (Group A), or 1,05g tid of pure mastic gum (Group B) for 14 days, or pantoprazole 20mg twice a day (bd) plus pure mastic gum 350mg tid for 14 days (Group C) or pantoprazole 20mg bd plus amoxicillin 1g bd plus clarithromycin 500mg bd for 10 days (Group D). All patients harboured H. pylori before entering the study and that was confirmed by a (13)C urea breath test (UBT). H. pylori eradication was tested by a UBT 5 weeks after completion of the eradication regime. Eradication of H. pylori was confirmed in 4/13 patients in Group A and in 5/13 in Grour B. No patient in Group C achieved eradication whereas 10/13 patients in Group D had a negative UBT. There were no statistically significant differences in mean UBT values in Groups A, B, C although there was a trend in Group A (p=0.08) and in Group B (p=0.064). The difference was significant in Group D (p=0.01). All patients tolerated mastic gum well and no serious adverse events were reported. Mastic gum has bactericidal activity on H. pylori in vivo.

tootsieroll

Post by tootsieroll »

Thank you! I have much reading to do. I will press on with the mastic gum and bail if the burn returns. I’ll update with results.

ronaldo99

Post by ronaldo99 »

I think this occurs due to the increased Stomach Acid. Mastic gum may stimulate the production of stomach acid in some people,fnf leading to heartburn and stomach discomfort.

larryellison11

Post by larryellison11 »

Your stomach has a problem. Or you are too sensitive to the ingredients of mastic gum geometry dash bloodbath

paulhenge

Post by paulhenge »

If you are allergic to the candy's ingredients or the first time you use it, you will have unexpected reactions bad ice cream

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”