Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Post treatment and healing

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Hpuk

Post treatment and healing

Post by Hpuk »

Hi Helico_expert,

You told me to let you know how I get on. So after my second round of antibiotics I did a stool test 3 weeks after (was advised by Gp to) thought it was a bit odd as usually everywhere I read you should wait 4 weeks.

Regardless I tested negative normal stool sample (bit worried if it is false positive).

Anyways I still have inflammation from h pylori damage and looking to solve this issue. I have read from other forums of people taking Dgl liquorice, Slippery elm, aloe Vera which is supposed to coat the stomach lining to help it heal.

I also was wondering should I take a ppi once a day or twice a day to try and heal.

Any foods to avoid?

Are these supplements useful and what would be the best protocol?

Thank you for taking the time to help me, it's greatly appreciated

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Post treatment and healing

Post by Helico_expert »

I tested negative normal stool sample
seems like your treatment is successful.
Most importantly is to get rid of H. pylori and the inflammation will gradually reduce.
Unfortunately the healing is subjective to the severity of the damage done by H. pylori. Some people recover within weeks, some take months, and some take years.
In general, the younger you are, the better the recovery.

When you are free of H. pylori, you can eat whatever you want that make you feel good.
You can try Dgl liquorice, Slippery elm, aloe Vera and etc, and if you feel that it's helpful, just continue until you think it's enough.

I normally just go for mint tea. But what works for me may not be working for you. So you will need to do a bit of experiment on it to find out the best strategy for you.

Hpuk

Post by Hpuk »

Brilliant, thank you for all the help. Without your guidance and expertise to change the ppi and take it 3 times a day, combined with pepto bismol I don't think I would have got this far. You guys do all this work for free to help people across the world that are struggling in their daily lives, and for this we are all grateful even if we can't tell you in person. Hopefully I recover soon, and good health all on here!

Selesele

Post by Selesele »

Pozdrav
Prosla sam trojnu terapiju koja mi je bila uzasna. Osjecala sam se gore dok sam je pila vec prije nje. Terapija je trajala 10 dana. Poslije terapije sam nastavila piti PPI i vitamin c i Osjecala sam se jos gore nego pod terapijom. Dok sam pila terapiju dokt mi je rekla da pijem ulje od curukota, tako sam ga nastavila piti i dalje. U razgovoru sa jednom prijateljicom mi je rekla da mi je i ulje i PPI i vitamin c tesko za zeludac
Je li to normalno i da li je neko imao slicno iskustvo
I osjeca se strasno umorno i bezvoljno. Cekam jos 10 dana pa da radim test na stolicu
Hvala svima koji procita ju i daju mi neki savjet

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Google Translation
Greeting
I went through triple therapy which was horrible for me. I felt worse as I drank it before. The therapy lasted 10 days. After the therapy I continued to drink PPI and vitamin c and I felt even worse than under the therapy. While I was drinking the therapy, the doctor told me to drink curukot oil, so I continued to drink it. In a conversation with a friend, she told me that both oil and PPI and vitamin c are hard for my stomach
Is that normal and has anyone had a similar experience
And he feels terribly tired and listless. I'm waiting another 10 days to do a stool test
Thanks to everyone who reads it and gives me some advice
Hi, Thanks for sharing your story here. I just want to point out that you cannot do breath/stool test when you are on PPI. You'll need to stop PPI for at least 2 weeks before breath/stool test. Although there is no guideline to herbs, such as curukot oil, and breath/stool test, if you think they can reduce bacterial load, you should stop it for at least 2 weeks too.

if you are experiencing bad reflux and rely on PPI, then you can ask your doctor for H2 blockers, such as ranitidine. You can continue any H2 blockers until the night before the breath/stool test.

In general, herbs and probiotics are usually harmless and therefore it's ok to take them before, during, or after the treatment. If you think they help relief your symptoms, go ahead and continue. If you dont feel any difference, then stop and look for alternative.

Google Translate

Pozdrav, hvala što ste podijelili svoju priču ovdje. Samo želim istaknuti da ne možete raditi test daha/stolice kada ste na PPI. Morat ćete prekinuti PPI najmanje 2 tjedna prije testa daha/stolice. Iako ne postoje smjernice za ljekovito bilje, kao što je ulje kurukota i test zadaha/stolice, ako mislite da mogu smanjiti bakterijsko opterećenje, trebali biste ga također prekinuti na najmanje 2 tjedna.

ako imate loš refluks i oslanjate se na PPI, tada možete zatražiti od svog liječnika H2 blokatore, kao što je ranitidin. Možete nastaviti s bilo kojim H2 blokatorima do noći prije testa daha/stolice.

Općenito, biljke i probiotici su obično bezopasni i stoga ih je u redu uzimati prije, tijekom ili nakon tretmana. Ako mislite da vam pomažu u ublažavanju simptoma, samo naprijed. Ako ne osjećate nikakvu razliku, stanite i potražite alternativu.

Selesele

Post by Selesele »

Prekinula sam sa PPI vec nekih 10 dana i sacekacu jos 10 dana, ne pijem ni vitamin c, sad cu prestati i ulje od crnog kima, najveći problem sto mi se desi sad je taj neki kamen koji mi se desi poslije obroka

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Google Translate
I stopped taking PPI for about 10 days and I will wait another 10 days, I don't drink vitamin C, now I will stop black cumin oil, the biggest problem that happens to me now is that some stone that happens to me after a meal
Good if you can stop the black cumin oil and PPI for another 10 days. Vitamin C is fine if you want to continue. It helps with the recovery.
It's interesting that you mentioned stone.. what kind of stone? gall bladder stone?

Google Translate

Dobro ako možete zaustaviti ulje crnog kima i PPI još 10 dana. Vitamin C je u redu ako želite da nastavite. Pomaže u oporavku.
Zanimljivo da ste spomenuli kamen.. kakav kamen? kamen u žučnoj kesi?

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

When you are free of H. pylori, you can eat whatever you want that make you feel good.

Though after abx I tested negative twice at UBT, but as still after 6 months I have all of my symptoms, I am confused about the UBT result. So, regarding your above-mentioned comments, I want to know if I am still positive, what food I should avoid? Can I take sweet fruits like banana, papaya, apple, dates, watermelon and honey, date molasses etc. I am avoiding all foods with refined and artificial sugar but what about foods with natural sugar? As people used to say even fruits sugar feeds h pylori. Can u please share your kind opinion about this.

Right now I am taking bland diet with ppi and domperidon for symptoms solution.
I finished my 2nd abx at 9th sep, 2021.

Abubakar

Post by Abubakar »

Hello helico expert... Waiting for your kind reply about my aforementioned query.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hello helico expert... Waiting for your kind reply about my aforementioned query.
I am sorry, what was your question?

is it about diet after H. pylori treatment?
if so, then yes you can have whatever you want after H. pylori treatment. As long as you are free of H. pylori, your symptoms should gradually improve. There are some cases where the symptoms can persist. If the damage is permanent, then you'll have to find ways to help with the symptoms.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”