Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Post Treatment Question

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Post Treatment Question

Post by Helico_expert »

In general, the longer you take the antibiotics, the more side effects you will experience.

7 days is like 90% cure rate, 10 days is like 93%, 14 days is like 95% (all made up numbers)
so some doctors asked, is it clinical significant to give more days of antibiotics?

in terms of "recovery". it will depend on the severity of the damage done by H. pylori. Usually young people recover faster than older people.

Sham37

Post by Sham37 »

Thank you for replying
I’m 37 years old but have had these symptoms for 11 months so not sure how much damage the h pylori has done. I will ask for a retest after 4 weeks.

Had another terrible night sleep with inflammation and brain fog.
Thought by now I would start to heal. Have this white coating on my tongue too. Can you have a white tongue with h pylori or is this a sign of candida? If h pylori how long does it take for the white coating to go?

Do I need to give it more time or should I go back to my GP?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

some people can experience fungus infection after heavy antibiotics.

If the fungus persisted, you can go back to your GP for anti fungal treatment.

37 yr old is still young. You should have good recovery. So make sure you get your follow up breath test done to make sure you are clear of HP.

Sham37

Post by Sham37 »

Thank you so much for your response
This forum is of great help for people suffering with this infection
:)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori is associated with low iron. It has been reported many times that after H. pylori eradication, the iron level comes back.

Sham37

Post by Sham37 »

Hi I am on day 13 after antibiotics. Symptoms are subsiding as time passed but currently still have mild gastritis. Each time I eat something sweet it set off the symptoms. I am trying to eat a balanced diet and take probiotics every day too. The white coating on my tongue is still there so I am going to ask my GP for some anti fungus medication. Do you think this is ok before I get retested for h pylori or should I wait until after the test to ensure that h pylori has been eradicated and then ask for something?

Sham37

Post by Sham37 »

Also some people have suggested that maybe I should try grapefruit seed extract and berberine. Is this recommended or should I stick to antibiotics?

Brownchikano

Post by Brownchikano »

Do not stop antibiotics treatment, or skip a day.
H pylori can build resistance to them if you don't finish them making it harder to eradicate.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it's ok to take anti fungal or grapefruit seed extract and berberine. But to be sure, it is better to wait one month after you stop all these treatment, then go for the breath/stool test to confirm the HP treatment.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”