Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

deadlyc

Re: H Pylori

Post by deadlyc »

I called the doctor office and they prescribed me another 5 days supply of Amoxicillin and also the 20mg Omeprazole to take twice a day.

I can buy Pepto Bismol over the counter as it is a normal/popular medicine, so that is good news. I'm planning to get the 262 mg caplet. Do you have a recommended dosage to take for the 10 days? I'm guessing one 262 mg caplet twice daily. Thanks.

Also, does the medicine need to be taken together? Can I schedule it like this?

Amox - 4 times a day - 6 AM, noon, 6 PM, midnight
Clar and Ome- twice daily - 9AM, 9PM

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

we normally prescribe 240mg bismuth four times a day.

How to take the medicine?
you can take them together.
most importantly is the same type of medicine is spread out evenly. for example. twice a day, you can take it 9am and 9pm (every 12 hrs).

deadlyc

Post by deadlyc »

I'm on my 6th day of the therapy and haven't got any serious side effect. I did have minor stomach pain/weirdness and burp the first couple days. It seems I'm back to normal on the third day. I read that NAC could break the biofilm and that low Nickel diet will also help, so I add that to my regimen. Here is what I did so far:

I took NAC 1000 mg once a day (I think it might be better to take 600MG twice a day) and also went on a low nickel diet for 14 days before I start the antibiotic therapy.

Then I start the 10 days Quadruple Therapy and also continue to go on a low nickel diet. I also add probiotic. I took the probiotic once a day for the first 3 days, then twice daily afterward.

6 AM - Amoxicillin - 500mg, Pepto Bismol - 262mg, Omeprazole PPI - 20mg
9 PM - Probiotics
12 PM - Amoxicillin - 500mg, Pepto Bismol - 262mg, Clarithromycin - 500mg
6 PM - Amoxicillin - 500mg, Pepto Bismol - 262mg, Omeprazole PPI - 20mg
9 PM - Probiotics
12 AM - Amoxicillin - 500mg, Pepto Bismol - 262mg, Clarithromycin - 500mg

I'm planning to continue the low nickel diet for another 3 days after the therapy and also discontinue the PPI Omeprazole right after the therapy. I will probably continue taking probiotics and see how it goes. I will periodically update my status and hope this help someone.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

This looks like a good plan. do keep us posted.

Brownchikano

Post by Brownchikano »

Plotun wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:44 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Could You please explain the mechanism behind this?
The real mechanism is unknown. But the theory is that H. pylori infection can attract a lot of inflammation in the stomach. These inflammation cells are the culprit for "mass destruction" in your stomach.

When the stomach is under lots of inflammation, lots of destruction happening everywhere, the mucus producing cells get destroyed (no mucus production, hence ulcer); and the acid producing cells get destroyed (hence, less acid).

so as there is no more H. pylori, the inflammation cells gradually retreat. the cells are growing back. but there is no control how many cells of which type is growing back. it all happens randomly and then gradually your body will adjust the amount of cells of each type.

Thank You. I have an additional question.

I'm doing a retest in two weeks. Since I use olive oil when preparing meals, can this affect the test results or it's impact on tests results is negligible?

And is it possible that active h.pylori infection reflects on the number of leukocytes, increasing leukocytes in blood? Last time when I did blood tests, at the beginning of infection, I've had leukocytosis.

My WBC is not high, I'm currently taking antibiotics for h pylori.

deadlyc

Post by deadlyc »

I finished my 10 days therapy 4 days ago. I stopped taking PPI and continue to take probiotic. I have been getting mild burning sensation in my stomach and also burping an hour after I ate. I didn't encountered any noticeable symptom during the therapy. Is this because I stopped taking PPI, so the acid level rise? Or is because I have low stomach acid? I need to test this to make sure before moving forward.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You can try to continue PPI and see if that improve your symptoms.
PPI is quite safe to take.

but you will need to stop PPI for at least a month and repeat the breath/stool test to confirm your HP eradication.
Alternatively, you can switch to famotidine or any H2 blockers. They will not interfere with the follow up test. You can continue famotidine until the night before the test.

deadlyc

Post by deadlyc »

I ended up not using PPI as the symptom was minor and kind of went away after a while. I continued to take Probiotic. I still have minor burp, especially when I woke up in the morning. It is much better now.

I'm due for the breath test next week and the doctor office told me not to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth in the morning. I think it's kind of extreme. I read that brushing teeth should be fine. What do you think? Thanks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea, brushing teeth and rinsing mouth can reduce the risk of false positive.
however, the above activity will only work if you are constantly having borderline result. The theory is suggesting that the oral microbiota has contributed to the low positive result.

anyway, I am glad to hear that your condition improved.

deadlyc

Post by deadlyc »

The breath test came back negative, so that's great news. I feel mostly normal, except for minor burp here and there.

Anything else you would like to recommend? Thanks for your help!!

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”