Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Ajeeth916

Re: H Pylori

Post by Ajeeth916 »

I'll wait for the blood results and yuh I hope I don't have this bacterial infection.
Blood test for HP after treatment is probably not a good idea. Your blood test will most probably be positive for H. pylori as your immune response has memory of the bacteria. It can take months or even years for the antibody to go away.
[/quote]
@Helico_expert. But I have never been treated for H.Pylori before as far as I know. Thats why I'm waiting on my blood results. Is that not a good idea? :(

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am
Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:10 am
Is it possible that h.pylori eradication cause increased acid secretion?
Yes. as your stomach gets healthier, you can sometimes produce more acid.
Could You please explain the mechanism behind this?
The real mechanism is unknown. But the theory is that H. pylori infection can attract a lot of inflammation in the stomach. These inflammation cells are the culprit for "mass destruction" in your stomach.

When the stomach is under lots of inflammation, lots of destruction happening everywhere, the mucus producing cells get destroyed (no mucus production, hence ulcer); and the acid producing cells get destroyed (hence, less acid).

so as there is no more H. pylori, the inflammation cells gradually retreat. the cells are growing back. but there is no control how many cells of which type is growing back. it all happens randomly and then gradually your body will adjust the amount of cells of each type.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Ajeeth916 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 pm
I'll wait for the blood results and yuh I hope I don't have this bacterial infection.
Blood test for HP after treatment is probably not a good idea. Your blood test will most probably be positive for H. pylori as your immune response has memory of the bacteria. It can take months or even years for the antibody to go away.
@Helico_expert. But I have never been treated for H.Pylori before as far as I know. Thats why I'm waiting on my blood results. Is that not a good idea? :(
[/quote]

Oh.. if you had not been treated for H. pylori before, then blood test is ok.
if it is negative, then it's all good. your symptoms are because of something else.

if it is positive, i would still recommend you to do another more specific test, eg breath or stool test to double confirm.

Ajeeth916

Post by Ajeeth916 »

@Helico_expert.

Thanks for your advice.

But do I still have to confirm if the infection is current?

I mean if im positive, is there any chance that my immune system was strong enough to fight the H.Pylori by themselves before? That i might not have an infection now.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it can happen. Some people can have acute massive immune response and H. pylori is not able to colonise the stomach.

In your case, even if you had positive serology test, it is best to get another test to double confirm. There are cases where people were exposed to H. pylori before and their immune system remember.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am

Yes. as your stomach gets healthier, you can sometimes produce more acid.
Could You please explain the mechanism behind this?
The real mechanism is unknown. But the theory is that H. pylori infection can attract a lot of inflammation in the stomach. These inflammation cells are the culprit for "mass destruction" in your stomach.

When the stomach is under lots of inflammation, lots of destruction happening everywhere, the mucus producing cells get destroyed (no mucus production, hence ulcer); and the acid producing cells get destroyed (hence, less acid).

so as there is no more H. pylori, the inflammation cells gradually retreat. the cells are growing back. but there is no control how many cells of which type is growing back. it all happens randomly and then gradually your body will adjust the amount of cells of each type.

Thank You. I have an additional question.

I'm doing a retest in two weeks. Since I use olive oil when preparing meals, can this affect the test results or it's impact on tests results is negligible?

And is it possible that active h.pylori infection reflects on the number of leukocytes, increasing leukocytes in blood? Last time when I did blood tests, at the beginning of infection, I've had leukocytosis.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Olive oil is fine.

Interesting question about H. pylori and leukocytosis. I am not surprised if it does. Here is an article about it.
https://europepmc.org/article/med/32634084

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

And another one interesting fact. While I was sick from Covid 19 earlier this month I didn't feel any stomach/h.pylori related symptom at all. It appears that the GI battlefield was abandoned as immune cells fought the coronavirus.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Interesting observation!
It most probably what happened. Or perhaps because the immune system has two fronts to fight, your Covid-19 is less severe? Perhaps that's why the the developing countries have less severe Covid cases?

anyway.. this is just random ideas..

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:48 am
Interesting observation!
It most probably what happened. Or perhaps because the immune system has two fronts to fight, your Covid-19 is less severe? Perhaps that's why the the developing countries have less severe Covid cases?

anyway.. this is just random ideas..
Probably both, I'm an asthmatic too so my immune system is always overactive.

Do I have to wait 5 or 6 weeks to retest after the end of treatment (want to emphasize that this time I've used natural remedies, not antibiotics)?
In some sources I found a period of 4 weeks to be sufficient. In the last 3 weeks, I have not used PPIor any natural product, except the olive oil (You Said that olive oil is fine), that could reduce bacterial load. Do You think the stool test will be reliable in this case?

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”