Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Plotun

Re: H Pylori

Post by Plotun »

Is it possible that h.pylori eradication cause increased acid secretion?

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

This reply is for Ajeeth.

I started having h pylori symptoms in early March. I started feeling burning pain in my stomach, belching, acid reflux, bloating, and severe shortness of breath.
My gastroenterologist diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome and gerd.
I continued insisting something else was wrong so he proposed an ultrasound for my gallbladder.
I went to my primary and asked for a stool sample to get tested for h pylori. I had to do my own research and self diagnose myself sadly enough.
Unsurprisingly, it came back positive. Similar to you, I have never experienced acid reflux or gerd in my life and I'm almost 40.
I did a treatment of metronidazole, Tetracycline, ppi 2x a day, and bismuth 4x a day.
I wasnt able to tolerate metronidazole. I called the doctor about the side effect of hand numbness and burning in my hands and he told me to stop taking it but to continue with tetracycline, bismuth, and ppi. I suspected that my treatment would fail but remained quiet.
It ultimately did fail but im in a worse position now because I developed reflux esophagitis while taking tetracycline. I haven't been able to swallow solid or soft food for 3 months now.
Initially, the doctor thought I had candida on my tongue, throat and possibly stomach and gave me nystantin and baking soda rinses which further irritated my throat and thats why I can't eat food now. They did a culture and a endoscopic biopsy in my stomach, throat and mouth which was all negative. I have a white tongue now after the antibiotics but its not candida.
I take simethicone or gas x to control the burping and belching. The ppi does not suppress the gas sufficiently to stop the belching but gas x and has been helping me to recover from tightness in my throat, burning in my lower esophagis, and to stop the burping with acid reflux.
Simethicone helps me to taje a full breath because its antibloating. When I stop taking simethicone, my throat gets very tight and I burp much more. It stays tight for a few days without simethicone. Therefore, I have concluded for myself that simethicone helps to control the gas, burping, and bloating symptoms of h pylori where antacids fall short.

Ajeeth916

Post by Ajeeth916 »

Hi TinaSF,

Thank you so much for your reply and I understand you have been through a very hard time.

Are you considering any secondary treatment for H.Pylori? As its still positive.

Im 24 and Yuh I have never had acid reflux, its strange that I keep getting it most of the time now. Somedays I feel better, somedays I don't. I would have constant burning sometimes. I do not belch a lot. Its a minimal but its there. I'm getting blood test done for H.Pylori today and my doctor told if its positive we will do a quad therapy. I guess I'll have to wait patiently.

How certain are you that tetracycline gave your reflux esophagatis? I do get white tongue too but its been there with me my whole life now I think. Even my doctor thought I had candida amd thats what causing my reflux. I tried nystatin oral suspension for 2 weeks now but still no relief. Guess its not candida. I am waiting for an endoscopy appointment to see whats happening inside my body and hopefully get a biopsy for H.Pylori as well.

Have you tried taking any PPIs for acid reflux?

I hope you get better. This constant burning and bloating is so frustrating.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:10 am
Yes. as your stomach gets healthier, you can sometimes produce more acid. In fact, that's why many people have better appetite after HP eradication and gain some weight.

Ajeeth916

Post by Ajeeth916 »

@Helico_expert

Does that mean our stomach acids will be more than normal level after H.Pylori is eradicated completely.?

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

Yes, I definitely plan on doing another treatment once my throat heals. I was diagnosed by manometry with reflux esophagitis. My doctor wants my throat to heal sufficiently before attempting to start another treatment. He's right because at the moment I'm unable to swallow tablets because it requires throat contractions and muscle strength in my throat which I'm currently lacking.
I started taking prilosec 20mg, 2x a day during treatment and treatment for reflux esophagitis is prilosec 20mg, twice a day so I have stayed on prilosec since the treatment 3 1/2 months ago.
I noticed I experienced throat tightness every time I would swallow a tetracycline tablet after 1 week of taking it. I think my stomach acid got worse during treatment and prilosec 40mg a day wasn't strong enough. Tetracycline is known to cause localized acid burns in the throat so it could be it got more irritated but the irritation was already there from acid reflux. Then when they misdiagnosed me with candida and had me swish and swallow nystantin and baking soda, it burned up my throat even more and that's why my throat isn't working normally now.

TinaSF

Post by TinaSF »

You might want to try taking a good quality probiotic like Florastor in the meantime until you get your results. It might help with overall digestive health. It takes a few weeks to start working and if you do have h pylori, which I hope you don't, you'll have to be on a probiotic anyway to improve eradication rate and to help protect yourself against stomach complications from antibiotic use.

Ajeeth916

Post by Ajeeth916 »

Thanks a lot for your suggestions TinaSF. I hope your throat heals well and you get better results from your second treatment.

Yuh I talked to my doctor today and I have planned to take Mastic gum, probiotics, Manuka honey. Though these won't eradicate H.Pylori in the system, they might help the antibiotics in the eradication process.

I'll wait for the blood results and yuh I hope I don't have this bacterial infection.

Even my doctor thought I had candida and I'll finish my nystatin oral solution by this Wednesday but its not helping much.

All my symptoms seem to be very minimal expect the heartburn. I only get mild heartburn that too I'm able to manage if I drink lots of water or chew gum occasionally, but that's all temperory solution. I'm trying so hard to understand whats causing all this. I hope I get some answers from the blood results or my endoscopy. My anxiety has been an issue lately as well, and sometimes it kinda intensifies my heartburn. I could feel it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Does that mean our stomach acids will be more than normal level after H.Pylori is eradicated completely.?
probably yes. That's why some people develop reflux symptoms after HP treatment. However, majority of the population has no problem with it.

I'll wait for the blood results and yuh I hope I don't have this bacterial infection.
Blood test for HP after treatment is probably not a good idea. Your blood test will most probably be positive for H. pylori as your immune response has memory of the bacteria. It can take months or even years for the antibody to go away.

Plotun

Post by Plotun »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am
Plotun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:10 am
Yes. as your stomach gets healthier, you can sometimes produce more acid.
Could You please explain the mechanism behind this?

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”