Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

treatment advice.. help!

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

nursing19

treatment advice.. help!

Post by nursing19 »

Hi Guys! im so glad I found this because I have been really beating myself up with stress. I found out Tues. I tested positive for H. Pylori after having an endoscopy/colonoscopy. When My doctor gave me the results I really didnt know much about it so I didnt ask much questions. Now I feel like I have a million questions and when Ive tried calling my doctors office its hard to get in contact with her. to make things worse she will be out the office until Tuesday. She prescribed Pylera to take 3 pills 3 times a day for 10 days. My insurance only is covering 50% and is leaving me a high copay of $489. My pharmacist suggested splitting up the componets instead of the pack. Has anyone else tried it this way?? I cant have the prepack which is the other one my doctor recommended because im allergic to PCN. I want to get better so If i HAVE to buy the pylera I will, but if i can take the componets seperate and have the same results it would be great.
Also ive been very curious to know if this is contagious. I live with my boyfriend. Should we avoid any contact as far as kissing, etc? any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: treatment advice.. help!

Post by Helico_expert »

You have asked some very good questions.

1. Yes, you can buy the pill separately to reduce the cost. PYLERA is expensive simply because they give convenience by combining different drugs. The drugs would work the same when they are purchased separately.

2. H. pylori is not very contagious if you and your boyfriend is hygienic. eg. wash hands after toilet and brushes teeth everyday. It is best to have your boyfriend checked, just in case he infected you back later on.

lastly, try to be positive. The more you stress about it, the more symptoms you will feel.

nursing19

Post by nursing19 »

thank you so much! i went to the pharmacy today and the pharmacist dispensed Clarithromycin 500 to take 1 tab once a day and Metronizdazole 500mg also BID seperate instead of the prevpac. Along with Nexium BID. He replaced the amoxicillin with the Metronidazole due to pcn allergy. would this be the equivalent to the treatment?? I dont know if i should wait to talk to my doctor on Tuesday and confirm with her when she is back in the office or just start taking this. :?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

not good. Because metronidazole is already present in Pylera. Since Pylera failed, you are most likely resistant to metronidazole. You should add bismuth in your treatment. Bismuth can increase cure rate and can prevent C. diff complication.

nursing19

Post by nursing19 »

Thanks for response... no never took Pylera. It was prescribed at first but it was too expensive. So the pharmacists substituted for the Metronidazole and Clarithromycin... so I should also add bismuth? Also I’ve been reading some real horrible reviews about post treatment pains and complications. Should I expect to feel miserable post treatment??

acb

Post by acb »

Hi, I also took Metrodinazol instead of pcn. I also had Clarithrocin and Levofloxacin plus Pamtoprazol. I have been miserable during the treatment. You can read my post about the side effects I experienced. Was in bed for 2 weeks all along the treatment. I would advise you to take probiotics during the treatement. I took Perenterol. I manage to finish the treatment and I am really happy about it. Every sleepless treatment night, every bad moment was worth it! I have never felt so good as after the treatment. And it is getting better everday. Good luck!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

bismuth can increase cure rate. So you can ask your doctor about adding it.

the side effect is subjective. hopefully the treatment wont get too awful.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea.. most likely you are experiencing some bad side effects from the antibiotics.
Unfortunately antibiotic is the only way to get rid of H. pylori and stop further damage.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”