Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Sucralfate is hurting my teeth! Anyone used the tablet form?

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Chancery

Sucralfate is hurting my teeth! Anyone used the tablet form?

Post by Chancery »

Hi, after 2 courses of antibiotics I am now techinically H.Pylori free. However, my ulcer is just as painful as it ever was, with no improvement. I have had to return to Omeprazole and recently asked my doctor if I could try Sucralfate to help promote much-needed healing. This has been quite good, and seems to help the pain, but I have been having terrible trouble with very sore (sensitive) teeth.

Although the medicine doesn't seem to have added sugar (it lists saccharin), I have deduced from its real name (aluminim sucrose sulphate) that it is in fact naturally loaded with sugar. Any pharmacists out there know if this is the case? The tooth pain started about 2 days after taking it, and has got progressively worse; I'm sure it's the culprit.

Does anyone know if there is a sugar-free version in the UK, or is that not feasible given the composition of the drug? Failing that, has anyone used the tablet form? I opted for the oral suspension because I thought it would be better healing, but if I can avoid the tooth pain (and decay!) with the tablet form I'll try that.

Any Sucralfate stories/info much appreciated...

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Sucralfate is hurting my teeth! Anyone used the tablet f

Post by barjammar »

I'm sorry - I never heard of that. Tablet form of sucralfate would be OK, as there is no need to chew it - I am sure it dissolves very quickly in the stomach. Also, try one of those special toothpastes for sensitive teeth. :ugeek:
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Chancery

Post by Chancery »

Thanks. I've already bitten the bullet and asked my doctor to swap to tablets. I stopped taking the sucralfate a few days ago and my teeth are much improved already, so it was definitely the culprit. It's designed (and described) as "sticky", assumbaly so it will coat your stomach. I thought this was a good thing, and it probably is, but it's the equivalent of taking four big teaspoons of Golden Syrup a day, four times a day at that, with no natural 'abrasives' in the food to clean it off, since you don't eat for an hour after it. Not good.

I already use sensitive toothpaste, but I'm afraid the sucralfate rendered it useless. Lethal stuff!

halex_09

Post by halex_09 »

Hi Cahncery, I think you should consult with nearby dentist about this. I am a dentist in Manhattan Beach and once I met a client who had same problem. He told me that before coming to me, he had tried some tablets without prescription that proved harmful to his teeth.

dioxnet

Post by dioxnet »

we are all different, but I took it and am with tooth whitening (Sucralfate)
and no stitches in the teeth, but I repeat we are not equal thank god :)

rbaron

Re: Sucralfate is hurting my teeth! Anyone used the tablet form?

Post by rbaron »

I have been on Sucralfate for over 2 months now and have been suffering from tooth pain and sensitivity ever since I started taking it. I even got a bad case of gingivitis and had to get a special rinse from my dentist to finally heal it... (I brush everyday). I long suspected it was the sucralfate and looked all over the internet but I couldn't find anything until I found this post!! This seems to be exactly what I am experiencing!! This is not listed anywhere in any of the documented side-effects. I recently had some fillings done and those teeth have been UBER sore ever since!!!

I am afraid to stop the sucralfate because it has made my stomach feel so much better, but I know my ulcers are not healed because I can feel it in the morning before taking my sucralfate.

What should I do? What other ulcer medications are good?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Have you checked for H. pylori?

rbaron

Post by rbaron »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:41 am
Have you checked for H. pylori?
Yes and the results for H. Pylori come back negative.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

2 months is more than enough for an ulcer to heal.
perhaps you need to go back to your doctor and discuss if there is a need for endoscopy.

yewasebal

Post by yewasebal »

Dental Care is a dental practice that offers a wide range of services for maintaining oral health and enhancing smiles. Their commitment to dental excellence is evident in their comprehensive approach to patient care. Whether you're seeking routine check-ups, cosmetic procedures, or specialized treatments like mini dental implants, they have you covered. Their team's expertise and dedication to patient well-being are commendable. If you're in need of dental care in Forest Hills, Queens, I recommend visiting their website at https://www.vipdentalny.com/mini-dental ... ls-queens/ to learn more about the services they provide and how they can help you achieve and maintain a healthy smile.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”