Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Can H.pylori in mouth cause reinfection?

How do you catch Hp? From your mother when she kisses you? From brothers and sisters as a small child? From sexual partners as adults (kissing)? From dirty water (fecal contamination)? From animals? Who knows???

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, stomach

rifle_li

Can H.pylori in mouth cause reinfection?

Post by rifle_li »

I read some articles that studied H.pylori in mouth. Conclusions of these articles make me confused. I want to know is it true or not that H.pylori can live in mouth and can cause reinfection after eradication? Some kinds of test kit to test H.pylori by saliva were sold in the Internet, can I trust these test kits and use it to test me at home? Another question is how high is the rate that a adult reinfected by h.pylori after eradication? Is there any authoritative data about my questions? Thank you very much!
Last edited by rifle_li on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fungus

Re: Can H.pylori in month cause reinfection?

Post by fungus »

Hi,

I think that H. Pylori can live in mouth, at least for a while, after all that's a major route it uses to spread from person to person. I read somewhere that sharing food with infected individuals should be avoided. If you are worried about getting reinfected in the manner you describe then I suppose you could just rinse your mouth with some strong booze (don't swallow, esp. if you're on metronidazole) every day during the treatment.

rifle_li

Re: Can H.pylori in mouth cause reinfection?

Post by rifle_li »

Thank you for your reply. In articles what I read, there are many conflicting opinions about H.pylori in mouth. Some authors think it is a important reason causing reinfection. And some authors do not think so. This question was not mentioned in the Maastricht III Consensus Report. So I want to know the most recent research about H.pylori in mouth. Also I want to know the reinfection rate of adult is high or low after eradication. Thank you!

smartuser22

Post by smartuser22 »

rifle_li wrote:I read some articles that studied H.pylori in mouth. Conclusions of these articles make me confused. I want to know is it true or not that H.pylori can live in mouth and can cause reinfection after eradication? Some kinds of test kit to test H.pylori by saliva were sold in the Internet, can I trust these test kits and use it to test me at home? Another question is how high is the rate that a adult reinfected by h.pylori after eradication? Any authoritative data about this? Hope someone knows the answer.
Hello,
I shared my French fires with someone who was infected, now I am really concerned. Did you have any success with an internet-bought kit? thank you for your answer, will be contacting a doctor also.
Last edited by smartuser22 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_scientist

Post by Helico_scientist »

Hi all,

There is no evidence, at the moment, that H. pylori can grow in the mouth. I have done a few test in the lab myself and I still can't grow H. pylori from saliva. Please don't bother buying a test from internet as it won't be accurate.The only test that can tell you if you are infected by H. pylori are Urea breath tests and Stool tests. I have many examples of couples living together for years and only one of them is infected. Thats probably why we still don't really know how Hp is transmitted. We believe it happens during childhood, especially when mums are chewing food for their baby. So unless your friend chewed your French fries before you ate them, there is nothing to worry about.

indancesky

Post by indancesky »

Also I want to know the reinfection rate of adult is high or low after eradication. Thank you!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

true reinfection is usually uncommon. However, fail eradication is common and people usually blame reinfection.

fruitlover

Post by fruitlover »

I think it is best that you consult your doctor about it first in order to make sure. You have to undergo several tests before determining if it can truly cause reinfection. ;)

bella9091

Post by bella9091 »

How very unfortunate. your doctor is right. it wont be possible for H. pylori to survive in the aquarium. However, the most possible marine organism that give you stomach problem is vibrio. it's a normal flora on fishes.
Bella

gutsickjorge

Post by gutsickjorge »

ok so bear with me here. if i regularly consume kefir or yogurt directly from the large container, and am infected with hp, couldn't I be consuming an hp culture and continually reinfecting! how about toothbrush? this treatment regimen is brutal, I don't want to go thru it again.i realize it may not eradicate the bug, but how much precaution should I take for reinfection? is it possible that what is considered failure to eradicate is infact in many cases continued reinfection due to the environment/habits of the individual or living conditions? while im at it ,is it advisable to even consume these goods at all during treatment? thanks

Return to “Epidemiology and Transmission ( How do you catch it?) 幽门螺杆菌的传播”