Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Is there any research Re: H.pylori and late onset Midgut NETS?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

KMc

Is there any research Re: H.pylori and late onset Midgut NETS?

Post by KMc »

Previous history of H.pylori 1988.
Present history of Midgut NETS 2020.
Question.
Question Re: Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

If this infection can sit in the stomach and the first part of the duodenum undetected for many years, with the serious consequence of cancer at the initial sites of infection, why can we not attribute the same bacterial infection to late onset Neuroendocrine tumours of the mid gut, the jejunum?

. Could H. pylori not be the rascal that triggers NETS later on in life?

. Have researchers looked at the NETS under the microscope to see if the H.pylori is present in these glands?

. Could NETS be caused by a viral infection which lies dormant as with H. pylori?

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Is there any research Re: H.pylori and late onset Midgut NETS?

Post by barjammar »

OK, Neuro Endocrine Tumours of the G.I. tract are the issue here. Some genetic causes are known (MEN etc.) but usually the actual cause is not exactly known. They tend to be low grade malignancy so can be removed (if only one) but hard to cure if they spread. I have seen only a couple of cases in my life. I saw that an association with peptic ulcer has been reported but it's a "chicken or egg" question.
Certainly H.pylori triggers stem cells to migrate into the gastric mucosa, and stem cells can then be subjected to carcinogens in the diet, also to inflammation (free radicals), so there is a possible mechanism whereby NETS could be triggered from a stem cell mutation. So it may be a very rare effect of a common (H.pylori) disease.
So my recommendation is to search for Helicobacter and get rid of it. This means serology falling and urea breath tests and/or biopsies being negative.
As for MIDGUT NETS, the same thing applies but you know that H.pylori is hardly ever in that location so less likely a cause.
As for a viral cause? Certainly. I think slow or hibernating viruses are a possibility. With all these things you need to know exactly what you are looking for (so you have a DNA/PCR probe) otherwise you won't find it.
My life plan is (starting now) to continually survey children for viruses from cradle (now) to grave (100 years later) and see what viral sequences turn up. At least save a bank of samples, and some people in the world are already doing this. These can be probed retrospectively later if a person gets a rare disease like NETS. Who knows what will turn up.
There are two causes of disease: 1=Congenital/genetic 2=Environmental/infectious/toxicities
Seems simple but technology will solve.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”