Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Mild Gastritis diagnosed

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

AMERC

Re: Mild Gastritis diagnosed

Post by AMERC »

Thanks

That is v useful to know that in 14days bacteria load can increase to a significant amount to be detected in the stool test.

As I had finished my triple therapy treatment in January 21 and then did the stool test 2 months after in March 21 and then again in May 21 both of which were negative (and i was not on any ppi at that time) can I safely assume that the h pylori infection of January 21 must have cleared and my current symptoms are unlikely to be from the same h pylori?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You are right about the clearance of H. pylori.

However, the symptoms may persist because of the damage done. Most of the people can return to normal life or a full recovery. However, some patients continue to suffer from the symptoms because of the damage left by H. pylori. In general, the younger you are, the better healing you'll get. As we aged, our repair mechanism gets weaker and weaker. Some wound will leave a permanent scar.

But most importantly is to get rid of H. pylori and the damage stop there. We hope that by getting rid of the H. pylori the symptoms will gradually go away and will stop worsening.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Got my latest stool test results and it was negative. This is 3rd time I have tested negative in a year after completing the triple therapy treatment so hopefully the bacteria has gone.

Only need to figure why I get these bouts of acidity once every couple of months were the acid reflux pain and heartburn takes a week to 10 days to settle down. Clearly its the inflammation from acid reflux to thr esophagus that's is causing the symptoms but what causes the acidity to rise occasionally remains a mystery

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yea... some lesions can become permanent "scar", which ultimately leads to long term problem. There is no easy fix for this. Take PPI to control the acid to protect your throat.

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

Hi Helico Expert

Just to update you on my condition

I did urea breath test after stopping 8 days ago and the result is Negative. UBT Value DPM is 10

Doctor says 8 days is sufficient to test before stopping the PPI

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

what's the cut-off threshold?
If it's 50, then I think it's pretty good.
we would prefer at least 14 days without PPI, but you have already done it. So we will just have to take it as it is. let's continue to monitor the symptoms. if there is no improvement after 3 months, then you can consider to repeat the breath test.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”