Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Mild Gastritis diagnosed

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

celeron16

Re: Mild Gastritis diagnosed

Post by celeron16 »

Thanks for your feedback.

I finished the 20 days course of PPI, but unfortunately symptoms did not subside. Excessive burping, gases, nausea and loss of appetite. He was bit mazed knowing my condition did not improve. So he put me on below antibiotics for 7 days, empirical treatment for H Pylori.

Esomac Hp Combo Combipack Tablet combination of three medicines: Clarithromycin, Esomeprazole, and Amoxicillin

Can you please advice if these antibiotics and the duration of 7 days is the right course of treatment for H Pylori. I have heard the duration of course is 14 days.

Thanks alot

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

before telling you how good is the 7 days therapy, I first need to know if you had started your HP7 treatment? Have you had it before?

based on the guideline, you should get a affirmative test result of having H. pylori before getting the treatment.

if you had this treatment before, it is likely for this treatment to fail.

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

Sorry I didn't mentioned before. Yes, I have started the H Pylori treatment 4 days ago. The last treatment for H Pylori was 5 years ago where I took course of antibiotics and then a breathe test which showed Negative at that point of time. I took the test after 1 month post completing the treatment for HP.

Could you please elucidate why the current treatment is likely to fail?

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

@Helico Expert, can you please share your feedback on the above post.

I am about to finish the triple therapy course. I have appointment with GP thereafter

Thank you

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Hi Helico_expert

Is it possible to get the helicobacter again after having successfully eradicated it with the triple therapy treatment?

Mine had gone last March 21 and I did the stool test twice last year to confirm negative results.

Over the last few months I have been virtually free of acidity but since last couple of days I have been experiencing some mild acidity symptoms like used have when the infection was present but it was a lot intense then.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Although rare, but it is possible to get reinfection.
Make sure everyone under the same roof is free of H. pylori.
get a stool test to find out if you still have H. pylori.

it's common to have "H. pylori"-like symptoms even after H. pylori eradication. It's probably triggered by some food or stress. But usually episodes like this will become less and less frequent throughout the years.

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

Helico Expert

Why do you think my triple therapy will fail. Please clarify

Thanks

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Thanks Helico_expert

I also think it might be something I ate that has caused acidity. But previously (i.e before h pylori infection) when i would get stomach upset this didn't use to cause acidity.

Can acidity increase because you have eaten say something that has expired?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Why do you think my triple therapy will fail. Please clarify
H. pylori is a very smart bacteria. Not only it is the only bacteria that can survive in the stomach. It can hide away from your immune system and constantly cause inflammation. If you look at the mutation rate, it is almost like a virus. The reason is because the enzyme that replicate the DNA, has a malfunction proof reading feature. So every time it replicates its DNA, some errors (or mutations) are incorporated. Some of these mutations can contribute to antibiotic resistance. So if your antibiotics or PPI dose are not strong enough to kill them all, the survival resistant strains will gradually take over.

Can acidity increase because you have eaten say something that has expired?
I dont think acid is triggered by expired food. But the gastric symptoms can definitely be triggered by stress. As I mentioned, many patients here in Australia are free of H. pylori. We dont know how stress trigger the gastric symptoms.

in addition, we had a clinical trial where we gave healthy people H. pylori strains. It was a double blind study where the volunteers dont know if they were given the real H. pylori or just placebo. One of the patients from the placebo ended up in emergency in the middle of the night because of the stress. He kept thinking that he had the real deal and had all the right symptoms. So, if you keep having negative thoughts, eventually your body will response to the stress.

celeron16

Post by celeron16 »

Thank you for your response.

Please advice if I should continue with another 7 days of triple therapy or wait for a month to get it tested for presence of HP.

You mentioned that gastritis can be triggered by stress, which is quite likely in my case and corelates with the findings of my gastro. He thinks it is stress and anxiety related and not HP alone. As matter of fact, I was going through anxiety because of my mouth issues. I was having continuous burning sensation on the roof of my mouth and tip of my tongue with frequent aphthous ulcers from last 4 months. I recently got it evaluated by a dentist, and he could not find anything suspicious. He prescribed anti-oxidant tablets and advised me consult a gastro stating there could be something in the stomach. This statement made my anxiety hit the roof. The next morning I was feel nauseous, unable to burp, stomach motility problems and loss of appetite started. Though, I was suffering from mild case like loss of appetite, little nausea before my consultation, but it made it worst after meeting him.

So my questions are

1. I am really confused whether it is caused by stress or H Pylori?
2. I have completed 7 days triple therapy and still on PPI for the next 20 days. I am not sure whether I should continue antibiotics for another 7 days or re-test the eradication after 30 days

Please help!

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”