Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Low lymphocytes?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Callum

Low lymphocytes?

Post by Callum »

I’m currently half way through my 7 day triple therapy treatment for Helicobacter and symptoms aren’t improving but I know to trust the process so I’m sure I’ll start seeing improvements soon

I’ve been struggling since Christmas Day when I felt terribly ill, shaky and was sick, I went to my GP early Jan (symptoms - globus sensation - Nausea - loss of appetite - losing weight )they prescribed omeprazole 40mg 2x daily for 2 weeks, which didn’t help so I went back, they said to drop it down to 20mg 2x daily for 2 weeks which didn’t help either

Then 3 weeks ago I was at work and when I finished something hit me like a ton of bricks, i had terrible fatigue and I went incredibly dizzy anytime I wasn’t in a dark room, I’ve been off work since then and now it’s turned into lightheadedness and faint rather than dizziness, I can manage it if I am in bed watching tv but if I go for a walk longer than half a mile I get all lightheaded again and have to turn back

When it happened I phoned 111 and went to the hospital and they did some heart tests and blood tests and then my doctor did a FBC , everything was in order except I had low lymphocytes and was told to go for a Covid test, so I went for one and it was negative then was paranoid so I went for another and also negative.

My h.pylori test came back positive on Wednesday so I’m hoping that it’s all interconnected as my doctor said they don’t think my symptoms are typical of helicobacter, but fingers crossed 🤞

Anyone else had anything similar?

Thanks
Callum

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Low lymphocytes?

Post by Helico_expert »

agree with your doctor. H. pylori's symptoms are usually focus on the digestive system. Then again, it's also associated with iron deficiency, which is correlate with nausea. But I assume your blood test did not highlight iron deficiency.

Callum

Post by Callum »

Correct, FBC showed nothing unusual except the low lymphocytes

Callum

Post by Callum »

Would it be okay to take iron supplements while taking triple therapy for helicobacter? Or taking them after treatment?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you probably dont need additional iron pill as you have sufficient of it.

Like the doctor said, your symptoms may not because of H. pylori. Hopefully the strong antibiotics can get rid of other pathogens that is causing it.

Callum

Post by Callum »

Thank you for your replies Helico_Expert, they are much appreciated , one last question if I may, I am taking 30mg of lansoprazole 2x daily along with the antibiotics for 7 days, after this treatment do I drop down dosage to one 30mg lansoprazole on a morning for a month during recovery phase?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

after you completed your 7 days treatment, you can gradually stop your lansoprazole. Perhaps change to once a day for a week, then alternate days, then stop.

monitor your own symptoms. if you think you cannot reduce the dosage, because the reflux or any acid symptoms keep coming back, then you can go back to 2x a day for another week.

Callum

Post by Callum »

Are there any known links between Helibactor or PPI use and low blood sugar? As my non gastric symptoms , lightheadedness and dizziness are compounded when I am either exerting or when I am hungry and although still there, they are much less noticeable after meals

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori and PPI can affect the appetite. Some people may find certain food too sensitive and avoid them.
H. pylori is also link to iron deficiency, which then lead to "lightheaded" symptoms.
PPI is generally safe. Long term (more than a year) use of PPI may lead to calcium deficiency in bone.

Callum

Post by Callum »

I’ve seen that people are told to be off PPI for 2 weeks before a test, when I was told to get my test I was on PPI for a month straight, I know they can give false negatives but can they give false positives?

My lightheadedness has now manifested into incredibly painful headaches when i am moving and a dull headache when i am sitting still

I think I am going to double my lansoprazole dose to 30mg in morning and 30mg in evening as my symptoms haven’t changed at all and have only got worse since I ended my triple therapy ( 10 days ago )

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”