Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Symptoms of Helicobacter pylori?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

procro89

Symptoms of Helicobacter pylori?

Post by procro89 »

Hi,

the doctor prescribed me PPI for two weeks, the symptoms did not go away.
I am currently waiting for 2 weeks to pass since taking PPI so I can do a stool test on HP.

I have adjusted my diet to the GERD diet even though I have no symptoms of acid reflux. Are these common HP symptoms or do they indicate some other contagion?

My symptoms are:

Sour taste in the mouth (It bothers me the most)
White tongue
Feeling of heaviness under the left rib, mostly after eating (I'm sure it's the stomach)
Periodically flatulence
Periodically gas in the stomach

I have not:
Heartburn
Physical sensation of acid return to the esophagus or throat
Chest pain
Diarrhea
Nausea
Vomit
Abdominal pain or cramps etc.

thx

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Symptoms of Helicobacter pylori?

Post by Helico_expert »

Your symptoms may or may not be because of H. pylori. not all H. pylori infection will lead to reflux or ulcer. It depends on the inflammation and damaged site.

so when you take PPI, does it relief your symptoms? if it does, perhaps you should continue with PPI or try some milder H2 blockers.

while waiting for the stool test, you can take H2 blockers, like famotidine, to help with the symptoms. H2 blockers will not affect the stool test.

procro89

Post by procro89 »

It all started with a sour taste in the mouth as an alarming symptom. The feeling of heaviness in my stomach, below my left rib, is not the main symptom (it is on the threshold of sensitivity). It occurs after certain meals. I was taking PPI for two weeks. PPIs had an effect on the feeling of heaviness in the stomach. I concluded that this feeling was actually an inflamed lining of the stomach. The fact is that I definitely have mild stomach problems. PPIs did not have a large effect on the sour taste in the mouth. The sour taste would disappear for a while and come back again. 2 cups of short coffee was the trigger to restore the sour taste for the first time.

I would like to know if patients with HP had white tongue with a feeling of acid in their mouth without having a noticeable acid reflux.

Or maybe it’s a combined combination of HP and Candida?

Searching the internet I found that white tongue with a feeling of acid in the mouth are symptoms of gastritis with high acidity. I don’t have heartburn and I did an acid test with baking soda a few times which indicated I had low acid. So I’m pretty confused and the doctor says it’s probably HP.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It is possible to have both H. pylori and candida in your tongue. Perhaps you need to ask your doctor to check for fungus infection. or perhaps by simple improvement in your oral hygiene, such as mouth wash, may ease your oral symptom.

Atrix

Post by Atrix »

As for sour taste in the mouth and bloating I would lean towards GERD. I have cleared HPylori from my body, but similar symptoms to yours linger on for couple of years. Especially, at night I can clearly feel sour taste in the mouth. My esophageal sphincter doesn't close completely and this might be the cause of the recurring discomfort, bloating and moderate pain, which I manage with some days of low-dosage PPI. When having a pain bout my tongue becomes slightly white, but with stomach discomfort subsiding it returns back to normal red. Anyhow I suggest undergoing a breath-test to exlclude hpylori as culprit..

LaCole

Post by LaCole »

I've been dealing with symptoms for over 4 mo. That randomly appeared. All tests have been clear...multiple cts, hida, multiple labs and ED visit...
Endoscopy bx of h pylori while on ppi at 5wks showed negative. Endoscopy did show mild chronic gastritis and mild active duodenitis, after being on ppis for 5weeks, I had been on ppi for 2 month total, no symptom change, and very sick feeling.
After 2 gi drs, I saw a surgeon. I told him my symptoms and he thought h pylori. He told me sometimes it can cause a sour taste in mouth.. my first gi dr also told me that.
Well the surgeon told me only forsure way to know if I have h pylori the 1st time is to do a blood test. He told me if there was any amount of antibodies there, that I had been exposed to h pylori at some point in my life and since I have never been treated for it, meant I still have it and that is the cause of my gastritis and duodenitis... (I dont smoke, drink, do drugs, take nsaids for headaches here in there, I dont eat fast food or have a mostly healthy diet except chips and chocolate, and I worked out 3to4 times every week weight training and cardio) I was fit and healthy before any of this started out of nowhere.... I'm also a bedside oncology nurse which doubles my risk.
Anyway, did blood test, he called me today and told me I do have IGg h pylori antibodies, not a high amount, but he said that doesnt matter, he said what matters is that I do have the antibodes so I was exposed to h pylori at sometime, and he said that is what's causing my duodenitis, he prescribed me triple therapy for the next 2 weeks and a follow up appt in 3 weeks....

Symtpoms
Started with a strong bad sour taste in mouth for a couple days.
Woke up, drank coffee one day and become very nauseous, threw up, bloated, and stomach ache... since that day never felt good again.
Sour taste continued at varying degrees
Constant 24/7 heavy, gnawing, sick feeling subxiphoid... just constantly makes me feel sick to my stomach, idk how else to explain it other than heavy gnawing sick feeling, like something is sitting there... this is my biggest problem, always feeling sick to my stomach. It's like nausea, but different.
I've quit grad school and havent been to work in 2 months. I've been crying everyday, and lay around feeling miserable. Endlessly suffering 24/7. It's been life ruining.
Havent been able to eat like I used to, feel full quicker and yet still hungry at the same time, always feeling hungry, if I eat a normal amount i feel sicker to my stomach, a more nauseated feeling. I dont throw up. I've lost a little bit of weight. This has been hell.
I hope this is the answer.

LaCole

Post by LaCole »

Does that sound about right to you expert???

LaCole

Post by LaCole »

If you have igg h pylori antibodies that fall within a negative range, does that still mean you are still infected with h pylori if uve never had treatment for it? He said any amount of antibodies means you were exposed to h pylori at some point in life.... That's what I was told by the surgeon....

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You are right about having antibody, means you had been exposed previously. It doesnt mean you have it now.

Maybe you had some antibiotics for your other diseases or some herbs that you are unaware of, and had H. pylori kill off by accident.

So, your doctor should order a breath or stool test to determine if you had H pylori now. Unless he thinks there is an unknown bacteria, and hope that the triple therapy would knock them out. We dont like this kind of approach as it is encouraging unnecessary exposure to antibiotics that may lead to further resistance and complications.

LaCole

Post by LaCole »

I dont know, he I guess based it on my symptoms, gastritis, duodenitis and all tests being clear, he said I do have h pylori because I have some antibodies and never had treatment for it... so he thinks my number may be low because of recent flagyl and ppi use at separate times... but he said h pylori is what is causing my duodenitis and stomach sickness.... but this all is making me feel skeptical.
This is making me sad, like this wasnt the answer to my debilitating stomach issue :(
Not sure why I would have gastritis and duodenitis even after 5wks on ppi and having no other factors that cause it... sigh

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”