Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

HPylori eradication='silver bullet' / end of gastric problems?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Atrix

HPylori eradication='silver bullet' / end of gastric problems?

Post by Atrix »

First off, I tremendously grateful for having this forum, where experts help people in their struggle against this stomach bug. The site and forum name correctly suggests that this is all about H.Pyolri and hence, it is understandable that the focus is mainly on eradication of Hpylori.. But does a successful eradication always mean the end of suffering and symptoms? Because this is what we all ultimately want, right?
My personal experience and some research produce a mixed outcome. At least concerning the cases of so-called non-ulcer dyspepsia. Certainly it reduces the gravity of symptoms and the chances of getting cancer, but as for symptoms / stomach inflammation, not to speak about the possible GERD issues, the eradication doesn't guarantee 100% a happy ending. So, my point is, that here, on the side of experts, I would have preferred here promoting more awarness that hpylori might just be a part of equation for the causes of suffering. People need to know that eradication would be just one stage of adressing their stomach troubles, although an important one. Diet, stress, alcohol & tobacco, autoimmunity issues, various malignant viruses and bacteria, heredity after all.. On the forum, there are numerous people asking: I eradicated hpyolri.. why I am still symptomatic?? My message would be: yes, go for eradication.. but don't anticipate that it would totally and quickly cure your symptoms.. It might.. But be prepared for a long-term fight and be ready to address your lifestyle issues as well..

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: HPylori eradication='silver bullet' / end of gastric problems?

Post by Helico_expert »

I agree. The later you get rid of H. pylori, the deeper the seed is planted.
Once you have H. pylori eradicated, your risk is stopped there, not reduced.
Not everyone will develop cancer with H. pylori, but the earlier you have H. pylori eradicated, your risk of developing gastric cancer will be way lower than without HP eradication.

We are still not sure how to identify this "seed". Not sure who is more likely to develop cancer. Not sure how to reverse intestinal metaplasia. Plenty of research can still be done.

tunesx9

Re: HPylori eradication='silver bullet' / end of gastric problems?

Post by tunesx9 »

Well said , hpylori is not the pure devil , it may even protect u , since the eradication of hpylori , gi issues went on the rise , ibs and autoimmune gi diseases are rising , allergies are rising , a gi doctor who prescribe antibiotics and tell his patient to eat whatever he likes is pure wrong .... lets get to real question why your immune system us reacting to hpylori leading to inflammation ? Even cag and vac virulent species of hpylori can be found in healthy people with no problem , gastritis is on a histological diagnosis , u can finf healthy people with activ gastritis with no problems and sick people with perfect gi tract yet complaining, i would say hpylori is 20 % of the equation , genetics , herdity , host immunity are extremely important , with all this said peptic ulcers and at risk patient should eradicate it and confirm it at least once .... diet is key for the after eradication

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”