Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My experience.

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Mattb94

My experience.

Post by Mattb94 »

New to this forum, would love some help if possible.

For the past month I've been having a bit of a bad time. It began with a bloated feeling, feeling full and generally lacking in appetite. I had a few loose stools around this time. A few days later I awoke with a complete feeling of tightness around my stomach and intestines and feeling pretty sick. No matter how I laid, I could not get comfortable. The days that followed I was up and down, stomach still felt very sensitive, but managed to eat small amounts. This has generally persisted over the past month, symptoms including-

-Persistent burping, without even eating food. Sometimes it is worsened after drinking tea or acidic foods.
-Tight (sometimes painful) feeling in stomach and intestines, at times with stomach gurgling
-lack of appetite
-tiredness, weakness
-gas and trapped wind
-A few toilet issues, constipation (due to lack of eating potentially), diarrhea has only occurred once or twice after stupidly deciding to eat some fried mozzarella sticks.
-asthma symptoms (I am asthmatic, feel like this has exacerbated it)
-general aches

I have been to the doctors, who gave me a general physical, requested a stool sample to check for h pylori. First came back negative, however I had been taking nexium a week and a half before which may have altered the result. I have since submitted a second sample, which I am waiting for the result for.

For some context, I am a 24 year old male from the UK. I only really started having issues with acid reflux after going to university 5 years ago. My thoughts are that I may have picked something like h pylori up whilst there, as sharing bottles and glasses is common practice at universities. Is it possible to only have mild symptoms for a period but have 'flare ups'?
Obviously this is all conjecture. I am a ball of stress at the moment, I've literally become housebound because of how much this experience is affecting me. I have a wife that I want to be there for but I'm a little useless at that at the moment. I apologise for the long post, I just wanted to vent at what my doctor believes this may be. Thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My experience.

Post by Helico_expert »

perhaps you should get a blood test. a negative blood test would mean you never had H. pylori, at least since the last few months.

a positive blood test result would mean you had been exposed before and further confirmation test needed.

thomas.shillingford

Re: My experience.

Post by thomas.shillingford »

U need to do a breath test i have done stool samples and blood before and been negative....breath test is more accurate i found i was posotive

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”